The trade deadline is in 13 days.

Tipster19

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Before it's over I'd like to see the Bills make trade to upgrade the WR position. I don't think that the Bills can rely on Sammy this year or any other year as far as dependability goes. I remember when we had Moulds and Peerless Price as a #1 and #1A for WRs. It was quite a luxury and I would love to see the Bills be in that position again. If a trade could be had with Chicago for Alshon Jeffrey then I think that Whaley should jump all over it. As far compensation goes maybe a player and a pick could get it done. It seems that they are in need of some secondary help and I wouldn't be against shipping Gilmore over there before we have to pay him big money or just let him walk, either scenario isn't beneficial to the Bills imo so I'd like to see them get some kind of return with Gilmore. I believe that we have some decent depth at that position and I just don't see our current WRs getting us very far later in the season.

Alshon Jeffery has struggled with injury problems himself. Could you imagine having that much money tied up in a position with guys who weren't on the field? He is a great player. When healthy.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Brandon Marshall. He still has a little something left, and can make contested catches. His contract extends through 2017 so it isn't a one and done deal.

Would love it but even if he is available as Kirby said I don't see the Jets trading him in the division.

Before it's over I'd like to see the Bills make trade to upgrade the WR position. I don't think that the Bills can rely on Sammy this year or any other year as far as dependability goes. I remember when we had Moulds and Peerless Price as a #1 and #1A for WRs. It was quite a luxury and I would love to see the Bills be in that position again. If a trade could be had with Chicago for Alshon Jeffrey then I think that Whaley should jump all over it. As far compensation goes maybe a player and a pick could get it done. It seems that they are in need of some secondary help and I wouldn't be against shipping Gilmore over there before we have to pay him big money or just let him walk, either scenario isn't beneficial to the Bills imo so I'd like to see them get some kind of return with Gilmore. I believe that we have some decent depth at that position and I just don't see our current WRs getting us very far later in the season.

Why are we trading for ANY WR when we don't throw to them to really take advantage. Keep your assets

I remember the Moulds and Peerless era. Cant believe they let Peerless go. At this point I doubt Whaley trades for any WRs even though we need them. They woulda traded already.

It is nice to know that if we truly value a player, the current owners' cash-flow will not be the primary factor in our negotiations. As much as I appreciate Ralph for keeping the Bills in Buffalo, there is no denying his financial impact on the roster.

marshall would be huge. 433 yards already so he still has it.

Maybe the Bears could trade Jeffery for Marshall. I bet Marshall and Cutler would be dynamite together. :)

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Brandon Marshall. He still has a little something left, and can make contested catches. His contract extends through 2017 so it isn't a one and done deal.

If the Jets have resigned themselves to tanking, this is possible. Not sure they're there yet though.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

Alshon Jeffery has struggled with injury problems himself. Could you imagine having that much money tied up in a position with guys who weren't on the field? He is a great player. When healthy.

Would love it but even if he is available as Kirby said I don't see the Jets trading him in the division.

It's happened before. Recall Bledsoe trade? You could look at it as their season is over and taking draft picks from your divisional opponent to strengthen yourself long term. I just hope the GMs are conversing on the subject.

It's happened before. Recall Bledsoe trade? You could look at it as their season is over and taking draft picks from your divisional opponent to strengthen yourself long term. I just hope the GMs are conversing on the subject.

That was an off season trade with a bunch of caveats that don't apply to a Marshall trade.

1. off season trade

2. The Pats* had a qb in waiting

3. IMO they knew that Bledsoe wasn't a difference maker at that point in his career

4. It involved a 1st round pick - Marshall isn't garnering anywhere near that.

You had to go back 10+ years to find a good example which kind of goes along with my point of I don't think it will be in the division if he is traded (I would be shocked if he is - maybe this off season at the earliest imo)

I agree with this. I know that I wouldn't trade him within the division in their shoes.

I would not mind taking a shot on Jeremy Kerley or Torrey Smith for a late round pick if you want a receiver. You may be able to get Smith (for example) and a 7th for a 6th (something like that).

It's over. Nothing is happening. This roster is what it is pretty much for the duration now, barring a slew of injuries, or some desperate team trading us 1st or 2nd rounders for someone like Gilmore (would do that tomorrow) .

Good news is, if your front seven and five aren't hurt by now, they are in football shape and up to game speed and are far less likely to get hurt for the rest of the season. Would love to the see the data on that, but that is my sense. You don't see the IR type injuries later in the season like you do in the front end of the season. Bodes well for the Bills. We shall see.

Get Marshall, get rid of Watkins. Everybody's happy.

I'd be happy with Marshall AND Watkins. Remember , that was the plan at OBD. The Jets ended up getting Marshall because their 4th rounder was higher than Buffalo's . We traded the higher of our fourth rounder in Cassell trade days earlier