Stupid election backlash

DC Tom

Betsy DeVos appoints campus free speech advocate Adam Kissel of FIRE. Leftists flip out.

Including “Sen. Patty Murray (D-Wash.), well-known for her defense of Osama bin Laden as a man who built roads, schools, and daycare centers back in 2002, [who] blasted Kissel’s appointment in a statement.”

Read the whole thing.

Patty voted AGAINST the Iraq War. She's a lot smarter than most of 'em.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Patty voted AGAINST the Iraq War. She's a lot smarter than most of 'em.

She encouraged Clinton's disengagement with the Taliban; then decried our lack of support for Afghanistan by comparing our policies to bin Laden's humanitarian efforts when Republicans were in power, and blamed Clinton's policies on said Republicans; and voted less against the invasion of Iraq than she did against Republicans.

She's not smart. She's a typical partisan bullshitter relying on the ADHD of the electorate to not notice how big a hypocrite she really is.

REALLY!? NYT op-ed marks anniversary of Pulse attack with slam on … (just guess)

Today marks one year since the attack at the Pulse nightclub in Orlando, Florida that left 49 dead and dozens more wounded. The terrorist, Omar Mateen, pledged allegiance to ISIS during his rampage but yet some in the Obama administration were nevertheless left stumped as to any motive for the attack. An op-ed in the New York Times marking the anniversary of the attack takes the focus in a predictable direction by dodging the directly related facts and instead slamming Trump and “Islamophobia”:

DCH9sSPW0AAIpGm.jpg

New York Times op-ed: Yeah, that Pulse shooting was bad, but what about Donald Trump?

http://nymag.com/news/politics/45934/#

Ms. Steinem's excellent essay post-68 Chicago Convention on the bad choices abounding in 1968. Reads basically the same for 2016 as well.

It's all been done before, very rarely has it really mattered in an election....

Buchanan's latest book on Nixon is a good read to capture the times. He got out of Watergate hassles scot-free by always asking Nixon why he would bother worrying and plotting when 48 states were going to fall into your lap in the 1972 election.

Rich Lowry: American politics is now all about one thing: impeachment.

“What would Democrats impeach Trump for? ...........................................This is a question of mere details.

They’ll surely find a case somewhere amidst the feverish allegations of obstruction of justice, abuse of power and violations of the emoluments clause.”

Democrats since November are like a dog chasing a truck. They won’t like what happens if they catch it, but they can’t help themselves.

Eventually the populace as a whole gets sick of BREAKING NEWS ABOUT TRUMP'S IMMEDIATE IMPEACHMENT and it doesn't happen, and yet the nonsense still continues.

Rich Lowry: American politics is now all about one thing: impeachment.

“What would Democrats impeach Trump for? ...........................................This is a question of mere details.

They’ll surely find a case somewhere amidst the feverish allegations of obstruction of justice, abuse of power and violations of the emoluments clause.”

Democrats since November are like a dog chasing a truck. They won’t like what happens if they catch it, but they can’t help themselves.

When i prosecuted I wanted the crime first, then followed the money and results. But you can do it by saying that the bank accounts look like something happened, but that rarely works out well. Now I defend against the "looks like something might have happened" prosecutors.

Eventually the populace as a whole gets sick of BREAKING NEWS ABOUT TRUMP'S IMMEDIATE IMPEACHMENT and it doesn't happen, and yet the nonsense still continues.

But it came from 'high level unnamed sources with intimate knowledge of the situation', therefore reality is wrong! #RESIST!

But it came from 'high level unnamed sources with intimate knowledge of the situation', therefore reality is wrong! #RESIST!

even the brats who lay on the grocery store floor and scream their lungs out stop their babyishness.

and no, you still aren't getting a chocolate bar

http://nymag.com/news/politics/45934/#

Ms. Steinem's excellent essay post-68 Chicago Convention on the bad choices abounding in 1968. Reads basically the same for 2016 as well.

I often think that times are getting crazy and it's never been like this. Then I read of watch political stuff from the past and realize it's​ always been like this.

I watched a 20+ year old law and order the other day. It was about a rebellious group that committed a crime. The justification sounded like today including income inequality and foriegners contributing to candidates.

Go back and watch Mr. Smith goes to Washington and watch Jimmy Stewarts passioned speech. Sounds like it Could have been written yesterday.

I often think that times are getting crazy and it's never been like this. Then I read of watch political stuff from the past and realize it's​ always been like this.

I watched a 20+ year old law and order the other day. It was about a rebellious group that committed a crime. The justification sounded like today including income inequality and foriegners contributing to candidates.

Go back and watch Mr. Smith goes to Washington and watch Jimmy Stewarts passioned speech. Sounds like it Could have been written yesterday.

TV Show Rewrites Entire Season After Hillary Lost, Will Bleep Out Trump's Name

‘Broad City’ will bleep Donald Trump’s name in Season 4.

“We wrote (Season 4) being like, ‘Here we go! Hillary for president!’ ” Glazer tells USA TODAY. But after “this game-show host became president of our country, we rewrote a lot.”

One episode, which premiered at Colossal Clusterfest in San Francisco earlier this month, deals with the idea that “a witch is really just a woman who’s in touch with her womanhood,” Glazer says. “Ilana’s ‘powers’ are decreasing during the current administration because it’s just so hard to (orgasm) when you know so many people are in such danger. So Ilana works through her Trump-related (hang-up) and it’s wild.”