OK, let's do this: Tyrod Taylor

Is anticipatory throwing not something that can be coached and improved? It seems like they could drill it into you. Force him to make these throws over and over in practice. Throw to covered recievers and try to "throw them open". If Tyrod could improve on that aspect he could be kind of special. But just not sure if it's possible.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ones who rail against Tyrod thread after thread were/are unsurprisingly team EJ. They need their turn to drive a QB out of town.

I can't speak for all posters who find fault with parts of Hotrod's game, but I like a lot of what he is doing but would like to see him improve on some of his weak spots. I don't wan to run anyone out of town, i just waNt playoffs.

Is anticipatory throwing not something that can be coached and improved? It seems like they could drill it into you. Force him to make these throws over and over in practice. Throw to covered recievers and try to "throw them open". If Tyrod could improve on that aspect he could be kind of special. But just not sure if it's possible.

Great question.

Ive written a few posts today about David Lee and QB coaching, but have deleted before posting because I can't seem to find exactly what I want to say... but I agree.

You would think that, after all of these weeks, a competent QB coach would have him making these throws. At least a couple a game where he throws with anticipation.

It makes me wonder if Lee is coaching him to be conservative and slow on purpose.

It's either that or Lee is completely incompetent (which is definitely a possibility).

Yeah, it's the OCs fault for running 20 yard crossing patterns with two non-pass-catching TEs who benefit from 1.0 second of separate because of the zone coverage.

Him bouncing in the pocket is waiting for the TEs to run 20 yards down the field from a three point stance and then get across to the opposite side of the field. It's bad playcalling from a RB coach.

But people still want to put full blame on TT for performance after he's been decimated at WR and is on his second OC this year. It's amazing.

Ooh another smart person that knows "film watching" enough to know that it still isn't "film study" unless you know the call and read order, which we as fans will never know. refreshing...

Ooh another smart person that knows "film watching" enough to know that it still isn't "film study" unless you know the call and read order, which we as fans will never know. refreshing...

maybe just be able to see the TE and the QB at the same time.

anyone who decides that they know that Tyrod missed that throw to Clay by simply watching the video is lying to themselves. watch the film of tyrod dropping back. when he reaches the end of his drop those TEs are at the 25-27 yard line TOPS, they don't cross until the 35, and Clay isn't open until he hits the 40. So he's sitting back there waiting while they lumber another 15+ yards (it's across the field).

you only need eyes to figure that out.

furthermore, go show me some patriot TE 30-yard routes from off the line. it's low-percentage garbage playcalling.

Edited by quinnearlysghost88

The ones who rail against Tyrod thread after thread were/are unsurprisingly team EJ. They need their turn to drive a QB out of town.

He's still 28th in passing. Stop making excuses for why people don't like the ineffective qb.

You like him, wonderful. Don't tell others what to think.

How lovely. Doesn't mean he didn't leave plays that were there to be made on the field.

Wow, left plays on the field. They should cut him for that alone. Unheard of.

You're right. The stats I listed are meaningless against such a powerful counter-argument.

Keep banging that drum...

We were losing 7-6 at the half to Jacksonville, at home. We started the game with back-to-back three-and-outs, and the only reason we ended up scoring at all in the first half was a tremendous punt return. We got the ball at half, and scored on the first rushing play. Tyrod was abysmal at that point in the game, yet led 13-7. I am really amazed that you watched that game and came away thinking that the QB excelled. He did enough to win it, and I really liked the throw to Hunter towards the end, but he was mostly below average all game long.

Stats you carefully omitted:

166 total passing yards (less than 40 at the half)

5/12 on 3rd downs

7 passing first downs all game (three were dump offs that McCoy single-handedly got)

You're right. I only listed the stats that mattered.

The number of passing yards is clearly meaningless. He threw 18 passes. They scored 4 times.

The 3rd down conversion rate wasn't purely on his performance, and really didn't matter at all. Ditto how many 1st downs were from passing (even less important what type of passes they were).

The team scored 4 TDs.

Another QB completed 70% of his passes, only 195 yards, only converted 50% of 3rd downs and only 1 passing TD. I bet there aren't many bumpkins over there moaning about how bad Dak Prescott played on Thurdsay though..

He's late because he's afraid of picks. Can't get intercepted if you don't throw.

Doesn't trust his eyes.

I almost wonder if there is something to these quotes. Because, if there isn't he will probably be a career back-up. I've been saying forever that I think his CPU speed is just too slow. He's comprehending what is happening downfield WAY too slowly. A huge flaw for a very gifted athlete and solid leader. I really like the kid and want to see the game slow down for him but man its maddening every Sunday. Problem is, who do you replace him with ?

You're right. The stats I listed are meaningless against such a powerful counter-argument.

The number of passing yards is clearly meaningless. He threw 18 passes. They scored 4 times.

The 3rd down conversion rate wasn't purely on his performance, and really didn't matter at all. Ditto how many 1st downs were from passing (even less important what type of passes they were).

The team scored 4 TDs.

Another QB completed 70% of his passes, only 195 yards, only converted 50% of 3rd downs and only 1 passing TD. I bet there aren't many bumpkins over there moaning about how bad Dak Prescott played on Thurdsay though..

I'd call you our resident contrarian, but you're bound to just disagree with me.

The team scored 4 TDs.

The stats you listed included a TD set up by Tate's excellent PR and a 75 yard TD run by Shady. Whoopty FN Doo.

The team scored 4 TDs.

Since when does "throwing to 7 different receivers" matter more than third down % and passing yards?

The stats you listed included a TD set up by Tate's excellent PR and a 75 yard TD run by Shady. Whoopty FN Doo.

You're right. That TD shouldn't have even counted. The Bills should have given it back because they hardly worked for it, unlike a REAL drive, which leads to a legit TD!.

I gotta say, few here double down like you do. "Whoopty FN Doo" is a stone cold mic drop.

Since when does "throwing to 7 different receivers" matter more than third down % and passing yards?

The 3rd down % proved unimportant (clearly) as did the total number of yards (how many should he have had on 18 attempts?).

Spreading the ball around to a lot of receivers is never a bad showing. Nor is 80 yards to your #1.

I'd call you our resident contrarian, but you're bound to just disagree with me.

What's contrarian about exposing BS? You flatter yourself and the rest who are on the slow side of this debate.

So weo likes one of the Buffalo Bills ? Stop the presses.

Did he like Tyrod after the Miami/Cinci/2nd pats game/Ravens games too?

Replace him with who? Who is sitting around that would be better?

The right rookie

This is why I find Tyrod so maddening. Late late late on this throw with no good reason for it. :cry:

@NickVeronica

Charles Clay looks pretty open here. I'm sure there's a reason Tyrod waited so long to throw it to him. ... Oh.

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CyXhiuwUQAAVy5Y.mp4

Perfect example of not wanting to throw the middle of the field instead he hitches and hitches until clay is at the numbers on the other side of the field. But that time it is tooo late.