To the Posters of TSW, I apologize

MAJBobby

Bobby,

This is obviously between us more then it is the rest of the board as I took the most offense (and I apologize for going over the line and being so uptight about it to.....it is a message board and everyone does have the right to have and post their opinions)

We dont agree on Tyrod Taylor.....it still doesnt mean I dont find you a educated poster and have said that many times.

My opinions are not perfect either.....I am a former college player and have coached to some degree at the lower college level (meanwhile still finding 10 years to serve my country as you do)....and it STILL does not make me right all time and i also learn new things every day.....the game changes but it stays the same you know what I mean?

P.S. the ignore function on this board does not work anyway......:)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to put together a thread not to get in the good graces of Mods or anything and not to keep myself from getting banned or anything like that. But I have looked at some of the things I have posting and I have crossed the line with calling other posters out and such.

I will not apologize for the actual content I post, as that is what a message board is for. But I wanted to let the posters know here were I am coming from. I think of myself as very knowledgeable and try to learn more everyday. I also know there are new fans or fans that don't really know what to look at when breaking down a player or play and they want to learn. So that is why I post the way that I post. For the most part my posts are not often reported or "facts" (how people look at facts). Instead it is my opinion of a specific play or player based off my years of playing and studying the sport.

I learn something knew from posters all the time. Example advanced stats, I don't have that kind of mind, so when people post about it, it interests me to learn more, and alot of times these advanced stats are in direct contradiction to what I am seeing. However all numbers can be manipulated to get a desired outcome. Either way I am rambling now so I will continue.

So to the big contention Tyrod Taylor, I know that I make alot of people upset with what I say, and even call it crusading, I apologize if it comes off like that, the reality though it I tend to get into conversations and respond directly to comments I take issue with, so it comes off as I post the same thing over and over again. That is my fault and lack of Message Board etiquette, I know I should only respond one time, I know that everyone can read what I post, just sometimes I get lost in the conversation so it seems like I am bullying or pushing or whatever you want to call it. That is not my intent I am just having a conversation and get lost. Believe me I would love to be critical of him or any player because that means we are winning and set at the position, but lets face it, QB is the most important position on the football field and that position always sparks the most debate and conversation over any other position on the football field.

Well in closing, I will continue to post here, I might take a break from QB conversations (no promise though), and though I do not apologize with my views, my breakdowns etc., I do apologize to the posters on this board for how I have come across at times. I can make one promise I will try to come across better when I post in the future. Ok that is all

Thanks Major.

Thank you for your service. Nothing you could ever post outweighs the fact that you serve your country and us with distinction and pride.

Tyrod has not improved this year ..he hasn't taken the step up to address his main weaknesses (inability to complete reads quickly; tentative throwing over the middle; bad accuracy at inopportune times). Also, defenses have adjusted to what he does well so it looks like a regression. I think even the most ardent Tyrod fan will acknowledge these issues.

I am a big Tyrod fan. My daughter and I actually got to talk with him for a moment before he went to Chapel at the team hotel on the Saturday night before the San Francisco game. He could not have been a nicer guy. Humble, genuine, serious -- but he is small and slight, very slight...that concerns me....he will never be the classic drop back passer and he likely will never be a franchise QB but a guy who can caretake a really good team to the playoffs...he is in a position right now where the situation with injuries is demanding that he do more than he is capable of and that means the Bills are likely in line for a bad stretch of games.

Edited by JoeF

Bobby,

This is obviously between us more then it is the rest of the board as I took the most offense (and I apologize for going over the line and being so uptight about it to.....it is a message board and everyone does have the right to have and post their opinions)

We dont agree on Tyrod Taylor.....it still doesnt mean I dont find you a educated poster and have said that many times.

My opinions are not perfect either.....I am a former college player and have coached to some degree at the lower college level (meanwhile still finding 10 years to serve my country as you do)....and it STILL does not make me right all time and i also learn new things every day.....the game changes but it stays the same you know what I mean?

P.S. the ignore function on this board does not work anyway...... :)

Yes it does. It's quite nice actually.

Thank you for your service. Nothing you could ever post outweighs the fact that you serve your country and us with distinction and pride.

Tyrod has not improved this year ..he hasn't taken the step up to address his main weaknesses (inability to complete reads quickly; tentative throwing over the middle; bad accuracy at inopportune times). Also, defenses have adjusted to what he does well so it looks like a regression. I think even the most ardent Tyrod fan will acknowledge these issues.

I am a big Tyrod fan. My daughter and I actually got to talk with him for a moment before he went to Chapel at the team hotel on the Saturday night before the San Francisco game. He could not have been a nicer guy. Humble, genuine, serious -- but he is small and slight, very slight...that concerns me....he will never be the classic drop back passer and he likely will never be a franchise QB but a guy who can caretake a really good team to the playoffs...he is in a position right now where the situation with injuries is demanding that he do more than he is capable of and that means the Bills are likely in line for a bad stretch of games.

