No Dareus or Sammy? No problem

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a problem in the long term. W/O Sammy the passing game is very limited and they will need Dareus against more potent offenses like NE, PIT, CIN, and OAK.

Lorax and ZB provided most of the pressure against NE and Ariz. Hughes as well. Dareus may not be involved in Rex's scheme for QB pressure. Running D has held firm without Dareus. I suppose you're right about Sammy but he's out for long term. We'll have to deal with Woods, Hunter and Glass.

Three wins in a row. What say you TBD? Are our "best" defensive (Dareus) and offensive (Sammy) players essential for success?

McCoy is the the Best offensive player on the Bills. Sammy might have him beat on potential, but McCoy is performing on a level that should put him in the MVP discussion... and it's not the first time for him.

Edit... ok why not. I'm going to go there-

Dareus is one of the best 3 technique DTs in the NFL. However within his role in this defense, he can not possibly be the best or most important player, based on my understanding of what he is asked to do and how effectively other guys can do it as compared to him.

I'd be much more concerned about Jerry, lorax and zbrown being on the field than MD99.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Mid-way through the game it looked like not having Dareus was going to cost us. Luckily the Rams shot themselves in the foot a few times (not going for the TD, late-pick-six, fake punt-fail)... But definitely thankful the game played out that way seeing as LA was running at will against the Bills. Dareus will be a much welcomed upgrade to the D.

We need a major upgrade at WR. Aside from Woods, I just don't see anyone else as a significant threat and I just don't think it's wise to rely on Sammy being healthy in order to have a serious aerial attack. The guy is simply injured too much.

I saw someone post about trading picks for Alshon Jeffrey, currently in a contract year. I'm not sure who it is, and maybe the best bet is to wait until the draft, but Goodwin and Hunter aren't the answer and we're favored right now to be 5-2, defense getting better etc.

The Steelers have 5 very good receivers, we need to have at least 3.

The truly remarkable thing about this run is that the Ws have come by 15, 16, and 11 points -- two of them on the road. In a league that prides itself on most games being decided late in the 4th quarter, this is impressive regardless of who is or isn't on the field for both teams.

There is no question MD and SW would make the Bills better, but perhaps they can be pretty darn good anyway.

Three wins in a row. What say you TBD? Are our "best" defensive (Dareus) and offensive (Sammy) players essential for success?

There were multiple times during our win yesterday that called for their specific talents. Are we glad to win without them? Sure. Would we be glad to have them back? Absolutely.

The truly remarkable thing about this run is that the Ws have come by 15, 16, and 11 points -- two of them on the road. In a league that prides itself on most games being decided late in the 4th quarter, this is impressive regardless of who is or isn't on the field for both teams.

There is no question MD and SW would make the Bills better, but perhaps they can be pretty darn good anyway.

Agreed.

It really boils down to the defense playing very well, McCoy running his ass off and Tyrod not turning the ball over.

They are still getting too many penalties (7th most accepted yards in the league) and I'm just glad it hasn't come back to bite us.

Bills are number two in the league for turnover differential, too.

If the run game continues to work and the D keeps playing like they have, then this team can win a lot of games.

Edited by Gugny

Mid-way through the game it looked like not having Dareus was going to cost us. Luckily the Rams shot themselves in the foot a few times (not going for the TD, late-pick-six, fake punt-fail)... But definitely thankful the game played out that way seeing as LA was running at will against the Bills. Dareus will be a much welcomed upgrade to the D.

None of these was shooting themselves in the foot. Going for a FG at that juncture in the game to cut the game to 23-19 is just fine with just under 6 minutes left. The pick six was a great play by NRC. The fake punt is something JF has done many times with success and I credit the Bills for being ready.

No Dareus? No problem. No Watkins? Huge f'ing problem. Losing Salas was actually a bigger problem than people realize. Trotting out Woods, Goodwin and Powell as your 1/2/3 is going to catch up with them very soon. Only hope is that Justin Hunter catches on as your 1 or 2 pronto or they make a trade, which as we know, is very rare midseason. But I can't tell you how much more I'd be buying into this team if they had a healthy Sammy Watkins right now.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

I think we forced LA to go three-and-out all of two times in that game. They marched down the field on us almost every drive. The one thing our defense did fairly effectively was to shut them down in the red zone. But, those were nail biting situations against a team that has had an anemic run game, Kenny Britt as their #1 WR, and Case Keenum under center. The inability to keep opponents from converting is going to hurt us. So, YES, we need a healthy Dareus back.

Offensively, our run game was incredible yesterday. Our passing game was not. I think there is reason for hope. But, just Watkins presence on the field takes pressure of our other receivers. Never was it more evident, IMO, than yesterday how much we miss his presence even beyond his playmaking ability. So, YES, we need Watkins, too.

Dareus is coming back and the DL has done well without him for the most part. But the passing game has absolutely missed Sammy and will continue to do so. No Sammy no problem? Yeah, right. The passing game looks ****ty and that's one reason why

The football gods owe Bills fans so maybe there is a chance that Justin Hunter becomes a legit threat at WR. Frankly it's our only hope.

Edited by YoloinOhio