Vikings trade for Bradford

Kirby Jackson

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a 1st and 4th is a lot to give up for Bradford at this point in his career, but he is talented and competent. Who knows, could be a very good situation for Bradford. I was sure that Carson Palmer was done when he left Cinci and then again when he left the Raiders, but he put together some good years in Arizona.

I've got news for you: no team is going to ride a running back (especially one who is 30 yrs old) to the Super Bowl in 2016. If the Vikings make a run in the playoffs, it will be because of their defense and because they got decent QB play. That's just the way it is. And AP is not much more than JAG at this point.

I disagree that AP is JAG, even now I don't think many defenders really want to tackle that guy.

Did they though? Shaun Hill has a 85 qb career rating. Bradford is at 81. Giving up a first for Bradford is crazy. I would maybe give up a 4th. Maybe. And there seems like there is a lot better than Bradford for that price.

I wouldn't even give up a 4th for him. It's like trading a 1st round pick for glass Goodwin. That's what kind of risk it is.

I think a 1st and 4th is a lot to give up for Bradford at this point in his career, but he is talented and competent. Who knows, could be a very good situation for Bradford. I was sure that Carson Palmer was done when he left Cinci and then again when he left the Raiders, but he put together some good years in Arizona.

Why does everyone say he is talented? Because he was a first round pick almost 10 years ago?

He looks fragile in his pads, doesn't have a special arm, and can't stay healthy. I swear when people talk about Bradford's talent, I feel like I'm huffing glue. I remember him being a guy people wanted here and it just blows my mind. His best quality is that he played for an elite college program.

I've got news for you: no team is going to ride a running back (especially one who is 30 yrs old) to the Super Bowl in 2016. If the Vikings make a run in the playoffs, it will be because of their defense and because they got decent QB play. That's just the way it is. And AP is not much more than JAG at this point.

Haha. The guy who lead the NFL in rushing despite having a qb who makes Fitz's arm looks strong is JAG. The best running back of my lifetime is JAG!

This post is the equivalent of the Bradford trade. Awful.

I wouldn't even give up a 4th for him. It's like trading a 1st round pick for glass Goodwin. That's what kind of risk it is.

Quick, get the Vikes on the phone!!! Maybe they are still drunk. And I will settle for a 2nd and a 2018 conditional 4th for Goodwin.

I'd be interested to know if the Viqueens called for EJ and what the Bills wanted for him. Maybe they said NFW, but if MIN was willing to throw out that many draft picks for a never was like Bradford, maybe we could have gotten two 2nds or a 2nd and 3rd for EJ. This is exactly the kind of ridiculous offer that the Bills should have entertained. A 1st and a conditional 4th for Sam Bradford? YGBFKM.

Wow, did Philly fleece the Vikings or what? I understand Minny's desperation, but holy cow.

And please, folks, can we quit already with the completely uninformed speculation about what conversations did or didn't happen between the Vikings and Bills?