Stupid election backlash

DC Tom

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Everyday I think that she can't possibly say anything more ignorant or unaware.........................everyday, I am wrong.

Pelosi on what happens if GOP fumbles with repeal and replacement effort for Obamacare: "I don't think they have any idea"

we-have-to-pass-the-bill-224x300.png

and.............I'm wrong again.

Pelosi blames Bush for $9 trillion in debt added under 8 Years of Obama............... :wallbash:

MMA.jpeg

Streep.jpeg

My reply to Streep's comment about the NFL and MMM?

I'll take The Left STILL Doesn't Know Why Trump Won for $800 Alex.

Have you seen all the Dems skipping the inauguration because they feel that Hillary got robbed because of Russia? It's freaking hysterical. They genuinely can not accept why she lost. :lol:

It's still amazing to me how many lefties, or even how many moderate democrats (not meaning to use either of those terms disparagingly), think having a potentially compromised president is more dangerous than having a president who ran her campaign on starting a shooting war with the world's largest nuclear power.

It's almost as stupefying as those on the left who have been so quick to throw out everything liberalism has fought for centuries to achieve in favor of adopting draconian censorship, Orwellian news curators run by the federal government, and martial law all because they're afraid of what 45 might do.

The overreaction coupled with the complete ignorance of history and how these alternatives are much more dangerous than anything 45 has even joked about doing is just flat out depressing.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-nemesis-rosie-odonnell-calls-for-martial-law-174454134.html

Reset button.

Not to mention, she was simply incapable of even getting that one word translated correctly.

How incompetent do you -- as an individual -- have to act as the US Secretary of State on a trip to meet with Russia specifically to create a new relationship, and not find one person who can properly translate a single word to Russian?

That's gator-level stupid rolled in birdog logic and dipped in a vat of Ozy brain matter.

But hey...damn that FBI, amirite?

Reset button.

Let's expand a little on that: Russia invaded Georgia in the summer of 2008: when South Ossetia and Abkhazia tried to break away from Georgia, Georgia responded militarily, leading to Russia invading Georgia. Before this, tensions between Russia and Georgia had been high enough that NATO countries were strongly considering the admission of George (and the Ukraine) into NATO. The invasion, prompted by both the Georgian attack on their breakaway provinces AND the threat of NATO membership being granted, was condemned world wide, including by the Bush administration, and led to significant decline in relations between the US and Russia, including economic sanctions against Russia.

One of the key foreign policy points that Obama ran on in the early fall was to improve relations with Russia, believing that the Bush administration policy was irresponsible, and indeed that the Bush administration was responsible for the breakdown in relations. When Obama took office, this led to: the "reset" button, indicating the "reset" of relations to a more cordial and cooperative footing, the cancellation of the ABM system in Eastern Europe (which was a significant source of closer relations between the US and Eastern Europe under Bush, and a significant source of conflict with Russia), and the cancellation of the sanctions imposed on Russia for the Georgian War.

Notably, in response to that, and in violation of the cease-fire agreement, Russia did not withdraw from South Ossetia and Abkhazia. They did, however, annex the Crimea and invade Ukraine (not coincidentally, the other country being considered for NATO membership). And have undertaken military operations in Syria, in direct challenge to and at risk of military conflict with the US.

And now, after ridiculing Romney four years ago for an "80's foreign policy," the administration and Democratic Party are accusing the Republican president-elect of being in Russia's pocket, and taking a harder line than Bush in 2008, which policies they considered irresponsible and overturned as quickly as possible?

This is rewriting history at its finest. Ignore eight years of !@#$-ups, and pin everything on the guy who hasn't even taken office yet.

Let's expand a little on that: Russia invaded Georgia in the summer of 2008: when South Ossetia and Abkhazia tried to break away from Georgia, Georgia responded militarily, leading to Russia invading Georgia. Before this, tensions between Russia and Georgia had been high enough that NATO countries were strongly considering the admission of George (and the Ukraine) into NATO. The invasion, prompted by both the Georgian attack on their breakaway provinces AND the threat of NATO membership being granted, was condemned world wide, including by the Bush administration, and led to significant decline in relations between the US and Russia, including economic sanctions against Russia.

One of the key foreign policy points that Obama ran on in the early fall was to improve relations with Russia, believing that the Bush administration policy was irresponsible, and indeed that the Bush administration was responsible for the breakdown in relations. When Obama took office, this led to: the "reset" button, indicating the "reset" of relations to a more cordial and cooperative footing, the cancellation of the ABM system in Eastern Europe (which was a significant source of closer relations between the US and Eastern Europe under Bush, and a significant source of conflict with Russia), and the cancellation of the sanctions imposed on Russia for the Georgian War.

Notably, in response to that, and in violation of the cease-fire agreement, Russia did not withdraw from South Ossetia and Abkhazia. They did, however, annex the Crimea and invade Ukraine (not coincidentally, the other country being considered for NATO membership). And have undertaken military operations in Syria, in direct challenge to and at risk of military conflict with the US.

And now, after ridiculing Romney four years ago for an "80's foreign policy," the administration and Democratic Party are accusing the Republican president-elect of being in Russia's pocket, and taking a harder line than Bush in 2008, which policies they considered irresponsible and overturned as quickly as possible?

This is rewriting history at its finest. Ignore eight years of !@#$-ups, and pin everything on the guy who hasn't even taken office yet.

It's easy to rewrite the history when no one studies it anymore and our national attention span lasts about as long as a season of the Bachelor.

My personal theory aside, which I seldom bring up when discussing political issues in my day-to-day life, the ignorance of even recent history in my recent conversations has been a stunner for me. These are conversations with people I've known for years and who I consider bright and informed overall... but they're incapable of seeing the irony because they never studied history. It wasn't until recently I realize just how many "theater tech" and "fine arts" majors there are out here.

Not that a degree is the only marker of your knowledge or intelligence, it's not, but these are people in their 30s who have no understanding of history because they never had to study it past high school nor use it in their careers. If it's a headline on their facebook feed then it's real. Period.

Wait what does this have to do with the deep state???