OK, let's do this: Tyrod Taylor

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its so exhausting seeing the Bills put up points on the board at record rates. So. !@#$ing. Exhausting.

6-5. On the outside looking in

Week 1 = poop

Week 7 = poop

Week 8 = poop

Week 11 = poop

Any poop left for the playoff run ? Or is the qb done pooping his pants ?

Big ups to Mike Nugent and that ref who threw the PI Flag for keeping us mathematically alive.

Halfrod left us out to die by the hand of Dalton for the nail in the playoff coffin over and over. Only a madman would want to see more of this in 2017.

Failing to get 200 yards while getting blasted by Brady is the #1 dump of the season, I rank it higher than week 1's movement

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Week 1 = poop

Week 7 = poop

Week 8 = poop

Week 11 = poop

Big ups to Mike Nugent and that ref who threw the PI Flag for keeping us mathematically alive.

Halfrod left us out to die by the hand of Dalton for the nail in the playoff coffin over and over. Only a madman would want to see more of this in 2017.

Failing to get 200 yards while getting blasted by Brady is the #1 dump of the season, I rank it higher than week 1's movement

8/11 games vs top 15 defenses. 8th in NFL in scoring. No WR corps all season basically.

Irony is that if we didnt have a top scoring offense points would be the main argument you and other users would spew on here 24/7:

"Yards are nice but you have to score".

"You have to score in the red zone"

"You have to stop throwing critical INTs".

"At the end of the day the QB has to shoulder the blame for not scoring"

All BS you would spew on here 24/7 if the above was actually occurring. Instead youre relegating to complaining about style points and yards. Lmfao. Go run along child.

8/11 games vs top 15 defenses. 8th in NFL in scoring. No WR corps all season basically.

Irony is that if we didnt have a top scoring offense points would be the main argument you and other users would spew on here 24/7:

"Yards are nice but you have to score".

"You have to score in the red zone"

"You have to stop throwing critical INTs".

"At the end of the day the QB has to shoulder the blame for not scoring"

All BS you would spew on here 24/7 if the above was actually occurring. Instead youre relegating to complaining about style points and yards. Lmfao. Go run along child.

6-5. 32nd ranked passing game.

Sorry you're emotional that he's holding this team back. Weren't you emotional over fitz too ?

I root for the bills not one player. He is the weak link, hopefully we upgrade in the draft

Ryan. In another thread on here you say Cam Newton is top 5 QB in the NFL. Look at his numbers vs Tyrod this season. Keep crusading. At least be consistent with your BS.

Tyrod is way way better than Cam. If Cam was our qb our record would be way worse. Zoinks !

Andy Benoit ‏@Andy_Benoit

A QB could go to the Pro Bowl every year if he made half the throws that Tyrod Taylor leaves out on the field each week.

Bye Felicia.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Week 1 = poop

Week 7 = poop

Week 8 = poop

Week 11 = poop

What I see is this: career 13-11 now as a starter.

Doesn't make horrible mistakes that lose games. (Remember EJ in London last year? When is the last time Tyrod threw a Pick 6?) Appears that he doesn't see the middle of the field well, but even if he does (really, how do we know what he's seeing/not seeing) is extremely hesitant to throw over the middle because there's more of a chance of an interception by doing so. Uses his speed and elusiveness to provide another big play threat. Nice touch on long passes, but poor in anticipating/leading a receiver on shorter passes so he doesn't hit them in stride with to provide opportunities for big YAC.

