Kaepernick to start on Sunday

It's your right. It's also other people's right to think you are a loser for caring so much about it in the first place.

It blows my mind how many people actually are bothered by this. There are millions of slobs who turn the anthem or don't stand up for it when they watch the games at home.

Personally, I think it is disrespectful but I can't imagine caring if someone else didn't.

Well said, I'm with you on this.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im pretty disappointed to hear this...would much rather face Blaine Gabbert than Colin. Nervous Colin sparks the offense a little and like every week, this is a must win (home game against what we would expect to be an inferior opponent)

He's far more dangerous a runner than Gabbert, but he has major limitations as a pocket passer. I still think the Bills should win this game , Kaep was benched in favor of BG after all. He was making a lot of the same errors that TT was / is.

He's far more dangerous a runner than Gabbert, but he has major limitations as a pocket passer. I still think the Bills should win this game , Kaep was benched in favor of BG after all. He was making a lot of the same errors that TT was / is.

Kaepernick 's passing numbers are better than Gabbert's across the board.

The Bills should easily win this game. But playing a guy like Blaine would have been much easier.

Does it mean anything to you that he said he was not trying to disrespect the troops or the flag?

Does it mean anything to you that the very reason we stand for the flag and the anthem is to honor those troops and also to honor the ones who have died defending it?

Why don't you just get it over with and run for mod? Make TBD Great Again.

Excellent idea! Turn this into a big dumpster fire! ;-) ;-) Hush your tongue Gug!

He's already got the groping part nailed down:

"sent him a pm reminding him ppp goes to PPP when the last thread was up. Tried being nice

I proper mod gropey, though"

BTW, is this English?

Right or wrong, he feels that there have been many instances recently where cops have shot and killed unarmed black men......

what you just said makes no sense to the argument. Police have shot and killed many unarmed black men...

The rest is the argument on it being justified.

It's disrespectful , yes. But his reason for doing it is what makes me care so much because it's a lie unsubstantiated by facts. I think he is a loser for not understanding the law in his country and standing up for criminals over cops.

Geezus what does this even mean? People actually believe this garbage? What does this have to do with him playing football this weekend anyway?

Unsubstantiated by facts? Are you out of your mind? This kind of ignorance is mind blowing and makes me ashamed to be from the same country as you. You are an absolute liar or delusional if you don't think there is any evidence to the fact that minorities, especially African Americans, have faced racism and unfair treatment in this country, by our laws, police, etc both in the past and present. There is mountains of evidence. And don't think I didn't notice you refer to him as standing up for "criminals". He is standing up for minorities who have been unnecessarily killed, treated unfairly, etc and you just blanketed all those people as criminals...#Racism101 and its your way of thinking that is the problem in this country.

This is an important football game...the discussion should be about how we are going to game plan to stop what is likely going to be a motivated Kap to prove he should have been the starting QB all along. It wasn't that long ago this guy was a very dangerous QB with what he can do with his legs, and he's got fresh legs too and playing at home. But rather than talk about that, this garbage about him exercising his American right is still dominating the conversation. Get the hell over it, nothing is more UnAmerican than vilifying someone peacefully using their American rights to speak up for fellow Americans that still to this day face racial biased.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Yeah, i've not watched ESPN regularly in years, since they started to trend away from sports and towards social issues, and the constant harping on race issues in particular. I'm not the only one either, they're losing subscribers by the millions

http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/espn-loses-1-5-million-subscribers-as-cord-cutting-accelerates-052816

Why pay good money for a cable package for sports when the flagship sports station is more concerned with trying to make you feel bad about some social issue that's being beat to death in 1000 other places, than broadcasting sporting events?

They've also ruined the magazine with this crap too. I used to pay for insider, in part because I really liked ESPN mag, but it's gotten so SJW that I dropped insider this year just to avoid getting the magazine

Amen Brother. Oh wait, sorry, is that appropriating culture? Sorry Christians.

Geezus what does this even mean? People actually believe this garbage? What does this have to do with him playing football this weekend anyway?

