Buffalo Bills - rank 32 in passing yards per game

San-O

... after 5 weeks.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&role=TM&offensiveStatisticCategory=TEAM_PASSING&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&season=2016&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=false&Submit=Go

Not complaining about recent wins, however the Bills need to get much more out of the pass game (and QB

play) than last in the league.

I understand Watkins is out, the Bills finished 28th in the same stat. category last year with him.

Bills have almost nothing at receiver and need an upgrade at QB as well.

QB play and the passing game in general are holding this team back: IMO.

3 wins , 2 losses, thats the rank I pay attention to

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The worst part about that winning streak was that two of those wins were against NFC teams. That really hurts our playoff chances, winning those NFC matchups.

Tyrod's 8-1 when he throws under 200.

His TD/INT on the road is 14/1.

Id like to see better 3rd down % and a little higher comp %, could care less about yards.

PLUS IF WE EVER HOST A PLAYOFF GAME AGAIN I'D RATHER BE A RUNNING TEAM WITH GREAT DEFENSE. CAPS LOCK for style.

Fans here want numbers man. Give em stats! Stats win games and are a sustainable winning model of success!!

8 point meltdown. Love the emotion.

Behold! The all-knowing r00tabaga has spoken! TAKE HEED PLEBS!

Simply honored too read observations on how the fans, and forum members all suck

and don't meet ones high standads. Because they dare have differing opinions by somene

who actually other than criticizing others contributes nothing.

Simply honored too read observations on how the fans, and forum members all suck

and don't meet ones high standads. Because they dare have differing opinions by somene

who actually other than criticizing others contributes nothing.

Hopefully your post will help him change his ways.

Correct. Instead of talking about how well we're running the ball, how many turnovers we're generating, how we're protecting the rock ourselves, the amount of sacks, and some are infatuated with is Tyrod's low yardage.

Your okay to disagree. It takes too much work for me to B word about areas for improvement during a huge 3 game streak, I'm sorry.

Correct. Instead of talking about how well we're running the ball, how many turnovers we're generating, how we're protecting the rock ourselves, the amount of sacks, and some are infatuated with is Tyrod's low yardage.

Your okay to disagree. It takes too much work for me to B word about areas for improvement during a huge 3 game streak, I'm sorry.

I think the problem is that some view you and others as being too protective over any sort of criticism towards the Bills. I'm generally positive about the Bills but I do recognize that TT will have to improve his consistency in between the 20's. I also believe that those criticizing him aren't focusing in enough on his ability to manage the football game, not turn it over and make plays during the game in crucial points. Yeah, he missed passes, although there were plenty of drops that were costly, but he made two really nice plays in the red zone that resulted in TD's. Whereas the Rams were in the Redzone often and couldn't make hardly any plays.

Rose colored glasses. They only want to see what they want to see.

I see a QB who, not perfect but any stretch, is doing what's asked of him in this offense. His "lack of abilities" are translating to TWO 6pt losses and THREE double digit wins (opponents were 7-2 combined & two were on the road btw).

This is a team game. We are built like the seahawks right now during their superbowl runs. wilson throwing for around 3200 yards and running for 600 hundred with lynch leading the league in rushing and top defense. Our defense is 5th in scoring so we need to keep that stat up...seahawks i think have done that for 4 years

This is a team game. We are built like the seahawks right now during their superbowl runs. wilson throwing for around 3200 yards and running for 600 hundred with lynch leading the league in rushing and top defense. Our defense is 5th in scoring so we need to keep that stat up...seahawks i think have done that for 4 years

The Ravens and Bucs of years past, Seahawks of a few years ago or even Denver of last years has to be the model. To be honest, I don't believe our defense at this moment matches their production but this should be the model. And make no mistake, with Ragland, Dareus and Shaq we could very well be at that level within the next year or two.

Not sure if anyone read the MMQB article that was the subject of a thread, but a few interesting points

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/10/10/nfl-week-5-buffalo-bills-los-angeles-rams-rex-ryan-anthony-lynn

What has stood out even more is Buffalo’s passing game. True, it’s not electrifying—and it never will be. There’s not enough talent at wide receiver for that, especially with Sammy Watkins now on IR (foot). And even if he had topflight receivers, quarterback Tyrod Taylor lacks the dropback refinement to carve up defenses week in and week out. But the Bills don’t need Taylor to carve up defenses. They just need the 27-year-old to be a sound, steady decision-maker.

Under Lynn, Taylor has changed. His numbers are actually down, but that paints an extremely misleading picture. There’s been a marked clarity in the way he’s worked through his progressions. Lynn, to his credit, is still keeping those progressions fairly straightforward. In fact, Taylor has praised the way there’s more focus on identifying matchups before the snap, as opposed to focusing so much on progressions after it.

Just an interesting perspective on the passing game.

I definitely would like to see it grow (even without Watkins) over the next few games. Looking at the Rams, had Woods not dropped that wide-open pass and had Tyrod put a little less air on the bomb shot, his passing yards would have looked a lot different in that last game... :beer:

This is now the same thread as the other. So I'll repost

Some thoughts. It's very hard to know the true TT because we went on a 3 game winning streak as soon as the OC was fired. Hard to make any conclusions with that in the data. However just some general notes

He/we have Improved at Turnovers, Red Zone TD %, sacks, QBR.

He/we have slightly regressed at completion %, 3rd down %, Passing Yards, Yards per.

Considering we have a very weak WR core, and considering that those first two stats (TO, RZ%) are more correlated with success, I am happy with TT. I am slightly concerned with the 3rd down % but I think its related to the WR at the moment (drops and not getting as open). He has definitely missed some opportunities which is slightly concerning. Yards really need not be mentioned with TT. Its opportunities missed (3rd % mostly). Lastly he is soooo cheap this year, but if he continues this trend I pick up the option. I will continue to measure Tyrod by Turnovers, RD %, 3rd %. So far he's 2 for 3.

The Ravens and Bucs of years past, Seahawks of a few years ago or even Denver of last years has to be the model. To be honest, I don't believe our defense at this moment matches their production but this should be the model. And make no mistake, with Ragland, Dareus and Shaq we could very well be at that level within the next year or two.

I'm not saying we're on their level but if they can keep holding opposing teams to sub 20 points that is plenty to win in this league. shaq and dareus bring potential pro bowl type talent to an already very good unit...that should be great for the stretch run

I think this really just comes down to a couple missed throws. If Tyrod makes the deep throw to Woods and he takes it in for a touchdown, we aren't having this conversation.

With that said, Tyrod can't miss on an overthrow like that.. Woods had his man by almost 5 yards and even an underthrown ball would have probably resulted in a catch or pass interference. Hopefully he makes the adjustment and starts giving his receivers a chance on the deep ball.