The trade deadline is in 13 days.

Tipster19

Before it's over I'd like to see the Bills make trade to upgrade the WR position. I don't think that the Bills can rely on Sammy this year or any other year as far as dependability goes. I remember when we had Moulds and Peerless Price as a #1 and #1A for WRs. It was quite a luxury and I would love to see the Bills be in that position again. If a trade could be had with Chicago for Alshon Jeffrey then I think that Whaley should jump all over it. As far compensation goes maybe a player and a pick could get it done. It seems that they are in need of some secondary help and I wouldn't be against shipping Gilmore over there before we have to pay him big money or just let him walk, either scenario isn't beneficial to the Bills imo so I'd like to see them get some kind of return with Gilmore. I believe that we have some decent depth at that position and I just don't see our current WRs getting us very far later in the season.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Before it's over I'd like to see the Bills make trade to upgrade the WR position. I don't think that the Bills can rely on Sammy this year or any other year as far as dependability goes. I remember when we had Moulds and Peerless Price as a #1 and #1A for WRs. It was quite a luxury and I would love to see the Bills be in that position again. If a trade could be had with Chicago for Alshon Jeffrey then I think that Whaley should jump all over it. As far compensation goes maybe a player and a pick could get it done. It seems that they are in need of some secondary help and I wouldn't be against shipping Gilmore over there before we have to pay him big money or just let him walk, either scenario isn't beneficial to the Bills imo so I'd like to see them get some kind of return with Gilmore. I believe that we have some decent depth at that position and I just don't see our current WRs getting us very far later in the season.

I don't see why Sammy cannot recover fully and flourish just as Julio Jones has. However, If they can work out the compensation and handle the cap hit then AJ is a fantastic trade idea.

I would love to see Alshon Jeffery in a Bills uniform (or any other decent receiver another team would be willing to part with), but NFL mid-season trades are rare. The odds are low, but it would be fun.

Me too. :thumbsup:

I remember the Moulds and Peerless era. Cant believe they let Peerless go. At this point I doubt Whaley trades for any WRs even though we need them. They woulda traded already.

They got a 1st round pick for Price (We were already in Cap hell) and then they were able to re-sign him after two seasons for a much lower contract. However, by then both Moulds and Bledsoe were done!!!!

Schopp and the Bulldog were talking about his last night. My view is that you wait until after the Miami game before you seriously consider trading (and giving up assets) for a receiver.

If you win that game you are 5-2 with the two toughest remaining games on your schedule (you are to an extent playing with house money against NE and Seattle) coming up, followes by the bye. So even if worst case scenario you were 5-4 coming off that run you would have had 4 weeks to get your new guy in the play book and up to speed ready to contribute down the stretch. If you lose to Miami the season is probably not going to be a playoff year so you roll with what you have.

Who is out there as an option? Jeffrey is one (probably at a high cost 3rd rounder maybe? And then there is making his cap hit work), at a much lower cost what about Ted Ginn Jnr? Had a nice year as a deep threat in a similar offense in Carolina last year. Might get him for a 6th or 7th and he would be better than Goodwin. The other one that really intruiges me is what would it take to get Jordan Matthews out of Philly? I know he is their best receiver but he was a Chip pick not a pick made by this regime and they have a hell of a difficult schedule still to come. The fact they made the Bradford trade tells me that for the right price this team is willing to trade assets this year to be in a position to build the strongest possible team around Wentz long term. They might slap you straight down I accept but if I was going to make trade phone calls he would be the first call I'd make.

Edited by GunnerBill