Andrew Luck excuse thread 2016

4merper4mer

This!

Luck won't find much success in Indy until the owner fires the current GM and HC. That same GM is the same idiot who traded Jerry Hughes to Buffalo because he was a failed Polian draft pick and he is too stupid to build a proper line, run game and hire a top DC. Luck looked like the next Manning until Arians left for Arizona.

The GM and HC are both terrible there. They let Arians walk and have just been patching holes for years, not really building anything.

The Saints GM is another guy who I can't believe is still employed.

Maybe they can try firing the OC

They fired him last year. This guy is the replacement.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No running game

No defense

Bad coaching

Played best D in the league. Last week, Luck looked great but his defense gave up a million to the freaking lions who turned around and scored 15 vs the Titans and lost.

^This.

Luck is the classic case of a good player on an atrocious team; the Colts are a 1-2 win team without him. Great QBs can hide flaws, but no running game, no line, and a putrid D with so so WRs is not enough. Colts are wasting their Luck...

^This.

Luck is the classic case of a good player on an atrocious team; the Colts are a 1-2 win team without him. Great QBs can hide flaws, but no running game, no line, and a putrid D with so so WRs is not enough. Colts are wasting their Luck...

Matt Hasselbeck says hi from the old folks home. He said it seems like just last year when he won a bunch of games after Luck went down and had them loosely in a playoff hunt.

Edited by 4merper4mer

Why does everyone hate on Andrew Luck? I don't get it. If the bills had like Tom Brady or Big Ben I can understand why some of us would say he needs to improve, but in case you haven't noticed, the bills have not had a franchise quarterback in over 20 years... All he is done is been to the playoffs 4 out of 5 years and been to one AFC championship game at only 27 years old with virtually no talent and terrible coaching around him. What a loser eh?...

Why does everyone hate on Andrew Luck? I don't get it. If the bills had like Tom Brady or Big Ben I can understand why some of us would say he needs to improve, but in case you haven't noticed, the bills have not had a franchise quarterback in over 20 years... All he is done is been to the playoffs 4 out of 5 years and been to one AFC championship game at only 27 years old with virtually no talent and terrible coaching around him. What a loser eh?...

Dude I know the media spoon-feeds this and people eat it like when mom fed them strained carrots at age 2 but seriously?

Been to the playoffs? There are things called divisions in football. The Colts are lucky enough to play in what has been the worst or one of the worst for almost a decade. I think Luck has two playoff wins IIRC. One where the Chiefs smashed them around then handed the game to them with 400 second half turnovers and one where they beat the perennial playoff powerhouse the Bengals. When they got in real games Luck threw about a million interceptions.

The season opener against an average Bills team last year is a game almost all of us probably saw. He was healthy playing against a defense that has more than proven itself as terrible and yet he was overmatched badly. Most don't see him every week yet repeat the mantra of how great he is/will be. Even after giving of 40% of the defensive touchdowns IN THE LEAGUE yesterday he is above criticism.

Please think for yourself.

Edited by 4merper4mer

Even after giving of 40% of the defensive touchdowns IN THE LEAGUE yesterday he is above criticism.

Who said he's above criticism? Yeah, he had a bad game. But you're not just talking about the game yesterday, you're appearing to say he's a bad QB, overall. That just isn't the case. If you keep persisting with this you'll get push back. And it's not because people can't "think for themselves."

I've watched Luck a lot. He's a QB who ends up making more mistakes than he should because he tries to do too much, but I can't really fault him for it. If he played it safe and just "did his part" the team would have almost no chance to win. That is a bad team overall. Horrible OL. Decimated in the secondary by injury and a bad defense in general, even before the injuries. How you can put the L's on Luck is beyond me.

A good QB can not do it all himself, despite what you might have heard from the experts. Try thinking for yourself :nana:

Edited by MDH

SDS ran out of storage for last year's excuses, so please put 2016's here.

So far Kim Jung QB is 0-2. There were 5 defensive or special teams touchdowns in the entire league yesterday. 40% of them were gifts from the impervious one.

I would take luck over any qb we've had in the last 10-15,maybe 20-25 yrs. That team is a no talent piece of crap. He can't throw it and catch it, he can't hand it off and block at the same time. Even Elway needed an actual team around him to win consistently. I'll take luck any day.

I don't think they hate the guy so much as the fawning hype around the guy. When he came to the NFL people acted like he descended from heaven ready to win titles. When reality sets in people can't stop themselves with the "I told you so's."

