Bozo & Friends(Defensive Coach Clowns)

LabattBlue

At this point if losing the rest of the games means Bozo(Rex), Fat Bozo(Rob), former player for Bozo's(Ed Reed), and Bozo Coach Buddies(Thurman) will be fired, then I'm all for it.

These last 3 defensive efforts have been pathetic.

Another season down the drain. Hopefully Pegula's eyes have been opened, and next time stay out of the Head Coach interviews.

At this point if losing the rest of the games means Bozo(Rex), Fat Bozo(Rob), former player for Bozo's(Ed Reed), and Bozo Coach Buddies(Thurman) will be fired, then I'm all for it.

These last 3 defensive efforts have been pathetic.

Another season down the drain. Hopefully Pegula's eyes have been opened, and next time stay out of the Head Coach interviews.

keep our offense hire Schwartz as HC

It was sarcasm.

I'm doing my big cat impersonation.

heat maps?

Yeah. Great scheme when you have a midget nickel back on giant TE's(Gronk and Graham) resulting in TD's. I guess you have never heard of putting players in a position to succeed.

I couldn't believe my eyes seeing that again. I would've thought an edict would've come down to never allow that sort of mismatch to occur again. RC is a decent corner when covering small slot guys and scar backs. Isolating him in man coverage on gronk or Graham should be a firable offense.

defense gave up 55 yards and 3 points in the second half.

Graham's two one handed TD's with a defender draped all over him on passes only he could catch and Wilson's eyes-closed, back-turned-55 yard chuck and duck with the difference.

Players make plays. They made more than we did.

Graham's two one handed TD's with a defender draped all over him on passes only he could catch and Wilson's eyes-closed, back-turned-55 yard chuck and duck with the difference.

Care to comment on how 5'7 165# Nickey Robey is the one draped all over 6'7 260# Jimmy Graham or 6'6 265# Rob Gronkowski?

Edited by BillsVet

I'm not going to blame anyone for the Graham TD catches. Clear PI on both and still made the grabs. That's why the Seahawks got him. We got nuthin' to stop that. But ... Rex insists on playing pass D the way he played it when he actually had two legit shutdown corners. How long does it take this guy to realize that Gilmore and Darby cannot match up one-on-one even with somewhat above average receivers (Decker, Baldwin) or even ordinary receivers (Hogan)? Going all out blitz and leaving those guys isolated on WRs has been a recipe for disaster all year. Yet still he does it. So please, no bragging about sack totals or QB pressure that is a result of bringing 7 rushers vs. 5 offensive lineman. Whoop de doo, we got pressure on (1) a mobile QB, (2) who stepped out of it and connected on another 50 yard play because our "shutdown corners" couldn't run with Baldwin. Or Decker. Or Hogan. That's showing 'em, Rex! It must be striking fear into the hearts of Brady and Wilson. Or maybe not. Hell, it didn't even strike fear into the heart of Ryan Effin Fitzpatrick! This works splendidly against the Case Keenums of the NFL, though. So there's alway that to fall back on, along with the cheapo sack totals he runs up by leaving Girlmore exposed out there.

I'm not going to blame anyone for the Graham TD catches. Clear PI on both and still made the grabs. That's why the Seahawks got him. We got nuthin' to stop that. But ... Rex insists on playing pass D the way he played it when he actually had two legit shutdown corners. How long does it take this guy to realize that Gilmore and Darby cannot match up one-on-one even with somewhat above average receivers (Decker, Baldwin) or even ordinary receivers (Hogan)? Going all out blitz and leaving those guys isolated on WRs has been a recipe for disaster all year. Yet still he does it. So please, no bragging about sack totals or QB pressure that is a result of bringing 7 rushers vs. 5 offensive lineman. Whoop de doo, we got pressure on (1) a mobile QB, (2) who stepped out of it and connected on another 50 yard play because our "shutdown corners" couldn't run with Baldwin. Or Decker. Or Hogan. That's showing 'em, Rex! It must be striking fear into the hearts of Brady and Wilson. Or maybe not. Hell, it didn't even strike fear into the heart of Ryan Effin Fitzpatrick! This works splendidly against the Case Keenums of the NFL, though. So there's alway that to fall back on, along with the cheapo sack totals he runs up by leaving Girlmore exposed out there.

Which defense gets by with poor CB play? Why is this framed as though Rex is the only DC who can't figure out what to do with poor CB's?

Which defense gets by with poor CB play? Why is this framed as though Rex is the only DC who can't figure out what to do with poor CB's?

Because it's Rex's concept to get to the QB at the cost of leaving poor-to-middling CBs exposed. Compare what Seattle did with 2-3 DBs deep even though they have one of the best CBs in the NFL. And they got pressure even with Bennett out. Rex is living in the past. His shite ain't working anymore.

The blame goes around.

The defense was once again disappointing last night. When are the coaches at fault?

When is it the players fault? Or are they are just robots being programmed by coaches and if they fail it's because the program was wrong?

Because it's Rex's concept to get to the QB at the cost of leaving poor-to-middling CBs exposed. Compare what Seattle did with 2-3 DBs deep even though they have one of the best CBs in the NFL. And they got pressure even with Bennett out. Rex is living in the past. His shite ain't working anymore.

