Kaepernick to start on Sunday

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is it that ridiculous to believe there are some people he has really pissed off out there, guys who play on opposing defenses? Guys hit QB's late, drive them into the ground, and things happen. IF a guy who dislikes him has an open shot do you think he won't take the opportunity regardless of the fine or the 15 yards? I'm not saying he gets hit 4 seconds after throwing the ball or anything, but I have a feeling he is definitely going to take some shots that are a little more than just football related.

I've read a lot of players support what he's doing....well, this is what you said....."Roughing The Passer" penalties that are blatant. I don't think players like to get fined $10K so yes I don't think they will do anything to take a penalty or get fined...

I don't like it at all. The ONLY chance that SF has this weekend is some crazy broken plays and bounces. Those other 2 bums aren't capable of making the plays when things break down that Kaep is. I still think that the Bills win the game but I gave SF 0% chance with Gabbert or Ponder.

I feel the same way. Consider too that Kaep is rusty, so he will be more prone to taking off and running.

I've read a lot of players support what he's doing....well, this is what you said....."Roughing The Passer" penalties that are blatant. I don't think players like to get fined $10K so yes I don't think they will do anything to take a penalty or get fined...

Ok, maybe I chose poor wording in the situation. I think they will look like normal roughing the passer shots, but I think they will be intentional from the other player. Not necessarily blatant.

No he's not. Gabbert took his job because he was hot garbage. Rumors of a dead arm swirled as he looked so putrid.

Gabbert got the job because Kaep was going off two surgeries and wasn't 100% healthy. We're talking about a guy who led his team to a Superbowl not too long ago. Kaep > Gabbert.

Kaep just restructured his deal so that he doesn't have the injury clause. This was apparently the biggest reason he wasn't playing. Similar to the RG3 situation.

I don't like the spark this could provide.

The spark that comes from starting a player who couldn't beat out Blaine Gabbert?

More like a fizzle.

Gabbert got the job because Kaep was going off two surgeries and wasn't 100% healthy. We're talking about a guy who led his team to a Superbowl not too long ago. Kaep > Gabbert.

Kap,success was playing in a different offensive scheme. And before the team was gutted of talent. Both players and coaches. He needs a new team.

If Kaep plays I actually think he gets hurt. I';m sure there are numerous guys just waiting to take a shot at him. Don't be surprised if there are a couple of "Roughing The Passer" penalties that are blatant. Also, he looks a little frail to be honest and these grown men on our defense are getting after it. I also think this leads to a few TO's as well for our team as he hasn't seen the field in a year and will definitely be rusty out there.

wtf. Why? Not to get political but I'm willing to bet the players support him a lot more than the fox news viewers.

he's going to be rusty as hell

why? He's not just sitting on his couch. He practices everyday.

If you saw HBO Real Sports, they did a feature on Kaep. Kaep was sitting at the start of his protest, but after talking to a veteran, he's taking a knee because that's what vets do for their fallen. I think the young man is sincere, however misguided. As for Kaep's fate at the hands of the Bills? Here's one of my posts from the Lorax thread:

The Lorax is a just a man, it's said. Look! There goes the QB's head!

Edited by Freddie's Dead

The Bills should take the same approach defensively vs Kaep that they did with Brissett. Similar strengths/weaknesses. They need to -ahem- make him be a quarterback. He's not accurate and not good from the pocket. If you let him run the read option you are in trouble. Especially with Hyde. He's outstanding as a blocker and runner in that scheme.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I read an article a few weeks back where the author said that there were players on multiple teams who were pissed at Kapernick. They weren't saying anything and just biting their tongue. It wouldn't surprise me if Kap took some hits - legal or otherwise. Apologies for not providing a link or the authors name. I can't remember where I read it.