3-2 but Tyrod has had 4 bad games this season

Yeezus

Con: that time he lined up behind the !@#$ing left guard and called for a snap, leading to a near turnover and massive loss of yards.

well at least he was reading the defense on that play. :lol:

No really, I saw the replay on Youtube. Tyrod is so busy reading the defense he forgets to make sure hes lined up properly. It sucks because he had Clay wide open on that play, had that not happened. THEN the guy makes up the yardage and gets the 1st down on his run. Gotta respect that. Thats called having heart. Not a lot of NFL players have it. And dont give me a stupid anatomy joke tasky!

We did one bomb on a third and short along the left sidelines in the third quarter and Taylor overthrew a wide-open Robert Woods (I think it was Woods - was at the game and the replay inconsistency was maddening).

It was Woods. Hes been over throwing the bombs for the past 3 games. Im starting to wonder whats up.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No really, I saw the replay on Youtube. Tyrod is so busy reading the defense he forgets to make sure hes lined up properly. It sucks because he had Clay wide open on that play, had that not happened. THEN the guy makes up the yardage and gets the 1st down on his run. Gotta respect that. Thats called having heart. Not a lot of NFL players have it. And dont give me a stupid anatomy joke tasky!

It was Woods. Hes been over throwing the bombs for the past 3 games. Im starting to wonder whats up.

His WR suck. He overthrew powell last week and woods this week. Run faster forrest.

His WR suck. He overthrew powell last week and woods this week. Run faster forrest.

I bet if Tyrod had Brandon Marshall, Decker, and Enunwa to throw to, people like Barbarian would be all :worthy:

and me and J2theHemet wouldnt have to battle people post Win every week.

Someone like a Drew Brees who can spread the field and get the ball to all of his weapons on offense. Also, a QB who can put the offense on his back and win games in the 4th quarter. That's something the Bills haven't had since Jan 1997. But keep thinking sub-par/mediocre QB's can get the Bills to the playoffs. News flash for you genius, if the Bills can't win the division, then there's only two playoff spots available and sometimes 10-6 is not good enough. Keep thinking scrubs at the QB position can win you 11 games...good luck with that pal!

Disagree. He's an angry elf.

I just can't believe how his accuracy has fallen off........I know his mechanics aren't great but he's f*cking dying out there at times.

He'd be helped a lot by having a bigger WR corps.........he's not a small window passer and the third down throws to Goodwin have been a recipe for a punt........but this year he's missing all kinds of throws he made last year.

This. Particularly worrying is the bolded.

Con: that time he lined up behind the !@#$ing left guard and called for a snap, leading to a near turnover and massive loss of yards.

Haha, at least he made up the yardage a play or two later. That was nuts. We were calling it butt fumble 2.0. :bag:

Oh well, we won so we can joke around about it :lol:

Yes he made a few clutch plays today, but the offense ran thru Shady. It has been now 4 games that Tyrod has flat out played awful in.

Outside the 1st quarter today he is not looking very good, almost seems like he is regressing. Can't convert on 3rd down, holding on to the ball way to long, not throwing it away.

There are plenty games left but right now I would not pay Tyrod 20+mill next season, especially if he plays like this for the remainder of the season and there are good rookie QB's that come out.

He HAS to play better. He is great at not turning the ball over but his inability to convert on 3rd down is hurting the entire team.

Need to see more of the gameplan used against the patriots, quick passes and short dropbacks.

i think this guy is actually Jerry Sullivan. Yeah, TT isn't asked to carry the team. Maybe he's not worth the contract, but what NFL starting QB is? Brock Osweiler? Tannehill? If TT is just average this year, Bills will try to renegotiate the contract down I am sure. But, there are 11 games left. Let's see how those go. He's all we have right now and we won't draft high enough to get a great prospect. That Gillislee TD doesn't happen with any other QB in the league. Can't we just enjoy the team wins?

Yep, his timing is used to Sammy and Goodwin. Instead we've had Woods and Powell. If Sammy were playing that bomb to Woods connects because Sammy is 2 steps faster.

I don't think there's anything wrong with critiquing Tyrod's play, while also praising his good moments, and the fact that the team has won 3 straight games. Our running game and defense have stepped up the last three weeks, and thankfully Tyrod takes care of the ball. But that doesn't mean Tyrod is playing well, overall. He's missing a lot of easy throws, and still slow on decision making. Hopefully he grows some more this year, otherwise we might need to think about another QB to groom (not necessarily replace Tyrod right away, but put some thought into someone else as our 'franchise QB for the future')

I wonder why we never tried a bomb today. Especially with our run success. I'm sure there were plenty of single man opportunities.

Pressure might have had something to do with it I guess. Still would like to see 4-5 deep flies each week.

We did. Diving Wood just past his fingertips.

I don't think there's anything wrong with critiquing Tyrod's play, while also praising his good moments, and the fact that the team has won 3 straight games. Our running game and defense have stepped up the last three weeks, and thankfully Tyrod takes care of the ball. But that doesn't mean Tyrod is playing well, overall. He's missing a lot of easy throws, and still slow on decision making. Hopefully he grows some more this year, otherwise we might need to think about another QB to groom (not necessarily replace Tyrod right away, but put some thought into someone else as our 'franchise QB for the future')

Agree.

He missed some throws but others were on the money and dropped. Let's be accurate here.

I have been a Tyrod guy. There are some things that he does really well. He protects the football. If the Bills want to play this style of offense you need a QB that can run and he does that really well. I also loved the way that they finished those drives yesterday. The defense made a few plays and the Bills made them pay.

There are some concerns to me as well. His accuracy seems to be falling off. The deep ball in particular. Tyrod made a great audible yesterday on the deep ball to Woods and just missed him. To me, I was thrilled to see that type of pre-snap read and adjustment but frustrated that he missed him wide open on a throw that is one of his strengths. I know that the receivers that he has at the moment is at or near the bottom of the league. I was glad to see Clay get involved though.

I could care less how many yards he passes for. That isn't important at all to this team's success. What is important is that he makes the important plays. Yesterday was a mixed bag on that. Tyrod had the big 3rd down run and 2 TD passes (at least one and maybe both were on 3rd down). He missed Woods wide open and Goodwin on a 3rd down. He was a little unlucky too in that the Woods drop and Clay drops were both going to be huge plays. I thought that yesterday though was one of his worst throwing games. The Bills do need to hit some shots deep in order to keep this running game operating like it is.

Edited by Kirby Jackson