Watkins Return ?

AtlBills

a healthy Sammy changes everything

I agree. A player of his potential forces defenses to game plan differently. Certain players, Clay in particular, has taken a lot of heat for his lack of production. Sure, he has been underwhelming thus far but I do think having a real threat will open up areas for Clay to thrive.

Now if we can just figure out how to get our guys the ball so they aren't running out of bounds, into defenders or out of bounds....

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to see him on the field once in awhile and utilized otherwise it's easy to forget ;)

That's where the misconception comes in to play i believe. I dont think nobody in their right mind doesn't believe that Watkins is an extraordinary talent.

The way we gameplan and distribute the ball is the issue which makes having superb talent on the team pretty much useless. Oh and staying healthy is a big part too.

It's another reason why i believe we need to get Powell the ball more. The guy (to me personally) is a clone version of Stevie Johnson. We need to have this guy run slant routes (hopefully Tyrod can get rid of the ball quick so the poor kid doesn't die) and then we can stretch the field with Watkins and Goodwin and/or Woods. We also need to draw up plays for Goodwin where he hooks on the route and comes back to the QB. He pretty much shocked me on Monday and opened my eyes to new possibilities on how we can use him.

It's not that we don't want Watkins back which some people fail to understand. It's that when he comes back, do we use the OTHER guys the way we should. THAT'S the question (without a question mark).

You guys keep saying his potential and only if Sammy was out there we'd won the games wake up bills fan you cannot count on the guy if it's not his foot it's going to be a new injury so I say move on from Sammy "the fragile wishing it was franchise Watkins"

You guys keep saying his potential and only if Sammy was out there we'd won the games wake up bills fan you cannot count on the guy if it's not his foot it's going to be a new injury so I say move on from Sammy "the fragile wishing it was franchise Watkins"

Just a friendly word: punctuation.

As to Sammy, this is the first season during which he's missed significant time. He started 29 of his first 32 games in the NFL.

The foot injury is an issue, but to say that he's never available is simply incorrect.

As to Sammy, this is the first season during which he's missed significant time. He started 29 of his first 32 games in the NFL.

The foot injury is an issue, but to say that he's never available is simply incorrect.

I swear people need to watch and pay attention to players of other teams. Julio Jones has missed nearly identical time to Watkins. Actually it's really weird how similar their career paths have been.

the flip side is he has played hurt a lot though, and being among his supporters i know i have pointed to injury for why the superstar type of play has been unavailable even when in games.

hopefully we get a good stretch of healthy sammy.

I swear people need to watch and pay attention to players of other teams. Julio Jones has missed nearly identical time to Watkins. Actually it's really weird how similar their career paths have been.

Yep--he's the exact comparison that I make to Watkins....though playing with EJ, Orton, and Tyrod in a run-heavy offense is markedly different than playing with Matt Ryan in a more balanced attack.

the flip side is he has played hurt a lot though, and being among his supporters i know i have pointed to injury for why the superstar type of play has been unavailable even when in games.

hopefully we get a good stretch of healthy sammy.

Oh I don't deny at all that injuries have been an issue--I have a hard time letting the "he's never available" argument slide.

Either way, we have yet to see Lynn as OC with Sammy on the field and healthy.

From what I have seen so far, Lynn is a far better OC than Roman ever was. Tyrod might start really blossoming now, and getting Sammy back can only help that...

To this point, it does appear that Lynn is much more focused on getting explosive players the most touches. I expect more screens and quick deliveries once Sammy is back.

Lynne's offensive game plan was impressive for Seattle. Their D looked confused and uncharacteristically missed tackles. I worry about the impact of losing Eric Wood on the offense being able to continue the success they had on Monday. The bye week should help with integrating Lewis into that role, but not having the anchor of the OL there is going to be a huge challenge.

Every time someone who pays no attention says this I say....once again.....

Go back and look at last season and how Sammy played the majority of the games....with injury.

Its a jones fracture of the foot man. There are screws in it. They bills have to handle it correctly or they lose the best offensive player on the team FOREVER.....and they have up a mint for him.

They cannot just "move on from him".....and yes he would probably have made the difference in at least a couple of these games.

That's where the misconception comes in to play i believe. I dont think nobody in their right mind doesn't believe that Watkins is an extraordinary talent.

The way we gameplan and distribute the ball is the issue which makes having superb talent on the team pretty much useless. Oh and staying healthy is a big part too.

It's another reason why i believe we need to get Powell the ball more. The guy (to me personally) is a clone version of Stevie Johnson. We need to have this guy run slant routes (hopefully Tyrod can get rid of the ball quick so the poor kid doesn't die) and then we can stretch the field with Watkins and Goodwin and/or Woods. We also need to draw up plays for Goodwin where he hooks on the route and comes back to the QB. He pretty much shocked me on Monday and opened my eyes to new possibilities on how we can use him.

It's not that we don't want Watkins back which some people fail to understand. It's that when he comes back, do we use the OTHER guys the way we should. THAT'S the question (without a question mark).

I could have written the same piece. Without the proper punctuation, spelling and eloquence.

If someone else brings up punctuation i am going to spit.

But i do agree, he was available.

But he is not now and has not been full go this year. You might want to stop defending that Bandito ; ).

Over reaction is our forte hereabouts.

I want Sammy back on the field.

But I also want the Team to be able to win without him.

Edited by 3rdand12