I would take luck over any qb we've had in the last 10-15,maybe 20-25 yrs. That team is a no talent piece of crap. He can't throw it and catch it, he can't hand it off and block at the same time. Even Elway needed an actual team around him to win consistently. I'll take luck any day.

And this is the irony. Make Luck a Bill and he probably plays like every other sad sack QB we've had.

SDS ran out of storage for last year's excuses, so please put 2016's here.

So far Kim Jung QB is 0-2. There were 5 defensive or special teams touchdowns in the entire league yesterday. 40% of them were gifts from the impervious one.

Personally, I've always thought Luck is Exhibit C (LuCk) for why drafting a "franchise" QB is not sufficient to turn a franchise around: you need to put a team around him, and you need good coaching.

Exhibit "A" would be StAfford and Exhibit "B" would be, well, You know: the Vike's new QB.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

Who said he's above criticism? Yeah, he had a bad game. But you're not just talking about the game yesterday, you're appearing to say he's a bad QB, overall. That just isn't the case. If you keep persisting with this you'll get push back. And it's not because people can't "think for themselves."

I've watched Luck a lot. He's a QB who ends up making more mistakes than he should because he tries to do too much, but I can't really fault him for it. If he played it safe and just "did his part" the team would have almost no chance to win. That is a bad team overall. Horrible OL. Decimated in the secondary by injury and a bad defense in general, even before the injuries. How you can put the L's on Luck is beyond me.

A good QB can not do it all himself, despite what you might have heard from the experts. Try thinking for yourself :nana:

Promo nails it when he says everyone acted like he descended from heaven.

I'm not saying he is a completely terrible bad QB. I'm saying the hype was and is faaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrr beyond the reality. He is always always always on a "top QB" list from any of the media giants but he has no results either as a team or as an individual that merit that. The team played better last year with Matt Hasselbeck, a 40-something now retired career decent QB, than with Luck. That is a fact. Meanwhile people "have their doubts" about guys like Wilson, Palmer, Eli and others who have done as much if not far more than Luck.

Every time he loses or does something poorly there is an outpouring of excuses and this thread has already shown that. Last year's thread did too. It's only football but this cult of personality thing is unhealthy.

FWIW I don't really think he brings any of this on himself. He appears to be a genuine and humble guy off the field and I have never seen him seem arrogant. From everything I've seen the kid say and how he approaches things I'd bet his self review would more resemble my thoughts than it would the kiss ups at the networks.

Dude I know the media spoon-feeds this and people eat it like when mom fed them strained carrots at age 2 but seriously?

Been to the playoffs? There are things called divisions in football. The Colts are lucky enough to play in what has been the worst or one of the worst for almost a decade. I think Luck has two playoff wins IIRC. One where the Chiefs smashed them around then handed the game to them with 400 second half turnovers and one where they beat the perennial playoff powerhouse the Bengals. When they got in real games Luck threw about a million interceptions.

The season opener against an average Bills team last year is a game almost all of us probably saw. He was healthy playing against a defense that has more than proven itself as terrible and yet he was overmatched badly. Most don't see him every week yet repeat the mantra of how great he is/will be. Even after giving of 40% of the defensive touchdowns IN THE LEAGUE yesterday he is above criticism.

Please think for yourself.

Think for myself? Lol, I can guarantee I watch more football than you, and this is based on my own opinion not the media's. I don't listen to those idiots. If you disagree with me and think Luck isn't good, fair enough everyone has their own opinions. But don't tell me to think for myself when I have seen him play pretty much every single week since his rookie year

Edited by billsfan11

Think for myself? Lol, I can guarantee I watch more football than you, and this is based on my own opinion not the media's. I don't listen to those idiots. If you disagree with me and think Luck isn't good, fair enough everyone has their own opinions. But don't tell me to think for myself when I have seen him play pretty much every single week since his rookie year

You're entitled to your own opinion of course. Your original defense of Luck was that

A. The Bills have had QBs that are worse so we can't say anything and

B. Luck has made the playoffs a lot

A. Luck's career has very little to do with the Bills. We have not had good QBs but that has no bearing on whether he is Joe Montana or Ryan Leaf or anywhere in between. Not a good argument. The only thing the Bills would have to do with it at all would be when Rex made him look like an idiot last year. If Rex makes you look like an idiot, well..... Even with that though, the Bills QBs have zero to do with anything.

B. You did notice that he plays in a division featuring the Texans, Titans and Jags right?

It's fine to defend him as some sort of great QB but at offer something about him. I'm sure you can understand based on your last argument why I thought you were just parting the media.