Buffalo Bills - rank 32 in passing yards per game

San-O

There are other threads discussing this. A new post was not needed.

congrats after observing your constant non stop pounding of other posters. Including myself. Yet literally contributing nothing too the board. You must be taking your new position as DH very seriously. Did you ever figure out how too use ignore. I know you were having problems with it.

Cheers boss!

Edited by Best Player Available

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying not to wallow, but we are really missing Watkins. TT was one of the best deep passers in the league last year and the connection with Sammy downfield was huge. He hasn't found that with Goodwin, not sure if it's on TT or MG or both (I think it's both). Gotta hope he develops something with Justin Hunter. Can't stretch the field and may not be able to run anymore either pretty soon if the D has no respect for the passing game. I still think he needs to take this shots to Goodwin but they will let him have those all day until they connect.

Goodwin's catch radius is much smaller. He's fast but very short. Makes it a tougher throw because the timing and placement has to be perfect.

I gotta hand it to the guys that will cheer and defend no matter what the stats or the big picture show. We are dead last in passing and it should be a major concern to any fan. I want the Bills to win and be a good team just as much as anybody else, but our QB is not playing well. That's just the truth. If we want to be a good team year in and year out, we need to draft and develop a good QB. I think with each passing game we are beginning to see that Tyrod is probably not that guy, unfortunately.

You would think after 11 or 12 years without a QB fans would get this. Nah, we just beat Brissett and Keenum, surely it will work this year!

You would think after 11 or 12 years without a QB fans would get this. Nah, we just beat Brissett and Keenum, surely it will work this year!

actually we just beat

Carson Palmer (yeah the one that went to the NFC Champsionship last year)

Brissett (we didnt just beat them....we skunked them)

Keenum (you mean the QB of the 3-1 rams?)

The bills were not favored to win ANY of these games....lol

actually we just beat

Actually, we were favored to beat the Rams.

In any case, the OP does have a point in that TT has got to be more consistent with his passing. He's doing a great job making some plays and not turning over the football so in that regards he's succeeding. Now we just need him to make the throws that you'd expect your franchise QB to make, which are the everyday routine 7-10 yard passes and connect a little more on those deeper passes like the one he missed with Woods.

actually we just beat

The irony of this post quoting my previous post is just too much.

After an efficient start to his career last year, I had hoped TT would take a step forward this year and prove himself to be a franchise QB.

While I'm enjoying the wins and I do appreciate (1) he's not turning the ball over, (2) he's made some nice plays with his legs, and (3) he has made some key completions, I'm beginning to doubt he'll ever be a top tier QB.

those deeper passes like the one he missed with Woods.

Those require time in the pocket. Did you notice how Tyrod was throwing to Woods off his back foot with DL in his face?

If they're going to execute those plays, the D matchup needs to be favorable (believe it or not, other teams are respecting the deep ball after seeing it last year). Also, it needs to be a well-timed play action or the pass pro needs to hold up.

I'd like Tyrod to audible into play action if he feels the time is right. Try it more often. Tyrod hasn't taken ownership of the offense, yet.

Trying not to wallow, but we are really missing Watkins. TT was one of the best deep passers in the league last year and the connection with Sammy downfield was huge. He hasn't found that with Goodwin, not sure if it's on TT or MG or both (I think it's both). Gotta hope he develops something with Justin Hunter. Can't stretch the field and may not be able to run anymore either pretty soon if the D has no respect for the passing game. I still think he needs to take this shots to Goodwin but they will let him have those all day until they connect.

Tyrod is 6-21 when throwing to Goodwin. That is bad. They definitely need improvement here.

It's nice to see Clay used more and Woods and Powell have kind of disappeared.

Tyrod is 6-21 when throwing to Goodwin. That is bad. They definitely need improvement here.

It's nice to see Clay used more and Woods and Powell have kind of disappeared.

