Perfect target for 2017

I'd like to send a mid round pick to Cleveland for Terrelle Pryor. He's on a one year deal and I can't imagine he'd wanna return there, plus they're trash and goin nowhere. Our receiving core is depleted and not great to begin with.

Isn't he from Cleveland?

The Browns would be stupid to trade their one bright spot. Pryor is stud

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our cap situation isnt going to allow us to make any kind of wr splash. Maybe someone at 1-3 mill a year or so. Kyle will likely get released due to his cap hit. I'm hoping he'all take much less to return even though he's playing great football.

Vincent Jacksons market is 12+ mill a year? Lol. Garçon 10+? That's crazy talk

It's their current cap hit. Garcon is in the last year of a 5 year deal so his cap hit is a bit higher.

I like him as an option if we lose Woods - or even keep woods. I'd like to draft someone as well, but our depth is so bad right now that we need some real guys out there.

We only have 3 under contract for next year and 1 has yet to play, 1 is on IR, and the other is Powell.

Floyd is only 26, and is an excellent blocking WR, which we will need if we lose Woods

Yes and will cost 8-9M a year

I'd like to send a mid round pick to Cleveland for Terrelle Pryor. He's on a one year deal and I can't imagine he'd wanna return there, plus they're trash and goin nowhere. Our receiving core is depleted and not great to begin with.

They are talking extension with him.

Our cap situation isnt going to allow us to make any kind of wr splash. Maybe someone at 1-3 mill a year or so. Kyle will likely get released due to his cap hit. I'm hoping he'all take much less to return even though he's playing great football.

Vincent Jacksons market is 12+ mill a year? Lol. Garçon 10+? That's crazy talk

Yes that is what they make this year.

Draft you really will only have to replace 1

Watkins - Watkins

Woods - Draft

Goodwin - Listenbee

Powell - Powell

Hunter - ?? (Dez Lewis)

Tate - Easley

Edited by MAJBobby

At any rate, we need two new WR's most likely. I like Woods, but surmise he is gone after this season. We will draft a WR first 3 rounds next year, and sign a free agent WR IMO

This is what I think too. I think that the Bills go WR early. They probably try to keep Woods (not likely) and Goodwin (cheap). I think that Hunter, Salas, Sammy and maybe Powell stay. That leaves maybe Goodwin, and a high draft pick.

Edit: I forgot Listenbee. He has a shot too.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Yes and will cost 8-9M a year

What are our other options? We will lose Woods, Garson will cost more, this is a weak year for WR's in the draft, and we will only have Sammy. Powell and Listenbee on roster. We need a starting WR, probably a slot WR as well. Do you want to start 2 rookies at WR? What if Sammy gets hurt again? Powell is your new #1? We are in desperate need for WR and $8-9 million would be well spent for an upgrade at WR

Edited by Pete

What are our other options? We will lose Woods, Garson will cost more, this is a weak year for WR's in the draft, and we will only have Sammy. Powell and Listenbee on roster. We need a starting WR, probably a slot WR as well. Do you want to start 2 rookies at WR? What if Sammy gets hurt again? Powell is your new #1? We are in desperate need for WR and $8-9 million would be well spent for an upgrade at WR

Salas will be a cheap Re-Sign

Hunter will be a cheap Re-Sign

Dez Lewis will be re-signed

Draft 1.

You cant spend more than 4M a year on a NO2 WR in this offense.

Get me a new QB and then we can talk about this WR Corp

Salas will be a cheap Re-Sign

Hunter will be a cheap Re-Sign

Dez Lewis will be re-signed

Draft 1.

You cant spend more than 4M a year on a NO2 WR in this offense.

Get me a new QB and then we can talk about this WR Corp

We could have both. Sign a starting WR, draft a QB with 1st pick(it's a good QB class IMO), and draft a WR in first 4 rounds

I'd start floating the unconfirmed rumor that Pryor has an alcohol problem, since he has a hamstring injury.

He is the perfect guy -big, athletic, versatile. That would make me so happy.

I have a feeling (just a feeling) the Bills may try to resurrect Michael Floyd's career. We are like Ellis Island for talented players that need a new home.

I'd start floating the unconfirmed rumor that Pryor has an alcohol problem, since he has a hamstring injury.

Don't mention THAT! It would tip our hand as everyone knows we have a thing for guys with hamstring issues!

I've been a Garcon fan for a long time. Like with any signing, it's about value. I was thinking Kenny Britt this summer but it appears that he's really starting to hit his stride at the right time.

Wouldn't say no to him if they went down that route.

I would not touch Britt - he has issues. He's never reached 1000 yds in his NFL career and of course this year, which is probably the last time he ever has a shot to get a big contract in 2017, he's on pace for 1300yds; no thanks. He would cash in a bit, come here to buffalo and get suspended for something in his first season.

I viewed Garcon as a poor man's Boldin, and would hope he would have a similar influence with us as Boldin did when he left Arizona and went to the Ravens (also a run heavy team at the time).

Of course, like many mention, we have the issue of how much money do we want to allocate to WR's when the offense's bread and butter revolves around the run game. Nevertheless, we are going to need substantial upgrades at WR in my opinion b/c Sammy is on the brink of being "injury prone" (hate to say it) and after Sammy we have basically nothing in terms of quality NFL receivers. Woods is decent, but I personally think Garcon (even at his age), is a better WR than Woods. He's more reliable in my opinion at catching contested balls, a better route runner, and just as good, if not better, at run blocking.

Drafting a WR is definitely an option as well and something I would like us to do probably between rounds 2-4. But even drafting a WR, I feel we need a solid veteran WR via FA that can come in here and be a leader in the locker room for this young WR corps and be reliable in the pass game.

Michael Floyd is another option, as has been mentioned, but he may be asking for a serious chunk of change due to his age.

Does anyone know how much cap money we have tied up in WR's? Just curious.

Edited by bobobonators

With tagging Gilmore, resigning Lorax and Zach Brown, I just don't see where we will have the money.

This is why I'm okay trading Gilmore if we can, drafting a DB opposite of Darby, signing a WR and drafting one.

No matter what, TT is going to have to establish rapport with a whole new receiving core.

With tagging Gilmore, resigning Lorax and Zach Brown, I just don't see where we will have the money.

This is why I'm okay trading Gilmore if we can, drafting a DB opposite of Darby, signing a WR and drafting one.

No matter what, TT is going to have to establish rapport with a whole new receiving core.

Im fine with letting Gilmore walk. Draft his replacement in first 3 rounds.