Buffalo Bills Fire Offensive Coordinator Greg Roman

26CornerBlitz

31 points against a good D , I would not put the blame on Roman

To be fair the offense played horrible unlike the points would suggest. 7 were on defense and another 7 was when the Jets were protecting the lead. Two long bomb TD's and the rest was really awful play.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not the least bit up in arms about Roman being fired instead of Wrex. It's a given that Wrex is done here anyway.

And really, Wrex shouldn't be allowed to exit so early. He deserves to stew in the gutter for a while.

This is just step one.

Edited by HoF Watkins

I gotta say, this is one of the most transparent scapegoat firings in recent memory.

Honestly, had they done this after week 1, few would argue...but after letting Fitzpatrick hang 37 points on you...seems pretty obvious Rex is scared. I'd expect the blame game to continue as the losses pile on.

I don't see how it's a scapegoat firing, the offense has legitimately sucked. We came within one down of being shut out last week. 31 points this week is incredibly deceptive, as 7 were off a broken play, 7 were from the defense, and 7 were in garbage time. Slightly more credit for the bomb to Goodwin. But we scored 3 points off of "normal" drives.

The defense was actually playing pretty good in the first quarter. They were most likely worn down by the 2:1 TOP disadvantage that stems from a completely incompetent offense that can't pick up first downs.

First random article i clicked on regarding Roman and the 49ers... Does this not sound familiar at all? Is it CK and TT, or is it Roman???

Quarterback Colin Kaepernick has drawn plenty of criticism, but CBS Sports Network analyst Chris Simms believes he’s been hurt by what he terms unimaginative passing schemes. Simms, 34, is a former quarterback who played parts of five seasons in the NFL.

“I would say (the 49ers have) one of the least creative passing schemes that I watch on film in a week-in, week-out basis,” Simms said. “The concepts are very simple. I don’t see a lot of new stuff from week to week.”

That said, Simms is also baffled by the fact that the 49ers’ passing attack doesn’t include some old staples, most notably short passes he thinks would help Kaepernick establish a rhythm.

“I don’t see wide receiver screens,” Simms said. “I don’t see running back screens. Very rarely are there easy slam-dunk completions, which are a part of any really good offense. It’s always 'Hey, it’s 3rd-and-9, Colin, can you throw a 100 mph strike for us 30 yards downfield?’ That’s what I feel they often ask of him.”

Edited by dneveu

My Take On Roman Fired: "changing coordinators during the season will do nothing to help the development Tyrod Taylor or the offense as a whole. "

Newsflash!!! The "development" of Tyrod is meaningless at this point. It's all over for him after this season. From this point on, the season is about cleaning up the mess.

If that is really what the organizations thinks it would be a sad indictment of extreme ineptitude. I personally don't believe TT has what it takes to be a franchise QB. However, he was given a new contract albeit one with opt outs for the team. If two games really has convinced them that he is not the future after extending him, the front office has no clue. You just can't go from thinking he could be the future during the offseason to two bad games convincing you he's garbage.

I don't see how it's a scapegoat firing, the offense has legitimately sucked. We came within one down of being shut out last week. 31 points this week is incredibly deceptive, as 7 were off a broken play, 7 were from the defense, and 7 were in garbage time. Slightly more credit for the bomb to Goodwin. But we scored 3 points off of "normal" drives.

The defense was actually playing pretty good in the first quarter. They were most likely worn down by the 2:1 TOP disadvantage that stems from a completely incompetent offense that can't pick up first downs.

the Jets went up and down the field against us and scored on their first 4 possessions. The defense did not play well at all.

Most the flack he got in SF was for his play calling in the red zone, they were something like 30th, 15th, 15th, 29th in his four seasons. I looked it up a few days ago. That's with a talented group and an ideal RZ back in Gore.

As I said earlier I think last nights 4th and 1 debacle brought the word "embarrassing" into the discussion and when that's coming from the big dog your time is up. He is the scapegoat in which seems to be a last minute effort to right the season. My guess is we will see more news shortly on the player front.

Doncha think it's a little puzzling that the Bills fired their OC who last season oversaw the best performance by a Bills offense in DVOA SINCE 1999?!?

First random article i clicked on regarding Roman and the 49ers... Does this not sound familiar at all? Is it CK and TT, or is it Roman???

Quarterback Colin Kaepernick has drawn plenty of criticism, but CBS Sports Network analyst Chris Simms believes he’s been hurt by what he terms unimaginative passing schemes. Simms, 34, is a former quarterback who played parts of five seasons in the NFL.

“I would say (the 49ers have) one of the least creative passing schemes that I watch on film in a week-in, week-out basis,” Simms said. “The concepts are very simple. I don’t see a lot of new stuff from week to week.”

That said, Simms is also baffled by the fact that the 49ers’ passing attack doesn’t include some old staples, most notably short passes he thinks would help Kaepernick establish a rhythm.

“I don’t see wide receiver screens,” Simms said. “I don’t see running back screens. Very rarely are there easy slam-dunk completions, which are a part of any really good offense. It’s always 'Hey, it’s 3rd-and-9, Colin, can you throw a 100 mph strike for us 30 yards downfield?’ That’s what I feel they often ask of him.”

That's not really borne out by either the facts or Kaep's post-Roman performance.

Edited by dave mcbride

Quarterback Colin Kaepernick has drawn plenty of criticism, but CBS Sports Network analyst Chris Simms believes hes been hurt by what he terms unimaginative passing schemes. Simms, 34, is a former quarterback who played parts of five seasons in the NFL.

I would say (the 49ers have) one of the least creative passing schemes that I watch on film in a week-in, week-out basis, Simms said. The concepts are very simple. I dont see a lot of new stuff from week to week.

That said, Simms is also baffled by the fact that the 49ers passing attack doesnt include some old staples, most notably short passes he thinks would help Kaepernick establish a rhythm.

Look up Greg Berdard's comments from last year about Roman, he is an SI guy and breaks down film. He was laughing about our offense and said it was the most elementary attack in the modern day NFL.