Kaepernick to start on Sunday

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think regular citizens are more likely to get shot going to work than cops are. Until the tragedies of a couple months back, cops have been relatively safe for the last decade or so.

can't anybody follow a flow of comments back and forth.

but they often get away with shootings that aren't warranted. That's the whole point of the protests.

They don't " get away" with shootings that aren't warranted. They are allowed by law to use deadly physical force and be indemnified in doing so IF they are found to have acted within the scope of their training and if they reasonably felt that their life or the safety of others was in danger. In short, they are not held to the standard that a civilian would be. They would have to shoot in a completely egregious manner - using the shooting as " punishment" or a clear violation of civil rights. Not simply making a mistake that was a reasonable reaction in the situation such as not being able to tell that a gun was a BB gun. A grand jury would have to find that the Officer was intentionally violating civil rights without cause. While unfortunate, a suspect reaching into a vehicle or making a sudden move toward their belt line or pocket constitutes reasonable cause. A Cop cannot wait to see if someone is actually reaching for a weapon. That is why they clearly command someone to keep their hands where they can be seen and not move. If the subject doesn't listen to commands, they will likely be shot. Not because they are a minority. Over half of Police shootingslast year involved Caucasian suspects. of the highly publicized incidents this year the only one that appeared unwarranted was the one in Oklahoma. And only because there was another Officer present with a stun gun .guess what ? The Cop was charged . May even be convicted . Should we as a society change the standard to protect suspects at the expense of more Cops being shot. I don't think we can or should. There would be a lot more Police funerals if we did. People just need to do what they are ordered to do if involved in a situation with a cop . Simple as that . I felt I had to respond to that untrue statement about unwarranted . To stay on track, I hope Bills fans let Kaepernick ha e it relentlessly if he plays when the Niners come to town. This guy shouldn't be let off the hook. Go Bils !!!!

Bills fans rationalizing the murdering of un-armed men by deflecting the conversation to civilian on civilian crime? :ph34r:56660690.jpg

Lets keep it all Bills brehs. Leave the political **** for another thread.

It's not murder if the Cop reasonably felt threatened by the action of the suspect and acted in the scop of their training. That is the LAW . It's not murder, just an unfortunate incident caused in part by someone not doing what they were told to do to keep everyone involved safe. Tragic, but not murder in the eyes of the law.

just don't do it quietly or loudly or make sure anyone might see you and get upset. Protests are supposed to not be seen.

yes, but it has nothing to do with Kaep. Keep focused if you can.

Nothing wrong with protests. But when they are supporting a lie, they need to be called out and denounced.

Another team with 10 days to prepare for us. Oh joy!

I'm scared of what Kap can do vs us in that offense so I hope he doesn't start. Hughes, as good as he is, always gets sucked inside and loses contain and I can see them attacking us at the edges rather than mess with Kyle and Dareus up the middle

:lol:

yeah, it like totally would....why is he a candy ass...because he's protesting against something that be believes in?

because he is too stupid to realize there are no policies or laws that are against people of color when in fact there are rules slanted in their favor with affirmative action and racial quotas. If he is upset with the cops he should protest against them and not show resentment towards his own country.

Believe me their is A LOT I don't like about how our government does things but that doesn't mean I will be an unpatriotic imbecile.

because he is too stupid to realize there are no policies or laws that are against people of color when in fact there are rules slanted in their favor with affirmative action and racial quotas. If he is upset with the cops he should protest against them and not show resentment towards his own country.

Believe me their is A LOT I don't like about how our government does things but that doesn't mean I will be an unpatriotic imbecile.

so instead you will be a 'patriotic' imbecile.

so instead you will be a 'patriotic' imbecile.

It's interesting that you have only insults in response to facts. You would rather cling to and repeat a narrative that is incorrect and not backed up by the truth. Just media hype, and an angry mob focused on the wrong thing. It's statistically irrelevant and desecrating the country /flag over it is idiotic.