Does anyone disagree with any of this? It's an unorthodox profile for an NFL starter in the NFL of the last decade or two. I put up a post in the offseason, something like "Who Does Tyrod Play Like." I had to go all the way back to the 1990s for my best comparison, Jeff Blake of the Bengals in his prime. Some people said Kordell Stewart. I think I heard a Mike Vick or two. Those guys can take you to the playoffs (well, Blake didn't, but still ...), but probably not to a conference championship. I think that's what we have in Tyrod. Ultimately Cincy wasn't satisfied with that. Neither was Pittsburgh. I imagine that'll be the case here too. Maybe you keep Tyrod, the defense improves, a few balls bounce your way, you win a playoff game or two over the course of his contract. Are you happy with that after 16 years of no playoffs? Some are, some aren't. I guess I'm just not understanding the endless debates since I don't think I've said anything here that 95% of knowledgeable TSW posters can't agree with ...

6-5. 32nd ranked passing game.

Sorry you're emotional that he's holding this team back. Weren't you emotional over fitz too ?

I root for the bills not one player. He is the weak link, hopefully we upgrade in the draft

Tyrod is way way better than Cam. If Cam was our qb our record would be way worse. Zoinks !

Andy Benoit ‏@Andy_Benoit

A QB could go to the Pro Bowl every year if he made half the throws that Tyrod Taylor leaves out on the field each week.

Bye Felicia.

haha! i literally laughed at the Felicia comment.

Listen man we're both Bills fans at the end of the day. I enjoy a little debate as much as anyone but this is reaching an all-time high in terms of nonsense on this board with the anti-TT crowd. And i think I've figured out why. Why are the crusaders so fired up about TT? Because of the following:

2016 Bills score the most points for the franchise since the 1992 Bills through 11 games.

2015/2016 Bills are top 10 in points scored over the past 27 games in the NFL. 27 GAMES.

2016 Bills are 8th in the NFL in points scored.

All this has been achieved with either Sammy or Shady, or both, being out of the lineup completely in 11 of the 27 games. That's over 40% of the games.

And yet we're still in the top 10 in scoring, and this is where the crusaders lose their mind. Bc they can't reconcile that FACT. How can TT suck so much like we say he does, yet here we are setting records? How can the #1 WR and/or #1 RB be gone for 40% of those 27 games and yet we're still top 10?! That's where the crusaders lose their sh*t - because they CAN'T reconcile their perceived realities with the ACTUAL reality. So what do the crusaders resort to? Eh, forget about points, 3rd down conversions and yards is what we care about. That's what we'll spend thousands of posts arguing about. They stay up at night thinking of the 1001010 ways TT "missed" an open WR on their all-22 video without having the slightest clue of what the actual progression of that play was.

The crusaders are pissed. The crusaders can't sleep at night b/c for Christ's Sake we have THE 8TH SCORING OFFENSE AND THEY CAN'T CELEBRATE. They picked a side and they now have to stick with it to save face. I'd be crusading too if I couldn't even enjoy my team's success on the offensive side. Success that hasn't been seen around these parts in a quarter of a century.

It's really pathetic actually. Sad and pathetic. But I have love for all of you. When you hop back on that bandwagon, we won't forget the crusaders that jumped off.

:wub::P:wub:

Edited by bobobonators

What I see is this: career 13-11 now as a starter.

Doesn't make horrible mistakes that lose games. (Remember EJ in London last year? When is the last time Tyrod threw a Pick 6?) Appears that he doesn't see the middle of the field well, but even if he does (really, how do we know what he's seeing/not seeing) is extremely hesitant to throw over the middle because there's more of a chance of an interception by doing so. Uses his speed and elusiveness to provide another big play threat. Nice touch on long passes, but poor in anticipating/leading a receiver on shorter passes so he doesn't hit them in stride with to provide opportunities for big YAC.

Does anyone disagree with any of this? It's an unorthodox profile for an NFL starter in the NFL of the last decade or two. I put up a post in the offseason, something like "Who Does Tyrod Play Like." I had to go all the way back to the 1990s for my best comparison, Jeff Blake of the Bengals in his prime. Some people said Kordell Stewart. I think I heard a Mike Vick or two. Those guys can take you to the playoffs (well, Blake didn't, but still ...), but probably not to a conference championship. I think that's what we have in Tyrod. Ultimately Cincy wasn't satisfied with that. Neither was Pittsburgh. I imagine that'll be the case here too. Maybe you keep Tyrod, the defense improves, a few balls bounce your way, you win a playoff game or two over the course of his contract. Are you happy with that after 16 years of no playoffs? Some are, some aren't. I guess I'm just not understanding the endless debates since I don't think I've said anything here that 95% of knowledgeable TSW posters can't agree with ...

