0-3=Manuel as the week 4 starter

Estelle Getty

You better believe if the Bills lose to AZ at home next week Manuel will start week 4 at New England. The chaos will then have come full circle. Perhaps Whaleys parting gift to the Biils was signing Tyrod to a contract where we no longer need to have any ties to him after this year. Buddy Nix and Whaley were hell bent on finding the Bills a QB during their combined 7 year tenure with the Bills. Now their hand picked qbs will both be following them out the door after this season.

Every day we have one of these. Taylors not going to ride the pine for EJ for many reasons.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what is worse, your arithmetic or your memory. If it's your memory go back and look at film before you post, and if it's your arithmetic ask your kids for help. I've got 14 pts last game via the air.

0-2 Jack. Work on your own memory. You know what my stats are from, there's only been 2 games this season.

Lets see if 0-5 does it for ya. Can't wait to watch halfrod miss 5 yard routes by miles some more. It's over, he's lost.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

You better believe if the Bills lose to AZ at home next week Manuel will start week 4 at New England. The chaos will then have come full circle. Perhaps Whaleys parting gift to the Biils was signing Tyrod to a contract where we no longer need to have any ties to him after this year. Buddy Nix and Whaley were hell bent on finding the Bills a QB during their combined 7 year tenure with the Bills. Now their hand picked qbs will both be following them out the door after this season.

Is that you BF4E? :)

Ridiculous. TT is off to a bad start, but the only thing to do is see if he can dig out of it and be an NFL QB. This is essentially going to be a two year ( counting last season) audition for Taylor. The contract structure dictates that. EJM already had his " audition" , and failed. His appearances in relief of TT in 2015 gave no indication he has any shot as starting QB. That ship has sailed. Jones is a project with many years ahead of him and no need to get a look at him any time soon this season.

I can't remember, but did EJ have the full compliment of weapons when he subbed for Tyrod last year? The book is out on Tyrod. He can't/won't utilize the middle of the field. I'm in the Estelle camp and to quote Donald J Trump "What do you got to lose!"

I completely disagree that they would sit TT but when he signed that new contract I had a feeling in my gut when he was set to get $27 mil next year in salary and bonuses I felt like they are grooming Cardale to be the starter next year

I kind of agree. But there is no "they" anymore as "they" will all be gone except the cockroach russ brandon.

I can't remember, but did EJ have the full compliment of weapons when he subbed for Tyrod last year? The book is out on Tyrod. He can't/won't utilize the middle of the field. I'm in the Estelle camp and to quote Donald J Trump "What do you got to lose!"

Why turn to a guy that most likely won't be on the roster and certainly won't be your 2017 starter? You gain absolutely nothing by starting him. If he plays because of injury it's one thing but if they decide at some point late in the year that "Tyrod isn't the guy" they'll turn to Cardale to see if he is. They are 100% convinced that EJ isn't that guy and can't be that guy. He's a backup.

Why turn to a guy that most likely won't be on the roster and certainly won't be your 2017 starter? You gain absolutely nothing by starting him. If he plays because of injury it's one thing but if they decide at some point late in the year that "Tyrod isn't the guy" they'll turn to Cardale to see if he is. They are 100% convinced that EJ isn't that guy and can't be that guy. He's a backup.

He is a backup.

But it's not that crazy.

TT really has sucked this year. Last game being amazingly poor. And heck i really like the guy. His drop off mystifies me to be honest. But he sucks right now. And to the point he might be losing the team ( receivers ) confidence quickly.

We have seen that before

I'm sure you know I mean "unable to play".... The substitution in the Jets game was not a team decision

No.

I mean i think he is playing so bad, if the chance came up to put EJ in, they may not be so quick to pull him back.

EJM has very quietly improved ( not to a starter level ) but TT regression has been dynamic. Another game like last two weeks and i will wonder wtf happened.

I am not at all giving up on TT. But something aint right . we shall see if it was Roman i guess.

Who gives the Bills the best chance to win is what it comes down to.

I buy the logic that if TT is to be discarded/not allowed to finish the contract, then Cardale is the logical starter. But, in what world is REX back if TT screws it up that bad..........and REX has no incentive, then, to play Cardale. So, I am think TT is it for this season baring injury. TT has a ways to go, I have been diappointed in his short throws this year, did not notice that problem last year. He still throws a credible long ball however....that part is NFL arm all the way. I hate to say it....but TT reminds me of JP Losman in the inability to do the short routes. I do think TT has a better head than JP, though. (he would have to, actually) The parallels even go to the point that both are/were model citizens....of course, so is EJ.

Only if we are in full tank mode and we definetly don't want to win a game. Then play him. EJ guarantees us 0-16.

There is no other reason to play him. He already cost one offensive coach his job, now the entire staff?

Rex and Whaley should just resign, if it gets to that point.

If they think Trod had regressed to the point of no return, play CJ and pray for a miracle. The Season will be shot by then.

Imo

He is a backup.

But it's not that crazy.

TT really has sucked this year. Last game being amazingly poor. And heck i really like the guy. His drop off mystifies me to be honest. But he sucks right now. And to the point he might be losing the team ( receivers ) confidence quickly.

We have seen that before

No.

I mean i think he is playing so bad, if the chance came up to put EJ in, they may not be so quick to pull him back.

EJM has very quietly improved ( not to a starter level ) but TT regression has been dynamic. Another game like last two weeks and i will wonder wtf happened.

I am not at all giving up on TT. But something aint right . we shall see if it was Roman i guess.

Who gives the Bills the best chance to win is what it comes down to.

Like his last two??? 297 2 TD 1 INT, 9.9 per attempt and a QBR north of 112.... Apparently we have didfering opinions of playing like trash.... I'm not trying to open up a garbage time debate or anything.... Play calling was horrible, and at times TT's execution was.... But that stat line alone is respectable

They aren't pulling TT for performance. They certainly aren't pulling him for EJ. EJ Manuel has zero chance of ever being the Bills long-term starter. He may start a game or 2 due to injury. They aren't pulling TT for EJ (ever).

Worst case, TT gets hurt, EJ comes in, he looks like good EJ, people go nuts, and we win a couple games. Just enough to keep us from drafting the Franchise QB next spring. That would make me ill.

Only if we are in full tank mode and we definetly don't want to win a game. Then play him. EJ guarantees us 0-16.

There is no other reason to play him. He already cost one offensive coach his job, now the entire staff?

Rex and Whaley should just resign, if it gets to that point.

If they think Trod had regressed to the point of no return, play CJ and pray for a miracle. The Season will be shot by then.

Imo

Just curious, when did he cost a coach his job? Can't remember anyone being fired because of his play.