Watkins Return ?

AtlBills

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need huge boulders of salt whenever Whaley talks about certain things.

Seriously. He's not playing again this season.

There's a pretty big difference between taking Whaley's statements with a grain of salt and making bold predictions with more than 1/2 of the season to go.

I didn't hear anything from listening to Whaley to think Sammy definitely isn't coming back. Sammy is progressing well with no setbacks. They can only bring back one of the 10 or so guys on IR, but they don't know who that will be today. If Sammy returns, then AW can't. But as of today, it's not season ending IR for him because of the new rules. If no one else returns, he could technically come back Week 17 (would be odd but not out of the question if in playoff race). That's all he said unless I missed something.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I didn't hear anything from listening to Whaley to think Sammy definitely isn't coming back. Sammy is progressing well with no setbacks. They can only bring back one of the 10 or so guys on IR, but they don't know who that will be today. If Sammy returns, then AW can't. But as of today, it's not season ending IR for him because of the new rules. If no one else returns, he could technically come back Week 17 (would be odd but not out of the question if in playoff race). That's all he said unless I missed something.

Yeah, I think it certainly depends what our record is after the Jaguars game. If we are 4-7 or 5-6 he will probably rest him the rest of the year. If we are 7-4 or 6-5, we might consider bringing him back for the 5 game playoff push.

Edited by What a Tuel

i still think the AW comment was more geared towards chilling out a bit with the "he will never play again" push. theres a good chance he wont but by saying they might bring him back this year it helps to temper that a little.

But if we bring Watkins back then we can't bring back AW and Shaq has to go back on IR, right? Was Watkins even designated to return in the first place??

I think Jim is just a bit past his prime.

I do think we should trade Ole Miss a 4th round pick for Chad Kelly and a backup guy for depth, however.

Whoa big guy.... you can't have have two Kelly family members in the same town. It's much like the Pegulas owning the Bills and Sabres!

i still think the AW comment was more geared towards chilling out a bit with the "he will never play again" push. theres a good chance he wont but by saying they might bring him back this year it helps to temper that a little.

i might agree with that sentiment.

Whoa big guy.... you can't have have two Kelly family members in the same town. It's much like the Pegulas owning the Bills and Sabres!

You're right about the rule, but wrong about the reason. The NFL only allows us to have one last name multiple times. We had chosen Williams but have decided to switch to Brown. The league allows us a year's grace period to get the number of Williamses down to one, which is why we cut Mario, IR'd Aaron Williams and plan to let Duke Williams walk after this season. Now, the question is whether they force Kyle into retirement or attempt to stash Jonathan on the PS.

If he is healthy and ready to play....that will be the time. Do not force the issue.

I was going nuts watching Sammy hobble around the field at the beginning of the year.

You just dont let a offensive weapon of that caliber perm injure himself.....it ruins him and it doesnt help the team.

When he is healthy......bring him back.

I was going nuts watching Sammy hobble around the field at the beginning of the year.

You just dont let a offensive weapon of that caliber perm injure himself.....it ruins him and it doesnt help the team.

When he is healthy......bring him back.

Too many coaches, front office people and even players rush the process and the guy ends up doing more damage. My feeling is let him get healthy first. Seeing him run like me (I have had multiple ankle injuries) was disheartening.

Like him or hate him as a coach, Rex seems like a guy I'd love to shoot the **** with over some beers

agreed 100 %.

and for the record, i do like him.

I also think he is working to become a better HC everyday. Will it be enough? i cannot answer that