I think Tyrod is a system qb who does a lot of things other qbs cant do......I think he is working the middle of the field more then he was last year.....and his bad quarters of 3rd down percentage overshadow other other quarters where he is making key 3rd down conversions. The 4th quarter of the fins game was abysmal. I think it is just not as simple to say "just go throw it to the receivers available" when your main pass catchers are not playing.....Tyrod will think first to not turn the ball over before he throws that pass....that is just the way he is obviously it does not mean he cannot make the throws....it means he needs better pass catchers (I know that sounds like a excuse but come on man...its true)

One thing I will note......there was a play where tyrod threw the ball away in this last game and got taken down by Mario Williams.......and then was very slow to get up...and it didnt look from my eyes like that big of a hit.

That did worry me a bit.....but Tyrod does seem to always get back up.

I think Tyrod is a system qb who does a lot of things other qbs cant do......I think he is working the middle of the field more then he was last year.....and his bad quarters of 3rd down percentage overshadow other other quarters where he is making key 3rd down conversions. The 4th quarter of the fins game was abysmal. I think it is just not as simple to say "just go throw it to the receivers available" when your main pass catchers are not playing.....Tyrod will think first to not turn the ball over before he throws that pass....that is just the way he is obviously it does not mean he cannot make the throws....it means he needs better pass catchers (I know that sounds like a excuse but come on man...its true)

One thing I will note......there was a play where tyrod threw the ball away in this last game and got taken down by Mario Williams.......and then was very slow to get up...and it didnt look from my eyes like that big of a hit.

That did worry me a bit.....but Tyrod does seem to always get back up.

A really good, honest assessment John.

I agree its a tough situation right now. The Bills should have won this past Sunday. Tyrod played mostly well enough to win--but third downs were mostly bad which is a killer. A healthy Shady makes those third downs more manageable in most cases where a Tyrod scramble is a solid option to pick up the first. The D's inability to tackle and get off the field was a killer. This is a third down league.. the Bills couldn't convert and Miami didn't face a lot of them because of their success on 1st and 2nd down.

The one thing that I really like about this team as opposed to some of what I observed in the past is that there aren't a lot of distractions around them. Past trips to Buffalo we have stayed where the team stayed the Saturday night before a game and there were all kinds of distractions -- this hotel -- the motor lobby, the check in lobby, the lobby bar were clean (except for youth hockey teams)..we saw probably half the squad in one form or another that night...all business.. Exactly the opposite of what I would expect with Rex. A really tight, focused ship.

Edited by JoeF

I was just about to post something similar explaining my "crusading" towards Sammy Boo Boo Foot and Marquise Goodwont. But then I realized I don't care what any of you asshats think about my opinion.

Which is exactly why O4Bob should stay and you should go...

EJ is better (not calling him great; just saying he's better than Taylor). But since we have Rex, we'll likely never see it.

Your crusade is tiring....

Need a tailgate together party guys Get your butts to Hammers

Only you want their butts near your hammer....

I think my biggest issue with some of the TT detractors is that we really don't have another solution. By saying this - it's assumed I'm just OK with mediocrity and lack of development. I'm not trying to say that at all. I think the biggest key for this team in all honesty is getting even better on defense. If we can stop backs while playing coverage's and not stacking the box, we'll win the field position battle and be able to win by running the ball - sort of a denver/seattle strategy.

Do I think it sets us up for long term success? Maybe not. But we have Rex Ryan as a head coach, and he needs to make his defense as strong as possible.

I think Whaley also tried to address defensive shortcomings in the offseason, while seeming to gloss over issues at offensive positions - Wide receiver being chief among them. I think with a healthy receiving corps, we have everything we thought we would need on the offensive side of the ball. The depth was weakest at that position, so of course that is where all our injuries occurred.

TT has shortcomings for sure (many of them)- and we need him to work on them. But this team is built to have a top 10 defense to win games, and to take care of the ball. So far, not so good on the defensive side. Great defenses don't take weeks off.

At a certain point you can just assume we all know your position about Tyrod Taylor, and stop hijacking every thread with it. It's fair game for threads about Tyrod or the offense generally - but you've been assaulting nearly every discussion with it. We get it!

but I really wish people knew I don't like cam newton. Will they ever learn?

This board used to be a lot more confrontational back in the day...now it is controlled like soccer moms control little Ryan at the park. Like the soccer moms say everyone gets to play and we do not keep score. We always end in a tie.

Have a chocolate covered strawberry and get in the mini van.

