OK, let's do this: Tyrod Taylor

They were check-downs that converted into first downs thanks to a RB making the LB miss a tackle?

You do realize that is the idea of the check down pass

All QBs throw them

Shady didnt pass the ball to himself

There fore he DIDNT do it single handedly

Its interesting to have that take.....A lot of qbs you would consider good actually have pass catchers that do what your describing....playmakers are SUPPOSED to make plays.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what QB doesn't leave plays that were to be made on the field?

They all do at times. Don't know if you saw these from last week, but it applies to TT all too often on a week to week basis.

@Andy_Benoit

A QB could go to the Pro Bowl every year if he made half the throws that Tyrod Taylor leaves out on the field each week.

#Bills #Bengals Film: Taylor no pocket poise early on, moved in a perfect pocket a number of times. Johnson sack was another example.

Film: #Bills pass pro was great, but Taylor obscures that w/ tendency to move when it gets a little late in the down (eve if pocket clean).

Running for his life, are you serious? He has the longest time to throw in the NFL. What are you talking about. He literally has 3.5 seconds on average per passing play to throw the ball. What game are you guys watching where you don't see Taylor count to six mississippi with the ball in his hand?

that line was in our backfield all day, had 10 tackles for losses (shady was 18 carries for 28 yards not counting his 75 yarder). I was at the game and watched the RG & RT on almost every play. they suck. TT has time throw because he himself creates the added time with his legs.

All QBs throw them

Its interesting to have that take.....A lot of qbs you would consider good actually have pass catchers that do what your describing....playmakers are SUPPOSED to make plays.

The endless optimism was fun, I used to envision Hemet as being a town graced with rainbows, unicorns and candy colored roads now I'm pretty sure it's a place where folks go to bicker at eachother for sake of doing so!

All QBs throw them

Exactly. All QB's should be able to check it down. No need to pay someone 19 million to do that.

I thought Taylor played well in the second half, but the inconsistency like you get out of the first half is maddening. He's still not leading players. He still does not throw a quick route to receivers within 5 yards of scrimmage and he doesn't know what a Tight End is. For every one unbelievable highlight reel run (he had a couple this game) he has three or four where he scrambles under phantom pressure to no avail.

I'm more critical of Tyrod that most. You're more supportive than most. The truth lies somewhere in the middle, which to be frankly is still not very good. He's capable of randomly playing at an elite level like the Seattle game, but even then he had a chance to win it and we still lost. I'd like us to continue our QB search. I've seen this guy's ceiling.

If we pay him 19 mill or whatever, which I understand is technically not a huge QB salary, what we're doing is committing for two years to a mostly flawed QB that has reached his full potential.

I guess I'm beating a drum though...even though I'm taking the time to thoroughly explain myself every time it's been asked. It could be worse, I could be one of the guys that just posts, "he sucks."

Just as much?

The Bills lead the NFL in yards rushing per game......AND......yards per carry.

That's a tall order to match. :flirt:

There is a short shelf life on what Tyrod does but it's not as limiting as we tend to think.

Maybe not on a pure stat-for-stat basis, but let's be honest: Brady does as much to make NE's run game effective when needed (and that's certainly less often than Buffalo's run game is needed) as Tyrod does for Buffalo's.

I'm not saying that to marginalize what Tyrod adds to the run game; I'm really only taking exception to the idea that the performance of the running backs and OL should be marginalized based on what Tyrod has done with his legs.

You guys forget Tyrod is a work in progress with any other QB playing on our roster we would have 2 wins at best. What he lacks in some areas he makes up for with his mobility. How many starts does the guy have 20 or so, give me a break. Even manning was not very good his first few years. I guarantee there are 20 other teams that would love to have him on their roster.

You guys forget Tyrod is a work in progress with any other QB playing on our roster we would have 2 wins at best. What he lacks in some areas he makes up for with his mobility. How many starts does the guy have 20 or so, give me a break. Even manning was not very good his first few years. I guarantee there are 20 other teams that would love to have him on their roster.

Soooo, you're comparing Tyrod who has been in the league for years, sat behind a good and Super Bowl caliber QB on a well-run organization, and was the full-time starter last year, with the same NFL Offense and starting Offensive line with a tremendous RB and a couple of good back-ups, to Manning?? A guy who had to sling the ball all over the field his first ROOKIE year, with almost none of the benefit of what I just mentioned? ( in reference to Peyton, not Eli)....that, might be as far fetched an analogy as I've ever seen....the failure in comparisons between the two are too long to mention, so I'll just leave this with....HUH?

username checks out.

