Kaepernick to start on Sunday

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wtf. Why? Not to get political but I'm willing to bet the players support him a lot more than the fox news viewers.

why? He's not just sitting on his couch. He practices everyday.

We will see my friend. And just because someone does not support what he chooses to do does not mean they are a "fox news viewer" as you suggested. :thumbsup:

Also, do expect him to be rusty. He hasn't seen any live game action in a year. That's a big difference from practice. And yes, we're talking about practice. :lol:

It doesn't matter who starts for the niners. It is going too be a painful afternoon for them. Even if Brody starts. That team is ownership challenged. Eddie D must be drinking heavily somewhere.

The police chief from Jaws plays for the 49'ers? :pirate: The over/under on how many D cells get chucked at Kaep is 25.

Edited by Freddie's Dead

Colin Kaepernick continues to work diligently in practice and in his ongoing rehab to get back to full strength. Kelly explained that Kaepernick is still not back to his physical form pre-injury.

“Colin has worked extremely hard at the rehab part of what he’s done,” Kelly said. “I think what people lose sight of is that Kap missed all of last season, from when he got hurt and through the rehab process because he had shoulder surgery, thumb surgery and knee surgery that prevented him from working out.”

The coach made it clear that he is free to play whoever he wishes on gameday.

That goes for Gabbert, Kaepernick and the other 51 players on the roster.

“That’s never been an issue,” Kelly said. “I’ve never been told by anyone in this building who to play at any position.”

Serious question here-- but what if the Bills played the National Anthem in a loop throughout the entire game? Wouldn't Kaep be unable to stand and play? That would pretty much kill his mobility.

And you sir, win post of the day!

Serious question here-- but what if the Bills played the National Anthem in a loop throughout the entire game? Wouldn't Kaep be unable to stand and play? That would pretty much kill his mobility.

realtalk: this was a big attention seeking stunt by a guy riding the pine. he comes in, looks like the garbage QB he is, throws a couple INTs, 49ers get crushed, and some will wonder why he got so much attention in the first place. Maybe ESPN can hire him in their rapidly expanding Grievence Professionals division that seems to be taking over that network. Honestly they should drop the pretense that they're interested in sports and just fuss and whine about racism all day since that seems to be the most important thing to them

will since the bills are unable to play audio over the stadium pa during plays the best way to do this is to have the fans sing it while they are on offense.

These kind of things scare the crap out of me. Players like this tend to come in, have a career game against us and then regress to the mean the rest of the season. (Fitzpatrick, Forsett, etc)

Or maybe they'll regress right into the mean Lorax.

Kaep wasn't benched for no reason. This isn't the same player from a few years ago. He's not very good and he hasn't played in a while, he will be very rusty to say the least. Also he hasn't been hit in a while. I think putting some hits on him early will rattle him for the rest of the game.

Cousin Sal (on the Bill Simmons podcast) suggested Bills fans just sing the national anthem every time he's on the field.

Edited by Chuck Wagon

This is gold. Replace the train whistle with the national anthem

realtalk: this was a big attention seeking stunt by a guy riding the pine. he comes in, looks like the garbage QB he is, throws a couple INTs, 49ers get crushed, and some will wonder why he got so much attention in the first place. Maybe ESPN can hire him in their rapidly expanding Grievence Professionals division that seems to be taking over that network. Honestly they should drop the pretense that they're interested in sports and just fuss and whine about racism all day since that seems to be the most important thing to them

You're going to love tonight's programming. :lol:

Kaep wasn't benched for no reason. This isn't the same player from a few years ago. He's not very good and he hasn't played in a while, he will be very rusty to say the least. Also he hasn't been hit in a while. I think putting some hits on him early will rattle him for the rest of the game.

The people who are holding him up as some sort of hero don't really know anything about football, so there's that

Kaep does not scare me one bit. Hypothetically he's a perfect fit for Chip's scheme yet Chip stuck with Gabbert until he had no other choice but to make a move. The 49ers are hot garbage, losing Bowman was the straw that broke the camel's back, Chip will be the coach at Oregon shortly after Thanksgiving.

Then fans can't complain about others standing the whole game

As a veteran and a strong supporter of the flag, I hope he does play and the defense doesn't hold anything back. I don't want him injured but I do want him to understand what a foolish thing it is to disrespect the flag. Knuckleheads like this need to be treated like knuckleheads.

BTW, I truly am as heartbroken over racial injustice as anyone, but this is not how I would "make a stand". This is a total cop out and only really just makes the divide between black and white even wider. It's just stirring things up and making things worse. You want to make a stand, don't do it by shi**ing on the American flag.

Start a rally, raise money for the families effected by racism, speak up in your church, talk about it every time you get in front of a microphone or camera. There are lots of ways. This stunt is not how you bring people together and solve a problem. Keap is young. Hopefully this is just something he learns from. I really don't think he thought this through. It is my hope that his intentions were truly just about the injustice and not about our flag, country and home.

Sorry guys for the rant. Was getting a bit annoyed by the lack of patriotism on display.