You didn't answer my question. Which defense gets by with poor CB play like we've had?

When is it the players fault? Or are they are just robots being programmed by coaches and if they fail it's because the program was wrong?

Good luck getting an answer to that one.

You're even less likely to get an acknowledgement that opposing players do good stuff sometimes.

It's always the coaches' fault.

Blows my mind. As a former athlete, it blows. my. mind.

You didn't answer my question. Which defense gets by with poor CB play like we've had?

Good luck getting an answer to that one.

You're even less likely to get an acknowledgement that opposing players do good stuff sometimes.

It's always the coaches' fault.

Blows my mind. As a former athlete, it blows. my. mind.

I understand the frustration with the outcome, but I can't believe people who watched Wilson throw two perfect TD passes to a blanketed Graham (who had to make one handed catches on both!!) will sit there and rail about the coverage even into the next day.

It's just as ridiculous as it was when people ripped Revis for the Goodwin TD which was probably the best throw TT ever made in his life.

I understand the frustration with the outcome, but I can't believe people who watched Wilson throw two perfect TD passes to a blanketed Graham (who had to make one handed catches on both!!) will sit there and rail about the coverage even into the next day.

It's just as ridiculous as it was when people ripped Revis for the Goodwin TD which was probably the best throw TT ever made in his life.

Those two plays put 12 points on the board.

Wilson's duck and chuck that hit Baldwin in stride 50 yards down the field set up another 6.

They made ridiculous plays. And we didn't make as many.

Honestly, the 2 graham TDs and the bomb were great plays. Great throws and catches. You can't cover everything on every play.

If you cover deep stuff, they'll dink and dunk. If you try to prevent the dink/dunk then they can burn you over the top.

When you look at what they did the rest of the way - they couldnt run the ball at all, and most of their passing attack was based on miscommunications on our defense. Graham/baldwin being wide open way too often.

Check the first sentence of my post there bud.

THE BLAME GOES AROUND.

Do the cap locks help?

Not from you it doesn't.

As for caps locks, not necessary. All your posts read that way anyway.

Those two plays put 12 points on the board.

Wilson's duck and chuck that hit Baldwin in stride 50 yards down the field set up another 6.

Yep. People are acting like Wilson threw for 400 yards.

Edited by KD in CA

Honestly, the 2 graham TDs and the bomb were great plays. Great throws and catches. You can't cover everything on every play.

If you cover deep stuff, they'll dink and dunk. If you try to prevent the dink/dunk then they can burn you over the top.

When you look at what they did the rest of the way - they couldnt run the ball at all, and most of their passing attack was based on miscommunications on our defense. Graham/baldwin being wide open way too often.

Then dink n dunk us please. The chances that something will go wrong during the course of a long/slow drive are pretty high. A fumble, a drop, a holding penalty, maybe even a coverage sack or an INT. These long bombs are instant death. And yes, Rex's D is an outlier in the NFL now. It worked with great corners in an age (half a dozen years can be a lifetime in the NFL) when there weren't that many truly remarkable athletes at WR. He doesn't have great corners now. Neither do most teams. But most teams do have great athletic receivers now, which is why you don't see much of the "leave him on an island" anymore. It's a constant process of adaptation, and Rex and Rob are getting left behind.

This, this and this.

We did hold Seattle to like 33 yards rushing, which, while not helping with the final score, is still pretty amazing...

This. The defense was porous early, but was MUCH better in the second half.

Kind of like the pitcher who gives up 5 home runs but says "at least I didn't walk anyone." I'm guessing that the All 22 will show a lot of "8 men in the box" on defense, which certainly helps you stop the running game but leaves you vulnerable to big passing plays.

This, this and this.

We did hold Seattle to like 33 yards rushing, which, while not helping with the final score, is still pretty amazing...

They were great throws.

They weren't 60 yard bombs. The Seahawks were moving the ball at will prior to those throws.

The secondary blows all of a sudden. The front 7 blew last year all of a sudden.

Call me crazy, but I think coaching has something do with the defense struggling.

Ultimately.......it is the fault of Rex Ryan.

The Bills don't have bad CB's..........they are just playing awful and much of that is on the coaching staff.

It could simply be that the least engaged head coach in the NFL wants his defensive players to be the hardest working and most prepared.

The HC sets the tone.

If he's a loaf like Rex.......then he needs to be putting together manageable gameplans.

Wade Phillips is not a coach that lives in the office and he does it just fine..........defense doesn't have to be rocket science but if you expect it to be you need to be working your ass off to break it down so your players can execute it.

It really is odd that the two years previous (2014 & 2015) the defensive secondary wasn't a problem at all and in particular last season in which the CB's looked like the some of the very best in the league!

Yes, folks, it is the coaching and therefore the scheme in which the players are put into that make the difference in their play. Leaving Darby and Gilmore all alone in man coverage sure as hell didn't work in the Jets game, the Patriots game or even against Miami and now in Seattle. You would think that the added run support by the safeties would have a major impact and it did to a degree in some games.

A defense loaded with talent and the best this team can be is below average? Kinda strange that Philly is #6 in points, yards in the league with less talent.