This (and the absence of Watkins) has really killed the deep ball. Watkins dominated the 2nd half of last year. We are missing that

He hasn't found that with Goodwin, not sure if it's on TT or MG or both (I think it's both).

Both to an extent... but mainly Goodwin. He can't track a football. I have been saying it on here for 3 years to guys infatuated wih him because he can run fast - he is not an NFL level receiver.

... after 5 weeks.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&role=TM&offensiveStatisticCategory=TEAM_PASSING&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&season=2016&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=false&Submit=Go

Not complaining about recent wins, however the Bills need to get much more out of the pass game (and QB

play) than last in the league.

I understand Watkins is out, the Bills finished 28th in the same stat. category last year with him.

Bills have almost nothing at receiver and need an upgrade at QB as well.

QB play and the passing game in general are holding this team back: IMO.

no surprise there

better WRs wont matter till we get a better passer.

TT is fun to watch making big runs and big throws but an offense isn't sustainable on homeruns.

Dont worry guys its all Scheme.

When we need Taylor to win ball games and bring us from behind he will.

doubt it

6 passing TDs ain't bad. Only 2 interceptions. 3 wins 2 losses. If we keep on this path we will be 9-6 going into NY Jets. Same role as last year.

How regular season games did Osweiler or Manning win for Denver last year? It comes down to the overall team performance. Look at New England with Brissett.

This is why many informed Bills fans aren't confident in this team. You can't sustain success in this league without a consistent and effective passing game. Can you get lucky, catch a lot of breaks and maybe sneak into the playoffs? Yes, it's possibe, but you better be awfully lucky. Id rather be good then lucky. Unfortunately, the Bills offense is poor and the passing game is ugly. You can't sustain a winning formula with it.

And the most concerning part is Tyrod looks bad. He's making a couple of nice plays with his legs, but he's regressing in the passing game. Abandoning the pocket too quickly, bad footwork and poor accuracy. Was hoping to see a bit of an improvement in all of those categories over last year, and to my eye they all look worse.

I agree to an extent.

This team has been successful the last few games but the way this team wins is unsustainable against the really good teams. No NFL team can be one dimensional and get to the playoffs. This team is predicated on being able to run the ball and they did that very effectively in those last three wins.

Cardinals 32 rushes for 208 yards, 3 TD's. Buffalo averaging 6.5 YPC rushing. The Bills get the lead and then the defense pins it's ears back.

Patriots 32 rushes for 134, 0 TD's The Bills get the lead and the defense shuts out an injured rookie Patriots QB.

LA Rams 27 rushes for 193 yards, 1 TD. McCoy was killing the Rams with an 8.3 YPC AVG. The Bills finished the day with an average of 7.1 yards per rush. The Bills get the lead and pressure on the opposing QB gets a pick 6!

Right now the Bills are playing great because they can run the ball and manage to get the lead which allows the defense to get great pressure on the passer. The Bills are currently #4 in the NFL in sacks and the leading sacker is Bills LBer Lorenzo Alexander with 7 sacks!

Tyrod is doing enough to win games with his legs and arm and most importantly he is not turning the ball over which kills teams. Hopefully, as the season progresses he will continue to develop and get better at his job. The Bills offensive line has done a really good job and the only real drawback to the offense is the limited receiving corps.

Cheers to Rex Ryan in firing Greg Roman and allowing Dennis Thurman to call the defensive plays :worthy:

I am definately concerned.....I mean I must live in a alternate reality were we actually WON the last 3 games

Definate cause for concern

The worst part about that winning streak was that two of those wins were against NFC teams. That really hurts our playoff chances, winning those NFC matchups. 😁

Tyrod's 8-1 when he throws under 200.

His TD/INT on the road is 14/1.

Id like to see better 3rd down % and a little higher comp %, could care less about yards.

PLUS IF WE EVER HOST A PLAYOFF GAME AGAIN I'D RATHER BE A RUNNING TEAM WITH GREAT DEFENSE. CAPS LOCK for style.