Unsubstantiated by facts? Are you out of your mind? This kind of ignorance is mind blowing and makes me ashamed to be from the same country as you. You are an absolute liar or delusional if you don't think there is any evidence to the fact that minorities, especially African Americans, have faced racism and unfair treatment in this country, by our laws, police, etc both in the past and present. There is mountains of evidence. And don't think I didn't notice you refer to him as standing up for "criminals". He is standing up for minorities who have been unnecessarily killed, treated unfairly, etc and you just blanketed all those people as criminals...#Racism101 and its your way of thinking that is the problem in this country.

This is an important football game...the discussion should be about how we are going to game plan to stop what is likely going to be a motivated Kap to prove he should have been the starting QB all along. It wasn't that long ago this guy was a very dangerous QB with what he can do with his legs, and he's got fresh legs too and playing at home. But rather than talk about that, this garbage about him exercising his American right is still dominating the conversation. Get the hell over it, nothing is more UnAmerican than vilifying someone peacefully using their American rights to speak up for fellow Americans that still to this day face racial biased.

Really good post. And I'll leave this thread on a football note that I would much rather face Gabbert than Kaepernick.

Is Kaep from Buffalo?

i hope its kap.. and would love to be there next week when he takes "the knee" . after about 2 hours of pre-game beers and food, i can only imagine the "reception" he will get.. before all you whinny types jump on my a$$ telling me "he has a right to protest, etc etc" i get all that .. i am just dealing in reality and know how a lots of my beloved hometown peeps think.. and .. as always.. JMHO..

My wish is to see him get sacked hard and the sacker takes a knee for his sack dance. That'd be epic. I am not a fan of that oppressed millionaire.

Is Kaep from Buffalo?

You're asking me that question? I made one post about him in a 19 page thread.

And like C.Biscuit said, i would rather face Gabbert too than Kap. He is not only playing to secure his job the rest of the year as the starting QB of the 49ers, he is really playing for his career and its starts this Sunday. There is no guarantee he will be a 49er next year, especially with restructuring his deal...if he can't prove he can be a good QB capable of starting in the NFL he will have a hard time finding a job next year because teams will be much more hesitant to bring in a guy with this off the field divide to just to be a backup.

Look man, nobody is trying to belittle your service to your country. He's literally stated that it's about injustice and you're refusing to take him at his word. He's not inciting violence or being crude. Do you really think those other options you've presented would be as effective in getting a message across to the entire country? The way he chose to do it has worked in the sense that a ton people are talking about it, his team has given money because of it, etc. The flag is a symbol. It means something different to everybody. For a large group of Americans, the flag means oppression and discrimination right now. You can be mad at them for feeling that way, or you can try to help them not feel that way.

This is ridiculous. The flag literally is a symbol for the oppressed. It is a symbol of freedom for all, even for those who cannot defend themselves. I think it would do young people like Keap a great deal of good to actually learn some American history and the history of the flag in particular. While he may be making a stand for a cause is notable it is also absolutely clear that what he is doing is disrespecting the flag and the anthem, no matter what he says he is doing. People feel very passionate about honoring the flag. Not standing for it is clearly more than just starting a trend.

This is ridiculous. The flag literally is a symbol for the oppressed. It is a symbol of freedom for all, even for those who cannot defend themselves. I think it would do young people like Keap a great deal of good to actually learn some American history and the history of the flag in particular. While he may be making a stand for a cause is notable it is also absolutely clear that what he is doing is disrespecting the flag and the anthem, no matter what he says he is doing. People feel very passionate about honoring the flag. Not standing for it is clearly more than just starting a trend.

And the flag also represents a country where people were 2nd class citizens only 50 years ago. A place where blacks were brought here as slaves. A place where minorites are the majority of the prison population.

There are obviously tons of reasons for this but to pretend like this country is the same for everyone is wrong.

The easy thing for Kaepernick to do is not do anything. He is making a ton of money but he is speaking up for others. Guys getting choked to death for selling cigarettes.

I think America is the best country in the world but there are some giant flaws. And if a guy wants to kneel silently to start a conversation, why does that bother people to the point they want him to get injuried?