The problem with all of this is we have not seen our starting O on the field all year.....there will be a player here and and then out....a player there and then out

Taylor

Watkins

Woods

Harvin

McCoy

these players have practically NEVER been on the field at one time.

How do you evaluate that? I am quite sure the bills coaches sit in coaching meetings and talk about all this.....and there will be someone in that meeting that will pop up with "TT does a good job with what he has"....and he DOES....9th in the NFL is offensive points.

Is he missing pass catchers on the field in games? Maybe? Do fans realize that ALL QBs do this?

Folks just need to calm down a tick and realize that for every Dak Prescott......there are like FIVE qbs that flame out.....it doesnt mean you dont keep trying to improve at the QB position....just be happen your offense is not horrible right now

The problem with all of this is we have not seen our starting O on the field all year.....there will be a player here and and then out....a player there and then out

Taylor

Watkins

Woods

Harvin

McCoy

these players have practically NEVER been on the field at one time.

How do you evaluate that? I am quite sure the bills coaches sit in coaching meetings and talk about all this.....and there will be someone in that meeting that will pop up with "TT does a good job with what he has"....and he DOES....9th in the NFL is offensive points.

Is he missing pass catchers on the field in games? Maybe? Do fans realize that ALL QBs do this?

Folks just need to calm down a tick and realize that for every Dak Prescott......there are like FIVE qbs that flame out.....it doesnt mean you dont keep trying to improve at the QB position....just be happen your offense is not horrible right now

Do all QB's do it at the same rate or as egregiously as Tyrod? No. Edited by jmc12290

haha! i literally laughed at the Felicia comment.

Listen man we're both Bills fans at the end of the day. I enjoy a little debate as much as anyone but this is reaching an all-time high in terms of nonsense on this board with the anti-TT crowd. And i think I've figured out why. Why are the crusaders so fired up about TT? Because of the following:

2016 Bills score the most points for the franchise since the 1992 Bills through 11 games.

2015/2016 Bills are top 10 in points scored over the past 27 games in the NFL. 27 GAMES.

2016 Bills are 8th in the NFL in points scored.

All this has been achieved with either Sammy or Shady, or both, being out of the lineup completely in 11 of the 27 games. That's over 40% of the games.

And yet we're still in the top 10 in scoring, and this is where the crusaders lose their mind. Bc they can't reconcile that FACT. How can TT suck so much like we say he does, yet here we are setting records? How can the #1 WR and/or #1 RB be gone for 40% of those 27 games and yet we're still top 10?! That's where the crusaders lose their sh*t - because they CAN'T reconcile their perceived realities with the ACTUAL reality. So what do the crusaders resort to? Eh, forget about points, 3rd down conversions and yards is what we care about. That's what we'll spend thousands of posts arguing about. They stay up at night thinking of the 1001010 ways TT "missed" an open WR on their all-22 video without having the slightest clue of what the actual progression of that play was.

The crusaders are pissed. The crusaders can't sleep at night b/c for Christ's Sake we have THE 8TH SCORING OFFENSE AND THEY CAN'T CELEBRATE. They picked a side and they now have to stick with it to save face. I'd be crusading too if I couldn't even enjoy my team's success on the offensive side. Success that hasn't been seen around these parts in a quarter of a century.

It's really pathetic actually. Sad and pathetic. But I have love for all of you. When you hop back on that bandwagon, we won't forget the crusaders that jumped off.

:wub::P:wub:

LeSean McCoy says hi