OK, let's do this: Tyrod Taylor

He's late because he's afraid of picks. Can't get intercepted if you don't throw.

They may be telling him to play very conservative. We all see the hesitancy to take risks. The question is, is that because he's more interested in good stats or coaching giving that direction?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They may be telling him to play very conservative. We all see the hesitancy to take risks. The question is, is that because he's more interested in good stats or coaching giving that direction?

This is the excuse that seemingly every crappy QB gets right before his career ends. See: Trentative, EJ.

This is why I find Tyrod so maddening. Late late late on this throw with no good reason for it. :cry:

@NickVeronica

Charles Clay looks pretty open here. I'm sure there's a reason Tyrod waited so long to throw it to him. ... Oh.

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CyXhiuwUQAAVy5Y.mp4

this reminds me of the why your team sucks where someone wrote in about Buffalo fans sitting on message boards dissecting plays like they have any idea what they're talking about.

How do you know that O'Leary wasn't his first read? And by the time the cross happens and he looks back to Clay the coverage is already closing in? You don't. And that's exacerbated by the fact that it's a 30-yard throw. He most likely released when he moved from O'Leary to Clay and has a 1.5 second window.

Which you can't tell any of this because they SHOW THE PLAYS SEPARATELY.

Edited by quinnearlysghost88

Of course that's true, but the implication that the run game is inflated by his rushing totals is patently false.

The corollary, of course, is that a consistent pocket passer that can hurt teams with his intermediate game would do just as much good for the run game as a QB that can run.

Just as much?

The Bills lead the NFL in yards rushing per game......AND......yards per carry.

That's a tall order to match. :flirt:

There is a short shelf life on what Tyrod does but it's not as limiting as we tend to think.

this reminds me of the why your team sucks where someone wrote in about Buffalo fans sitting on message boards dissecting plays like they have any idea what they're talking about.

How do you know that O'Leary wasn't his first read? And by the time the cross happens and he looks back to Clay the coverage is already closing in? You don't. And that's exacerbated by the fact that it's a 30-yard throw. He most likely released when he moved from O'Leary to Clay and has a 1.5 second window.

It's just one example of many. I think that's what the poster is getting at not so much dissecting this particular play.

Regardless of who his 1st read was there's no reason for him to stand in a clean pocket and hesitate to make a throw. More excuses.

Regardless of who his 1st read was there's no reason for him to stand in a clean pocket and hesitate to make a throw. More excuses.

Yeah, it's the OCs fault for running 20 yard crossing patterns with two non-pass-catching TEs who benefit from 1.0 second of separate because of the zone coverage.

Him bouncing in the pocket is waiting for the TEs to run 20 yards down the field from a three point stance and then get across to the opposite side of the field. It's bad playcalling from a RB coach.

But people still want to put full blame on TT for performance after he's been decimated at WR and is on his second OC this year. It's amazing.

Edited by quinnearlysghost88

Yeah, it's the OCs fault for running 20 yard crossing patterns with two non-pass-catching TEs who benefit from 1.0 second of separate because of the zone coverage.

It's called timing and anticipation. Tyrod possesses neither in abundance or even at a level sufficient to be a good QB at the NFL level which is exactly why he's late on so many throws. More excuses.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

It's called timing and anticipation. Tyrod possesses neither in abundance or even at a level sufficient to be a good QB at the NFL level which is exactly why he's late on so many throws. More excuses.

The QB completed 66% of his passes to 7 different receivers, threw for a TD, ran for a TD and had a QB rating of 115. The Offense had 4 TD drives and again raised their season PPG to new heights. They were 3/3 in the Red Zone.

The QB completed 66% of his passes to 7 different receivers, threw for a TD, ran for a TD and had a QB rating of 115. The Offense had 4 TD drives and again raised their season PPG to new heights. They were 3/3 in the Red Zone.

How lovely. Doesn't mean he didn't leave plays that were there to be made on the field.

Tyrod appeared to have more potential last year in part I think because the deep ball threat really further opened up some of the intermediate stuff. He appeared more accurate in terms of ball placement last year......albeit still throwing to a lot of stationary targets.

The respect for the deep ball hasn't been there this year and I think we are seeing more regular "open" looks than the "college open" looks he had last year. The pitch and catch had a different cadence to it last year. He was sticking a lot of those sideline throws that are getting away this year etc..

Keep banging that drum...

We were losing 7-6 at the half to Jacksonville, at home. We started the game with back-to-back three-and-outs, and the only reason we ended up scoring at all in the first half was a tremendous punt return. We got the ball at half, and scored on the first rushing play. Tyrod was abysmal at that point in the game, yet led 13-7. I am really amazed that you watched that game and came away thinking that the QB excelled. He did enough to win it, and I really liked the throw to Hunter towards the end, but he was mostly below average all game long.

Stats you carefully omitted:

166 total passing yards (less than 40 at the half)

5/12 on 3rd downs

7 passing first downs all game (three were dump offs that McCoy single-handedly got)

all while running for his life because the RG & RT are way below average

Keep banging that drum...

We were losing 7-6 at the half to Jacksonville, at home. We started the game with back-to-back three-and-outs, and the only reason we ended up scoring at all in the first half was a tremendous punt return. We got the ball at half, and scored on the first rushing play. Tyrod was abysmal at that point in the game, yet led 13-7. I am really amazed that you watched that game and came away thinking that the QB excelled. He did enough to win it, and I really liked the throw to Hunter towards the end, but he was mostly below average all game long.

Stats you carefully omitted:

166 total passing yards (less than 40 at the half)

5/12 on 3rd downs

7 passing first downs all game (three were dump offs that McCoy single-handedly got)

Could you explain what this means exactly?

all while running for his life because the RG & RT are way below average

Running for his life, are you serious? He has the longest time to throw in the NFL. What are you talking about. He literally has 3.5 seconds on average per passing play to throw the ball. What game are you guys watching where you don't see Taylor count to six mississippi with the ball in his hand?