Stupid election backlash

DC Tom

Stupid Election Backlash continues.................. :lol:

is-this-real-life_new.jpg

Peak pathetic! Rolling Stone finds treatment for post-election depression (Hint: BEYOND parody)

Were not sure what stage of post-election grief this article from Rolling Stone signifies, but its got to be a fairly high number:

45]

Close

People are paying $80 to cuddle because Trump

Previous

Next

Not exactly "The Greatest Generation"

45]

31 replies17 retweets31 likes

Reply 31

The feminization continues.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's a take. You're a moron.

No link required joeshitpack

ey, mon. You posted bull ****. You've posted it before. Your a coward, a hack and the type that makes fecal matter like tiberius look decent.

Jsp and others call you out on your nonsense. Maybe the idiots on tsw revere you for having the ability to cut and paste with no original thought or ability to engage in opinion But they're mostly retards. YOLO, your opposite engages in contextual conversations, can state opinions and knows the Bills.

Calling someone like Joe names lowers yourself to my level. If you wanna start going low it won't end Well for you Which we already know Becsuse you have me blocked in fear and your Daddy beerball ain't here to protect you.

ey, mon. You posted bull ****. You've posted it before. Your a coward, a hack and the type that makes fecal matter like tiberius look decent.

Jsp and others call you out on your nonsense. Maybe the idiots on tsw revere you for having the ability to cut and paste with no original thought or ability to engage in opinion But they're mostly retards. YOLO, your opposite engages in contextual conversations, can state opinions and knows the Bills.

Calling someone like Joe names lowers yourself to my level. If you wanna start going low it won't end Well for you Which we already know Becsuse you have me blocked in fear and your Daddy beerball ain't here to protect you.

"unblocked".

Headline on a WaPo book review: "Sorry, but I don’t care how you felt on election night. Not anymore."

Carlos Lozada is reviewing 3 books: "RADICAL HOPE: Letters of Love and Dissent in Dangerous Times," "RULES FOR RESISTANCE: Advice From Around the Globe for the Age of Trump," and "HOW DO I EXPLAIN THIS TO MY KIDS? Parenting in the Age of Trump."

The review begins:

You saw them. You probably read a few. Maybe you even wrote one.

Seething political takes. Overwrought open letters. Emotional manifestos. They began invading our inboxes and Facebook feeds in the early hours of Nov. 9, 2016, and continued for days and weeks. They frothed from keyboards across the country, countless renditions of what became an instantly recognizable genre: the How I Felt on Election Night essay.

Lozada is fed up with reading stuff like:

‘Overwhelmed by grief.” “Brokenhearted.” “Hopeless.” “Something inside me died on Election night.” “I woke up that morning and everything felt f—ed.”

And:

“I am not ashamed to admit I am more afraid than ever,” writes novelist Meredith Russo. For novelist Mira Jacob, the moment evoked the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001: “At four [a.m.], I bolted awake with a surge of fear I have not felt for fifteen years.” And writer Nicole Chung recalls how, that evening, she and her husband “would remain up for hours, alternately swearing and reaching for each other’s hands in bleary and increasing panic.”

The moment evoked the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001... That sounds awful, but I can relate to the sense of disbelief. The kick in the head — that really happened — over and over again. On and after 9/11, I remember experiencing that kick, first multiple times within each minute, gradually decreasing to perhaps once a minute or 10 times an hour, on and on, until I fully absorbed the reality. It happened.

There was a slightly similar feeling about Trump, but it was much, much milder. 9/11 happened suddenly one day and the pictures vividly confronted us with the reality.

Election day was a known date, and the polls only made it something like 80% likely that Hillary would win. We'd been seeing Trump's success and survival against all odds for months, and even on election night the reality crept up slowly. The news media deliberately slowed it down, performing the strange theater of imagining how it could still be possible for Hillary to find a path to victory and delaying calling Michigan.

When I see the continuing shock and struggle to absorb the reality of Trump's presidency, I want to ask these people why they did not understand the people of their own country and why they do not accept the consequences of democracy? You don't believe in democracy if you only believe in it when someone you like wins. This is democracy, and these are your fellow citizens.

CHARLIE MARTIN: Breaking News: Donald Trump is President.

Donald J Trump is President. Really. Won it fair and square, he was inaugurated seven — almost eight — months ago, and very probably is going to be President for another three and a half years.

Minimum.

So, now, children, let’s calm down. All of you people over there saying Trump is unqualified and should be removed? Give it up. He’s qualified by the only qualification that matters: he is over 35, he is a native US citizen, and he won the damned election. The Constitution doesn’t have a clause in it for removal by vote of the media, or because his political opponents don’t like him. The only reason he can be removed Constitutionally is if someone finds high crimes and misdemeanors.

Now, I know that some people are fantasizing about the Democrats taking the House, and passing a Bill of Impeachment, and somehow getting the Senate to convict.

To which I say, “be careful, you’ll get chafed.”

Besides, look what we know now:
the Russian collusion story is effectively dead — the famous Golden Showers Dossier is the product of a Democratic opposition research house, talking to Russians is actually not a crime, and the case has gotten much stronger that the DNC emails weren’t obtained by Russian hackers. If you’re hanging your hopes on the Emoluments Clause, remember that George Washington ran his business while President. If George Washington could do it without hitting the Emoluments Clause, it’s going to be tough passing the laugh test with Trump.

Let’s game the impeachment out, though. Say it happened. Then there are going to be approximately 43 million Americans who are convinced that the President they elected has been removed by the people they were voting against when they elected him. I don’t care what you think of Trump, that won’t be good. And should it happen, what do you think the next election will be like?

So, stop.

They can’t. And I mean that literally. It’s not just a political posture. It’s a psychological need.

here’s one more excerpt:

Legacy media, it’s like this: if you want to have your reporting respected, your reporting is going to have to deserve respect. If you keep reporting fake news, people are going to keep thinking you report fake news.

For everyone: stop using the word “treason” unless you’re prepared to show which recognized enemy with which we have a legally-recognized state of active hostilities. And good luck with that.

But stop bandying it about recklessly: you’re accusing someone of a capital crime. That goes for everybody: Debbie Wassermann-Schultz, Hillary Clinton, Steve Bannon, Donald Trump Jr., Donald Trump Sr., basement-dwelling ne’er-do-wells whether they’re carrying a Swastika or a Hammer and sickle. If you want to know why accusing these people of treason is bad, read the Federalist Paper number 43 or just look at history: “treason” is an awfully convenient way to justify killing your political opposition.

Whatever your politics, it’s time to recognize that the election is over, and and what’s going on now is hurting the country and hurting the people. It’s time to start a acting like responsible citizens of a free nation.

Or at least it’s time to decide whether you
want
to be citizens of a free nation.