0-3=Manuel as the week 4 starter

Estelle Getty

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ridiculous. TT is off to a bad start, but the only thing to do is see if he can dig out of it and be an NFL QB. This is essentially going to be a two year ( counting last season) audition for Taylor. The contract structure dictates that. EJM already had his " audition" , and failed. His appearances in relief of TT in 2015 gave no indication he has any shot as starting QB. That ship has sailed. Jones is a project with many years ahead of him and no need to get a look at him any time soon this season.

Well, one year the AFC QBs were Matt Schaub and David Garrard. So I think he means that it doesn't really mean anything.

EDIT: oh, and the year after that Matt Cassel.

Okay...So it doesn't mean he sucks. But it also doesn't mean he doesn't suck.

I think that is a fair assessment that most of the NFL would agree with.

Ask the guys who get voted there what they think or the people who voted for them. Maybe they voted for them because they think that player sucks.

You don't get voted there because you played bad football that year. It doesn't mean you are going to be a hall of fame player, but for god's sake, its not a knock against you when your peers vote you as one of the best.

Edited by PolishDave

You better believe if the Bills lose to AZ at home next week Manuel will start week 4 at New England. The chaos will then have come full circle. Perhaps Whaleys parting gift to the Biils was signing Tyrod to a contract where we no longer need to have any ties to him after this year. Buddy Nix and Whaley were hell bent on finding the Bills a QB during their combined 7 year tenure with the Bills. Now their hand picked qbs will both be following them out the door after this season.

You've consistently been wrong - so "you better believe" flies right out the window.

I see no benefit in playing EJ. The season will be dead at 0-4, we need to get as much evidence on TT as possible and if he does continue to faceplant and ownership or the front office are going to mandate a Quarterback change then the change they should mandate is getting a look at a bit of Cardale.

EJ has no future here. He was here this year to be an experienced backup who kmows the playbook should we be in the mix and Taylor get injured. If the season is dead and you pull Tyrod going to EJ makes no sense.

You better believe if the Bills lose to AZ at home next week Manuel will start week 4 at New England. The chaos will then have come full circle. Perhaps Whaleys parting gift to the Biils was signing Tyrod to a contract where we no longer need to have any ties to him after this year. Buddy Nix and Whaley were hell bent on finding the Bills a QB during their combined 7 year tenure with the Bills. Now their hand picked qbs will both be following them out the door after this season.

I better believe, or what?

Not going to happen. If the current scenario is that Tyrod was somehow being held back by poor game planning and game management, Lynn will get at least 2 or 3 games to turn the bus around before sitting the QB who is getting the big bucks. Tyrod starts unless he's hurt. If the O is still impotent in week 8, then maybe.

Some of you guys are ABSOLUTELY CRAZY! Do you not watch the NFL? You think a coach who is on his last leg who just fired his OC isn't going to think about starting his backup if he starts 0-3?

Some of you just like to hear yourself argue. To think there is no logic to my OP is nuts.

Some of you guys are ABSOLUTELY CRAZY! Do you not watch the NFL? You think a coach who is on his last leg who just fired his OC isn't going to think about starting his backup if he starts 0-3?

Some of you just like to hear yourself argue. To think there is no logic to my OP is nuts.

Rex is a Tyrod guy through and through.

I'll have what she's having

Probably 0-5 or 0-6 would be the time to bench Tyrod. He wasn't all that bad against the Jets. His short passing game and mid range game has struggled but that could be more of an issue with the play calling and the rhythm of the offense. I'd personally like to see them give Tyrod the whole season to sink or swim. EJ is the backup and will likely walk in free agency to try to go to a team where he can compete for the starting gig.

I did like the one pass EJ threw on Thursday night. He looked good throwing outside the numbers on that one pass.

Sorry dude....not happening.

EJ might play because Tyrod gets hurt.......we were a hairs breath away from it in the last game when the DL sandwiched and went into concussion protocal

but he wont get pulled for performance