OK, let's do this: Tyrod Taylor

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts entirely. A QB probably should be judged more on the throws he doesn't make, rather than he ones he does.

I used to fall into that trap with college QBs. I tended to be drawn to the pass being accurate than if he passed up a more aggressive alternative.

Gotta see the field, trust in the read, and then let it rip while maintaining composure in the pocket. All things we don't see from TT often enough.

Why are so many folks like Benoit rehashing this on a week to week basis? This is who Tyrod is. The discussions would be better served if they did some comparisons to a replacement level QB who would cost the Bills much less $ next season. That would be more informative and make for better conversation but I suppose that would require some of these guys to do more than the obvious "TT is not a pure pocket passer"

Why I can't watch the games with people. Apparently "STOP STEPPING OUT OF CLEAN POCKETS!!!" gets annoying after a while.

TT has the same amount of pocket presence as EJ, both of them bail to often and are haunted by phantom pressures. TT just does more once he decides to move. I try not to yell at the TV anymore it's more enjoyable to just hope he pulls off a miracle play than doing anything well consistently.

Why I can't watch the games with people. Apparently "STOP STEPPING OUT OF CLEAN POCKETS!!!" gets annoying after a while.

Haha... luckily I live alone... but I think my neighbours know that there is a human name Tyrod Taylor and that he bails out of clean pockets. It probably means nothing to them.... but I might mention it quite loudly from time to time....

Haha... luckily I live alone... but I think my neighbours know that there is a human name Tyrod Taylor and that he bails out of clean pockets. It probably means nothing to them.... but I might mention it quite loudly from time to time....

I'm trying to come to terms with him being flawed. Wanting him to be better won't make him. As Commonsense said, kinda have to hope that the seat-of-his-pants stuff comes off.

At this point, constantly stressing and arguing over him being flawed is detrimental. Rex loves him, Rex is staying, Tyrod is staying. We're semi-doomed for the long term. Probably best if I check out now :D

I'm trying to come to terms with him being flawed. Wanting him to be better won't make him. As Commonsense said, kinda have to hope that the seat-of-his-pants stuff comes off.

At this point, constantly stressing and arguing over him being flawed is detrimental. Rex loves him, Rex is staying, Tyrod is staying. We're semi-doomed for the long term. Probably best if I check out now :D

Bahahaha exactly this. Another year of the same! I'm debating picking up TT for fantasy this week, Luck is out with a concussion and only decent options are TT, Kap, Tanny... In a must win game!!

Save me TT!? Yikes

Bahahaha exactly this. Another year of the same! I'm debating picking up TT for fantasy this week, Luck is out with a concussion and only decent options are TT, Kap, Tanny... In a must win game!!

Save me TT!? Yikes

Jags are a weird matchup. 5th best YPG and YPA in the air. INT rate is woeful, sack rate is middle of the pack. Giving up 26.5 points per game but 6th in 1st downs allowed and 9th in RZ defense.

Jags are a weird matchup. 5th best YPG and YPA in the air. INT rate is woeful, sack rate is middle of the pack. Giving up 26.5 points per game but 6th in 1st downs allowed and 9th in RZ defense.

Their secondary scares me because of our injuries at WR, it could be a tough day but I'm not sure that matters because what TT does. His numbers usually come from broken/extended plays and his legs. I'm pretty sure I'm screwed either way, so I'm leaning towards TT for entertainment sakes.

Makes you wonder how we score all those points?

touchdowns

Chimes with what I saw though.

What everybody saw, this game and others. He bails out of a clean pocket. At times he could simply step up and make a throw, others all he has to do is sit tight. He simply cannot do that (sit tight). The only conclusions I can come up with are that he is either unable or unwilling to read the field and make a quick decision.