Tomorrow know one remembers.

it used to be bad. The discussions have been pacified a lot. Hossage, ice, others and many would rip anyone apart in their path. They got gone. A new version took over that handles it a different way.

The board is the same as it was a few yrs ago. But 7-8-9 yrs ago you'd have heated arguments. Once TBD gained traction and attention everyone stopped knowing each other. It got too much for some to handle and instead of actually replying to an argument that was different than theirs they resorted to name calling. It was beyond calling someone ignorant or foolish. It got ugly. It still happens now because the internet has bred that type of culture but its not the same due to heavy, and at times excessive censorship.

Nonetheless, the board is as good as ever and the brightest days look ahead as discussion has opened up much more from many stand points that were once shied away from or removed.

it used to be bad. The discussions have been pacified a lot. Hossage, ice, others and many would rip anyone apart in their path. They got gone. A new version took over that handles it a different way.

The board is the same as it was a few yrs ago. But 7-8-9 yrs ago you'd have heated arguments. Once TBD gained traction and attention everyone stopped knowing each other. It got too much for some to handle and instead of actually replying to an argument that was different than theirs they resorted to name calling. It was beyond calling someone ignorant or foolish. It got ugly. It still happens now because the internet has bred that type of culture but its not the same due to heavy, and at times excessive censorship.

Nonetheless, the board is as good as ever and the brightest days look ahead as discussion has opened up much more from many stand points that were once shied away from or removed.

I'm not so sure I agree...the most epic threads this board has ever known (retatta, Sue's homework, Tracy's piracy thread, et al) could never have happened in today's environment.

I'm not so sure I agree...the most epic threads this board has ever known (retatta, Sue's homework, Tracy's piracy thread, et al) could never have happened in today's environment.

We need a good spearing contest to liven things up...but now it would just draw a 15 yard penalty, a fine, moderation points and potential suspension. The pussification of TBD ;)

Edited by JoeF

Takes a big man to see flaws and have a willingness to remedy them. Kudos! You have any insight on how to win the next two games?

Pray?

No in seriousness i dont see us winning against Pats. With Brady we just dont match up.

Now against Sea i think we are ok there. Our team is built like teams that can take the engineering of Link out of it. I think we will be fine against Sea actually

Bobby,

P.S. the ignore function on this board does not work anyway......:)

Nice to hear from ya. Look I tried to never attack you personally nor tried to sway your opinion. All i was trying tk do was counter point it with what i see.

I hate being a Bills fan at times because i am always picking about a QB play because of how bad we have been at the position.

I am just a blunt guy. And get tired of excuses specially when they are the same excuses, instead look at other things. IE OL pass blocking, was it bad against MIA, sure but it is also bad all over league and QBs can perform (bad ones cant).

Wide WRs drop balls, happens all over the league Good QBs overcome, bad ones cant. It is no different than officials. Good teams overcome bad calls, bad teams dont.

As Bills fans we have become very good at making excuses for the team, less about why we cant overcome the bad play, bad drive, bad call or bad half.

Again I did feel I needed to apologize to the board because I can get aggresive at times. I know that about myself.

End of the day we both want the same thing a winning team. I just am sick of waiting and ready to move on fast when I Id a player i think doesnt help us get there.

there has been some changes over the last few months with members. I think its back on track. If someone says something stupid they're called out

Boo frickin hoo.....someone call a whambulance for Joey....

642a24ff3a6b6ab1aa3d6aa302eca404.jpg

:lol:

but I really wish people knew I don't like cam newton. Will they ever learn?

I'm taking away 1 warning point for that! :D

Boo frickin hoo.....someone call a whambulance for Joey....

642a24ff3a6b6ab1aa3d6aa302eca404.jpg

:lol:

I'm taking away 1 warning point for that! :D

it's true. Often times the arguments became more heated because it was literally one sided. It seems like we can go back and forth much better now without the need to have intervention which only escalates things. Even if I can't stand Rogers take against Taylor and his endless effort to remind us he's actually average - Roger is one of the nicest men I've ever met who has a family that one day I could wish to have. We may disagree 1,000 times but he's a good man. And behind each one of these screens we find that often to be the case. Except for Tom and Jim. They're just bitter old grumps.

We simply have to remember that. And when in doubt don't say it behind a keyboard unless you would in person.

it's true. Often times the arguments became more heated because it was literally one sided. It seems like we can go back and forth much better now without the need to have intervention which only escalates things. Even if I can't stand Rogers take against Taylor and his endless effort to remind us he's actually average - Roger is one of the nicest men I've ever met who has a family that one day I could wish to have. We may disagree 1,000 times but he's a good man. And behind each one of these screens we find that often to be the case. Except for Tom and Jim. They're just bitter old grumps.

We simply have to remember that. And when in doubt don't say it behind a keyboard unless you would in person.

Bravo.