Edited by fridge

A Big game and victory against the Raiders will shut up the babies crying about Tyrod on the is board. :thumbsup:

If honest criticism is "crying" then aren't we all guilty at some point?? As for "babies", that only reflects on emotional maturity and it would seem those who cannot handle the criticism are more like the little children in your scenario than the people simply believing a better pocket passer could be doing a better job with the Offense....did it get the job done with Jax? Yes...but that doesn't mean you "settle", it means you accept the Win and keep looking for ways to improve and Tyrod has shown his true colors: gifted athlete, hard worker, hell of an arm...but not a long-term NFL QB that can produce with his QB abilities alone.

If honest criticism is "crying" then aren't we all guilty at some point?? As for "babies", that only reflects on emotional maturity and it would seem those who cannot handle the criticism are more like the little children in your scenario than the people simply believing a better pocket passer could be doing a better job with the Offense....did it get the job done with Jax? Yes...but that doesn't mean you "settle", it means you accept the Win and keep looking for ways to improve and Tyrod has shown his true colors: gifted athlete, hard worker, hell of an arm...but not a long-term NFL QB that can produce with his QB abilities alone.

In the middle of the season there are no options to improve this position. So all of this pissing and moaning is just that. Right now Tyrod is the QB. Most likely next year too. However instead of having a discussion about a hard fought win we are talking about a "problem" that can't be fixed. Right now on the top of the board 1 of the top 13 posts are about the Raiders game (how much Khalil Mack will own the Bills) and 3 are about Tyrod. What are the Bills to do to improve the position today. Some people want EJ to start ( :rolleyes: from an EJ guy too), some want Cardale to start ( :rolleyes::rolleyes: directed to the people who think the 4th round project will play better - and again I am excited about his potential).

There is no "settling" he is the best option at QB for the Bills right now and for the rest of the season. The Bills are staring a HUGE game down and all anyone wants to talk about it Tyrod???

There is no "settling" he is the best option at QB for the Bills right now and for the rest of the season. The Bills are staring a HUGE game down and all anyone wants to talk about it Tyrod???

It may be because we know he's going to have to be the catalyst of a win this week. Carr's gunning the ball all over the place, against all kinds of defenses.

In the middle of the season there are no options to improve this position. So all of this pissing and moaning is just that. Right now Tyrod is the QB. Most likely next year too. However instead of having a discussion about a hard fought win we are talking about a "problem" that can't be fixed. Right now on the top of the board 1 of the top 13 posts are about the Raiders game (how much Khalil Mack will own the Bills) and 3 are about Tyrod. What are the Bills to do to improve the position today. Some people want EJ to start ( :rolleyes: from an EJ guy too), some want Cardale to start ( :rolleyes::rolleyes: directed to the people who think the 4th round project will play better - and again I am excited about his potential).

It's not "all" anyone wants to talk about, as we are capable of having several discussions at once. However, to the point of the Raiders game, if the BILLS had a legit pocket-passing, NFL-Defense-reading QB, I believe the BILLS would be 8-3 at worst and feeling very good about the BILLS facing a tough opponent. Instead I'm left to ponder the "what ifs"...

Running for his life, are you serious? He has the longest time to throw in the NFL. What are you talking about. He literally has 3.5 seconds on average per passing play to throw the ball. What game are you guys watching where you don't see Taylor count to six mississippi with the ball in his hand?

This idea that Hotrod HAS to run due to bad blocking is crazy. Our OLine is playing very well IMHO. We're numero uno in running which obviously means they're blocking well for that. They often create great pockets and give Hotrod time to throw. Often when running, he has a clean pocket but decides to run anyway. Sometimes protection breaks down due to Hotrod holding onto it too long.

We has won 14 out of his 25 starts. Better than many QBs we've had, but it's still only .560 which ain't gonna cut it.

It's a mixed bag. The making plays part is great. But he is leaving a lot of plays out there as well.

Just win baby (especially this Sunday) :)

It may be because we know he's going to have to be the catalyst of a win this week. Carr's gunning the ball all over the place, against all kinds of defenses.

You and I both know that isn't how this conversation has been phrased. This game will tell us all a lot about the entirety of the Bills not just the QB. The Raiders have been aggressive and lucky but compiled a record of 9-2. This is a very good team and I can't wait to see how the Bills stack up against them.

On a side note for as bad as everyone thinks Tyrod has been, Oakland is only scoring 2.4 ppg more than the Bills. Oakland's defense is giving up 3.5 more ppg than the Bills. Maybe Oakland can be knocked off!

This should be an interesting game and has huge playoff implications for the Bills, too many people have already thrown in the towel.

In the middle of the season, there are no options to fix anything. So stop talking coaching, defense, special teams, QB, OL, WR, offense in general, drafting, ownership, Sabres, Jack Eichel, Dak Prescott, your wife who hates you on Sundays, your boss who is making you work Christmas eve, your kids who don't call you anymore, your crippling spiral into self-doubt because you don't have enough money for retirement, okay?

All of that pissing and moaning is useless! Just don't say anything.