Vikings trade for Bradford

Kirby Jackson

Omg!!! What an awful, awful, awful, awful trade! How does Bradford still have value!!!

Fact: Shaun Hill is not that much worse than Bradford. And certainly not a 1st round pick and another pick.

This is one of the worse trades in NFL history. Congrats to the Eagles for destroying Minnesota. I feel bad for their fans.

I've got to agree with this. Only thing I can figure is they feel they can go deep into the playoffs with some semblance of a passing game to compliment Adrian who is still a beast. But man, thats still a kings ransom. Good luck to the Vikes, I'm bummed about Teddy. I like the kid.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I wonder about Teddy returning at all due to the injuries ?

oops, did not see your post Doug.

I think this is quite possible

yep, and I only say this from what they sacrificed to get bradford. It has all the feelings of "we are moving on from teddy bridgewater". They probably think this could end up like a RG3 at best and they rather rebuild now with new QB.

yep, and I only say this from what they sacrificed to get bradford. It has all the feelings of "we are moving on from teddy bridgewater". They probably think this could end up like a RG3 at best and they rather rebuild now with new QB.

It has the feel of a panic button to me. They just found out how bad the injuries are to that knee, perhaps ?

I wonder if they tried for Chase Daniel first?

Why do teams keep giving up high draft picks for Sam Bradford?

It's been a mystery for the ages.

It has the feel of a panic button to me. They just found out how bad the injuries are to that knee, perhaps ?

I wonder if they tried for Chase Daniel first?

It's been a mystery for the ages.

It does feel panic but the injury report pretty much said this was one of the worst injuries seen in awhile. The kneecap dislocated with a full ACL tear. It sounds like he is gonna need a full blown ACL reconstruction, and with meniscal tear and patella tear that could require a repair. this is a devastating injury and im sure they are hiding some information from us. The reason I'm suspecting more injuries as the kneecap came dislocated and usually the patella and meniscal become damaged(not sure of what extent) but everything sounds like his career could be over.

Edited by DougTheBug

the Vikings called Whaley and said "we want EJ" and then everyone had a good laugh about it and then they said "just kidding, we aren't that desperate or stupid, we are going to give up a 1st and 4th for Sam Bradford."

Why don't you try to prank that delusion to see if you are certifiable or just plain nuts?

Just for reference, I have been listening to Philly sports radio the past few weeks. To them, the idea of a successful season was Bradford playing well enough to get a 3rd or 4th round pick, maybe a 2nd if they were lucky.

To get a first and conditional fourth is way, way, way beyond what anyone expected to get for him.

It does feel panic but the injury report pretty much said this was one of the worst injuries seen in awhile. The kneecap dislocated with a full ACL tear. It sounds like he is gonna need a full blown ACL reconstruction, and with meniscal tear and patella tear that could require a repair. this is a devastating injury and im sure they are hiding some information from us. The reason I'm suspecting more injuries as the kneecap came dislocated and usually the patella and meniscal become damaged(not sure of what extent) but everything sounds like his career could be over.

When the injury was in early reporting, folks said it was likely just season ending.

Told a buddy at work, i would not be surprised it is worse and maybe much worse.

So I agree with you on that point for sure.

The reason i say panic is , what all Vikes gave up.

i thought they would be grabbing a Back to Hill, not a starter !

Why do teams keep giving up high draft picks for Sam Bradford?

They probably feel they are going to be the ones to unlock his potential and get him to live up to his #1 overall draft pick status...but they never do...he is who he is at this point...a middle of the road at best QB in the NFL.

The fantasy of what Bradford could be gets in the way of them seeing what Bradford really is.

Edited by matter2003

Just for reference, I have been listening to Philly sports radio the past few weeks. To them, the idea of a successful season was Bradford playing well enough to get a 3rd or 4th round pick, maybe a 2nd if they were lucky.

To get a first and conditional fourth is way, way, way beyond what anyone expected to get for him.

Why don't you try to prank that delusion to see if you are certifiable or just plain nuts?

If you turn this humor around,

Philly might be "just that stupid" in giving up a 1st and 4th.

I thought kdiggz was pretty funny

The only thing is in our overreacting society, those Qbs will get immediately written off as busts if they struggle (which 99% of rookie Qbs do).

I think they should start Case and Daniel until they are clearly not going anywhere. Philly will eat Wentz alive.

And this tweet is exactly how the trade talks went: https://mobile.twitter.com/_JohnGonz/status/772091571822956545

I agree, I think it is a very bad idea to throw Wentz to the wolves this early. Didn't he miss much of the preseason and he IS a rookie from a lower level college program. It can work out if they manage it like the Ravens did with Flacco - don't rely on the rookie QB to make many plays - just ask him to be conservative and avoid mistakes.

Can you imagine the heat on Wentz if he throws a couple picks and they lose to the Browns next week? There could be death threats

I think the price is too high for Bradford, an oft- injured curiosity that has never lived up to his draft status. But he said he wanted out of Philly after they drafted Wentz, and I get where Minnesota is coming from. They made the playoffs last year and took Seattle to the brink. Starting Shaun Hill negates any advantage in having AP. I'm not convinced that Bradford is a good QB, but he's bite than Hill and with the Vikes roster around him , it just may work. The Vikes organization just wasn't going to raise the white flag after Bridgewater went down. There's something admirable about that, even if they had to sell the farm to do it.

Wow... Philly just took out the trash, and sold it for ten grand. :lol:

Hope Bradford is ready for those NFC north hits.. :cry:

I agree, I think it is a very bad idea to throw Wentz to the wolves this early. Didn't he miss much of the preseason and he IS a rookie from a lower level college program. It can work out if they manage it like the Ravens did with Flacco - don't rely on the rookie QB to make many plays - just ask him to be conservative and avoid mistakes.

Can you imagine the heat on Wentz if he throws a couple picks and they lose to the Browns next week? There could be death threats

Meh, throw his @ss in... Sink or swim kid... if he's the real deal, he'll adapt quickly, if not, Philly still has a great shot at premium talent next draft..

I think it's a good deal and makes the Vikings proverbial favorites to win the Norris. I also think they're are a team that's ready to contend now and if Bradford stays healthy, could advance the Conf. Championship.

But, what do I know..

And this is based on the fact that Bradford has never had a winning record in the NFL?

I'd wager GB against your Minny pick. Name our terms.

Edited by C.Biscuit97