No Dareus or Sammy? No problem

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far I have heard that Sammy is essential to spread the field and because he commands attention from the opponent's secondary (although the Ravens and Jets obviously didn't give a **** about him). Dareus has to be game planned for because he takes up space at NT ...but haven't we done that adequately (or above average) the past few weeks?? Hmmmm, anyone have a better argument why these two guys should be starters?

Edited by BringBackFergy

So far I have heard that Sammy is essential to spread the field and because he commands attention from the opponent's secondary (although the Ravens and Jets obviously didn't give a **** about him). Dareus has to be game planned for because he takes up space at NT ...but haven't we done that adequately (or above average) the past few weeks?? Hmmmm, anyone have a better argument why these two guys should be starters?

You can make an argument that QBs have no problems with a collapsing pocket without Dareus. We have been fortunate to match up against subpar QB pay last three weeks

I think that it proves that both are expendable.

No one has proven otherwise.

You can make an argument that QBs have no problems with a collapsing pocket without Dareus. We have been fortunate to match up against subpar QB pay last three weeks

I guess we'll see the next 4 weeks (whether Sammy comes back). In the interim, if Dareus comes in on Sunday and we choke vs the Niners because he's doggin' it, then we got some splainin' to do.

Sammy isn't the best offensive player... He might be third best offensive player on this team.

Agree. Im gonna say its obvious Shady is our best Offensive player, with someone on the O Line coming in 2nd.

It's a problem in the long term. W/O Sammy the passing game is very limited and they will need Dareus against more potent offenses like NE, PIT, CIN, and OAK.

This. Those NE, PIT, CIN and OAK games will determine if we can sneak into a WC. We need all the heavy hitters healthy and on deck.

I lost interest in both them. But I do hope Hunter and TT find some precious moments and soon

I am not the worlds biggest Goodwin fan and quite frankly go into partial shock when I see him out there healthy on the field after week 2. I will say this though, he seems to always be open when he is thrown to. If Tyrod would stop missing him by 5 yards every time we would be more impressed by Goodwin.

How many times yesterday did the Rams convert on 3rd & long? Good QBs like Tom Brady and Russell Wilson will tear this defense apart. So, yes, let's please get Dareus out there as soon as possible and stop pretending the Bills are just fine witbout him because they're not.

McCoy is the the Best offensive player on the Bills. Sammy might have him beat on potential, but McCoy is performing on a level that should put him in the MVP discussion... and it's not the first time for him.

Edit... ok why not. I'm going to go there-

Dareus is one of the best 3 technique DTs in the NFL. However within his role in this defense, he can not possibly be the best or most important player, based on my understanding of what he is asked to do and how effectively other guys can do it as compared to him.

I'd be much more concerned about Jerry, lorax and zbrown being on the field than MD99.

You hit the nail on the head. McCoy is the unquestioned leader and most influential player on offense. He does EVERYTHING well. And Dareus, if he were to be a one gapper. He would be awesome and sorely missed. But it seems that the nose. AND brown bros are holding the middle in check.

I am not the worlds biggest Goodwin fan and quite frankly go into partial shock when I see him out there healthy on the field after week 2. I will say this though, he seems to always be open when he is thrown to. If Tyrod would stop missing him by 5 yards every time we would be more impressed by Goodwin.

This... :worthy:

Three wins in a row. What say you TBD? Are our "best" defensive (Dareus) and offensive (Sammy) players essential for success?

Those are talented players. Their absence especially Watkins will be felt sooner or later.

I've seen very little posted about Dareus playing this week. The few things I read suggest he can't even run. So looks like he will be "OUT".

So much for staying in shape for his "team". What a knucklehead. Wondering how a multi-millionaire who had five weeks off (and all the time in the world to work out, lift, jog, stretch in order to "come back with a vengeance" can pull a hamstring??

#megeneration #selfish #disrespectedbyoffer

seconding this, I feel like MG could break out, if TT could get him the ball. One of his catches in particular, he had to turn his whole body around streaking over the middle, if TT leads him, it's an easy TD, as it was, he was barely able to hang on because the throw was behind him and the play ended right there. Then the overthrow down the left sideline last week, last year TT was more accurate on the long ball, it seems like anyways

I've seen very little posted about Dareus playing this week. The few things I read suggest he can't even run. So looks like he will be "OUT".

So much for staying in shape for his "team". What a knucklehead. Wondering how a multi-millionaire who had five weeks off (and all the time in the world to work out, lift, jog, stretch in order to "come back with a vengeance" can pull a hamstring??

It all starts at the top.

#headcoach #nodiscipline

Yeah, I mean, I get where you're going, but if you take it at face value, MD obviously isn't in game shape yet, and overdid it. Hammys can be tricky injuries, and sometimes seem to happen even if you're doing everything right with stretching and so on. My feeling based on my own training is that if I'm spending a lot of time lifting weights, doing squats and hammy curls, but not running, then i tend to hurt my hammys when I start to run again, no matter how much I stretch beforehand. Big guys tend to neglect the aerobic conditioning/running in favor of weight work, at least normal guys, maybe not NFL players. Your point is well taken though, in that especially since MD didn't actually go to rehab, he ought to be in teh best shape of his life, but I have a feeling that he slacked pretty hard and just turned it on a week or two ago