Stupid election backlash

DC Tom

I looked through Streep's long list of film credits, and discovered that the only movies of her's that I have ever seen are "Deerhunter" and "Manhattan" (both smallish, supporting roles). I haven't avoided her, but we have somehow never crossed paths. She means nothing to me, and I have watched a massive amount and variety of movies, from Jess Franco to Eisenstein to Spielberg. It really surprised me, but then again, most of her work is seems to be self-serious drivel.

It's funny you mention that because I have a similar experience. She's always there, always nominated for something, but I could only pick out 5 of her movies I've seen, and only one of those was in the last 20 years.

Like LABillz, I most identify her with being Dustin Hoffman's b---h ex-wife from 40 years ago.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I looked through Streep's long list of film credits, and discovered that the only movies of her's that I have ever seen are "Deerhunter" and "Manhattan" (both smallish, supporting roles). I haven't avoided her, but we have somehow never crossed paths. She means nothing to me, and I have watched a massive amount and variety of movies, from Jess Franco to Eisenstein to Spielberg. It really surprised me, but then again, most of her work is seems to be self-serious drivel.

Although I wouldn't call The Devil Wears Prada or Death Becomes Her self-serious drivel.

She really is a good actress, but it took me years to realize it. We share an alma mater, and when I was there the drama department tried to teach all the students "act like Meryl Streep does." But that only works for Meryl Streep...so her style of acting, I came to associate with very bad college actors.

I didn't even need to hear her Golden Globe speech (still haven't) to know what she said. Our alma mater invented the self-righteous, self-important SJW. Hell, people were throwing parties and screaming "We won!" for joy when the war in Nicaragua ended...and I couldn't help thinking "What are you celebrating? What did you win? You're from Flatbush, you morons!"

It's funny you mention that because I have a similar experience. She's always there, always nominated for something, but I could only pick out 5 of her movies I've seen, and only one of those was in the last 20 years.

Like LABillz, I most identify her with being Dustin Hoffman's b---h ex-wife from 40 years ago.

Although I wouldn't call The Devil Wears Prada or Death Becomes Her self-serious drivel.

She really is a good actress, but it took me years to realize it. We share an alma mater, and when I was there the drama department tried to teach all the students "act like Meryl Streep does." But that only works for Meryl Streep...so her style of acting, I came to associate with very bad college actors.

I didn't even need to hear her Golden Globe speech (still haven't) to know what she said. Our alma mater invented the self-righteous, self-important SJW. Hell, people were throwing parties and screaming "We won!" for joy when the war in Nicaragua ended...and I couldn't help thinking "What are you celebrating? What did you win? You're from Flatbush, you morons!"

I don't have a strong opinion of her work, because I've never seen it, but I'm just astonished that I have barely seen her act. I have no interest in stuff like "The French Lieutenant's Woman", or "Postcards from the Edge", but it's not like I only enjoy trashy flicks. I suppose I'm more into directors than actors.

Anyway, I was truly astonished, because she is such a prominent actress, but her work is off my map. .

I don't have a strong opinion of her work, because I've never seen it, but I'm just astonished that I have barely seen her act. I have no interest in stuff like "The French Lieutenant's Woman", or "Postcards from the Edge", but it's not like I only enjoy trashy flicks. I suppose I'm more into directors than actors.

Anyway, I was truly astonished, because she is such a prominent actress, but her work is off my map. .

You know, she was almost cast as Ripley in Alien? Nothing against Sigourney Weaver, but I would have liked to see that.

Postcards from the Edge I've never seen, but it's supposed to be a very funny movie, not an overwrought Oscar-bait drama (and written by Carrie Fisher, who was a very good screenwriter.) That's one of her movies I've wanted to see, but somehow never have.

You know, she was almost cast as Ripley in Alien? Nothing against Sigourney Weaver, but I would have liked to see that.

Postcards from the Edge I've never seen, but it's supposed to be a very funny movie, not an overwrought Oscar-bait drama (and written by Carrie Fisher, who was a very good screenwriter.) That's one of her movies I've wanted to see, but somehow never have.

It was OK. The critics rated it much higher than it merited.

Yeah, pretty damn funny. You have to admit, the left's inability and unwillingness to self assess the outcome of this election and others in recent years is quite entertaining.

They are acting like the POTUS was their only loss, when they got their collective arses kicked across the board. :D

They are acting like the POTUS was their only loss, when they got their collective arses kicked across the board. :D

Because the only thing that matters is the highest executive office.

But Republicans...they're the facists.

Intel agencies ask Americans to 'trust, don't verify' in new Cold War

As is well-known, Clapper lied to Congress about a serious violation of the constitutional rights of tens of millions of Americans. This lie is a crime for which he actually could have been prosecuted. In March 2013, Clapper falsely answered, "No, sir" to the question, "Does the NSA [National Security Association] collect any type of data at all on millions, or hundreds of millions of Americans?"

He later admitted that his answer was untrue.

Clapper lied again in Friday’s testimony, saying that Assange was "under indictment" for "a sexual crime." In fact, Assange has not been indicted for anything, and the government of Sweden has never even charged him with a crime. (He was initially questioned by Swedish police but allowed to leave the country.)

Was she topless in Sophie's choice? If so I remember that scene. Then turned it. I dont prefer comediex. I like drama

Death becomes her was the only movie I've seen of hers and I didn't know she was in it until Tom said so.