To the Posters of TSW, I apologize

MAJBobby

I wanted to put together a thread not to get in the good graces of Mods or anything and not to keep myself from getting banned or anything like that. But I have looked at some of the things I have posting and I have crossed the line with calling other posters out and such.

I will not apologize for the actual content I post, as that is what a message board is for. But I wanted to let the posters know here were I am coming from. I think of myself as very knowledgeable and try to learn more everyday. I also know there are new fans or fans that don't really know what to look at when breaking down a player or play and they want to learn. So that is why I post the way that I post. For the most part my posts are not often reported or "facts" (how people look at facts). Instead it is my opinion of a specific play or player based off my years of playing and studying the sport.

I learn something knew from posters all the time. Example advanced stats, I don't have that kind of mind, so when people post about it, it interests me to learn more, and alot of times these advanced stats are in direct contradiction to what I am seeing. However all numbers can be manipulated to get a desired outcome. Either way I am rambling now so I will continue.

So to the big contention Tyrod Taylor, I know that I make alot of people upset with what I say, and even call it crusading, I apologize if it comes off like that, the reality though it I tend to get into conversations and respond directly to comments I take issue with, so it comes off as I post the same thing over and over again. That is my fault and lack of Message Board etiquette, I know I should only respond one time, I know that everyone can read what I post, just sometimes I get lost in the conversation so it seems like I am bullying or pushing or whatever you want to call it. That is not my intent I am just having a conversation and get lost. Believe me I would love to be critical of him or any player because that means we are winning and set at the position, but lets face it, QB is the most important position on the football field and that position always sparks the most debate and conversation over any other position on the football field.

Well in closing, I will continue to post here, I might take a break from QB conversations (no promise though), and though I do not apologize with my views, my breakdowns etc., I do apologize to the posters on this board for how I have come across at times. I can make one promise I will try to come across better when I post in the future. Ok that is all

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We've all been there. You have good insights, and I hope you keep sharing them in a toned down way

As my fellow Soldiers always say I have the brute force and ignorance part done, I have to learn the political approach lol

It would be so boring here if we were all on the same page. Every yin needs a yang. Every Sully needs a Murphy.

Sometimes I feel I have to be more positive than I want to be just 'cuz there is so much negativity. The good thing with you is that there is thought and analysis, not just frustration & anger.

Go BILLS!

My father in law is a really great guy who has a lot of really great sayings. I'd like to think that they are all his, but I'm sure he collected many of them throughout his life.

One of my favorites is: "all statements are read at their highest threat level."

I try to keep that in mind when I'm posting here, or writing emails, etc.

My father in law is a really great guy who has a lot of really great sayings. I'd like to think that they are all his, but I'm sure he collected many of them throughout his life.

One of my favorites is: "all statements are read at their highest threat level."

I try to keep that in mind when I'm posting here, or writing emails, etc.

Good advice. I know when I send work emails when I am upset or correcting something or whatever I have learned to write it, save it as a draft, step away for a bit, come back and read it again before sending it. Seems to have helped with the delivery LOL

I wanted to put together a thread not to get in the good graces of Mods or anything and not to keep myself from getting banned or anything like that. But I have looked at some of the things I have posting and I have crossed the line with calling other posters out and such.

Well in closing, I will continue to post here, I might take a break from QB conversations (no promise though), and though I do not apologize with my views, my breakdowns etc., I do apologize to the posters on this board for how I have come across at times. I can make one promise I will try to come across better when I post in the future. Ok that is all

We can all grow and learn and do better. Takes a big man to acknowledge that though. Cheers!

I'll say this, while I don't recall anything specific or especially egregious - kudos to you for taking the public approach to being aware that we are all human and make mistakes from time to time - it adds to the general amiability of the board. Thanks for that .....