Buffalo Bills Fire Offensive Coordinator Greg Roman

26CornerBlitz

Dunno if it's been mentioned but is it possible that the offenses inability to convert third downs/sustain long drives gassed the defense? The TOP spread was way lopsided last night.

Of course, but people are too busy memeing about 37 points allowed / fire OC to discuss the fact that the offense has been worse than the defense, on the whole, so far.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man Ol' Rexy really laid a smoke show when he arrived on the scene. I bought it hook line and sinker at first but after a few games I caught on to his schtick. Now he's just pathetic and i'm ready to be rid of him.

When he said this would be his last coaching job he knew he'd have $25 mil extra in the bank afterwards no matter how it turned out. He managed to line the pockets of most of his friends/brother along the way the last two years, including old players and coaches. Everyone got some of Terry Pegulas money. Pegula should be pissed and be looking for answers, unfortunately Rex fed him some more BS and fired Roman.

Next time he won't be so lucky but he will be just as rich.

That's the other thing.

It would be a travesty to allow Wrex to slip away on vacation, so soon in this debacle. If he were fired today, he could be on the beach in the Carribbean by tomorrow afternoon. I wanna see him squirm for his paycheck. I wanna see him fully exposed as a fraud. I wanna see stupid gimmicks in blowout losses. Idiotic challenges. Can't wait for "lie down in the endzone for the kick-off" type nonsense.

He deserves way more public humiliation, before he collect his millions.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Looking at Anthony Lynn's resume :huh: , what am I missing ?

You must have missed this entry under "Other Competencies"

• Proficient in Microsoft Office
  • Reads two national newspapers daily
  • Voted by NY Jets Coaching Staff Colleagues as "Most Likely to Follow Gravitational Pull of Rex's Fat Ass and Kiss It ,Wherever That May Take Him, Even If It Is Buffalo"

The D last night looked like a carbon copy of Robby's NO's D last year which got him fired during the season. While I think firing GRo was stupid, it's not likely to make much of a difference with the O as Lynn cannot possibly install a competely new one at this point, given the limitations of the line and the QBs. But NOT firing Rob about condemns the D to wretchedness for the rest of the season.

That's the other thing.

It would be a travesty to allow Wrex to slip away on vacation, so soon in this debacle. If he were fired today, he could be on the beach in the Carribbean by tomorrow afternoon. I wanna see him squirm for his paycheck. I wanna see him fully exposed as a fraud. I wanna see stupid gimmicks in blowout losses. Idiotic challenges. Can't wait for "lie down in the endzone for the kick-off" type nonsense.

He deserves way more public humiliation, before he collect his millions.

Did Wrecks burn down your house as a kid or something. Jeez I want him gone too, but..........

Did Wrecks burn down your house as a kid or something. Jeez I want him gone too, but..........

No, he ruined my hometown football team. He sold the fans snake oil, and made the new owner, and fans look like rubes.

I don't want him hurt, or sick, or something terrible to happen to him. I want him to face the problems he has created, not slip away after game 2 of the season with a massive amount of money.

Edited by HoF Watkins

When your defense is on the field 40 minutes I'm sure it tends to make you tired. Gilmore was also absolutely pathetic.

Here's the thing:

First 8:19 of game: Jets ball.

Next 1.25: Bills quick strike TD.

Next 5:16: Jets ball.

Basically, the Jets had the ball for roughly 14 minutes to the Bills one minute (one fourth of the game) and the Bills offense did nothing wrong! In fact, they scored a picture perfect TD on a beautiful throw!

Over the rest of the half, the Bills had it for 8:48 (three possessions) and Jets had it for 6:14 (also 3 possessions).

The point is, the Bills D made their own bed. You can't lay that craptastic performance on the offense.

Edited by dave mcbride

I'm not saying that the Bills offense didn't have major flaws last night - they did! - but they rolled up more yards against the Jets defense than any offense the Jets faced going back to game 8 of last season. Also, no team scored more points in a game against the Jets defense than the Bills 24 last night (I'm not giving them credit for the defensive TD) going back to game 7 of last season.

Context, fellas.

Edited by dave mcbride

This reminds me of the old Star Trek episodes when the guy

who you did not recognize as a regular cast member, and you knew that

Kirk was going to say "Damn it Jim, he's dead." It sucks when you are not

a family member or regular to the Rex Ryan show cause YOU are

one to go (no matter how good an actor/coach you are.)

I'm not saying that the Bills offense didn't have major flaws last night - they did! - but they rolled up more yards against the Jets defense than any offense the Jets faced going back to game 8 of last season. Also, no team scored more points in a game against the Jets defense than the Bills 24 last night (I'm not giving them credit for the defensive TD) going back to game 7 of last season.

Context, fellas.

I was at the game last night and what you said couldn't be farther from the truth. The offense may have had more yards but they were just two big plays. That's it. It was the most boring offense to watch.

The defense on the other hand was AMAZING on 1st and 2nd down for the majority of the game but was the worst 3rd down defense i ever seen the Bills have.

Overall they both sucked but if I had to say which one played better than the other, the defense played better. They forced 3 fumbles and returned one for a TD.

I was at the game last night and what you said couldn't be farther from the truth. The offense may have had more yards but they were just two big plays. That's it. It was the most boring offense to watch.

The defense on the other hand was AMAZING on 1st and 2nd down for the majority of the game but was the worst 3rd down defense i ever seen the Bills have.

Overall they both sucked but if I had to say which one played better than the other, the defense played better. They forced 3 fumbles and returned one for a TD.

Did you happen to watch the Jets defense much last year? I did -- I live in NYC. They were elite.

Here's the thing:

First 8:19 of game: Jets ball.

Next 1.25: Bills quick strike TD.

Next 5:16: Jets ball.

Basically, the Jets had the ball for roughly 14 minutes to the Bills one minute (one fourth of the game) and the Bills offense did nothing wrong! In fact, they scored a picture perfect TD on a beautiful throw!

Over the rest of the half, the Bills had it for 8:48 (three possessions) and Jets had it for 6:14 (also 3 possessions).

The point is, the Bills D made their own bed. You can't lay that craptastic performance on the offense.

Don't confuse us with the Facts, man! You could point out in addition that the first Jets drive was kept alive when a Hughes sack on 3rd and 11 was nullified by defensive holding on Gilmore after only 3 minutes, and the second Jets drive was kept alive on 3rd and 5 by DPI on Darby.

I'm not upset about firing Roman. There has been enough murmuring from guys who know football about his offensive designs and how heavily dependent they were upon play action and the running game.

But you're absolutely right, if the D can't stop a drive and allows the opponents to oppose their will for more than half the 1st quarter, there's nothing wrong with the O seizing an opportunity and making a quick strike and it's on the D to stop the subsequent drive, not the O to avoid scoring quickly.

Context, fellas.

thats the thing - we knew this was going to be a tough game against a very possible playoff team. it ended up rough, but its not like we got beat up by a terrible team.

that doesnt make it ok - but i think because we beat them last year a lot here didnt realize how well they played for much of the season.