Bills cut Felton

FluffHead

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I was asking why he was even on the team last year with so few snaps.

keeping him wouldnt have been a big deal, but it was surprising how little play he got given the contract he had (not huge, but big for the position).

i kind of wondered if they put together an offseason plan prior to the shady trade figuring a different back that would be going behind a FB, and just didnt give enough thought to the style of runner mccoy is in the time in between the trade and free agency.

@BuffaloWins

McCoy numbers by formation:

Shotgun: 5.0 YPC

Lone Setback: 4.5 YPC

I formation: 2.0 YPC

Excellent point ... the stats back up my impressions. McCoy follows his blockers less than any other player I've watched recently. It's unorthodox but obviously effective. By the way, I don't think AP misses him a whole lot either.

I'm sure Felton will catch on somewhere else, and I wish him the best, but I'm not very surprised or disappointed by this. You can't give a FB the most expensive contract at his position unless you're going to play him a lot. I don't recall the playtime stats from last year, but the Buffalo News reported Felton's a few times - it was something like 12% of snaps. Way too low to merit his salary, whatever it was.

I tend to agree with NoSaint, that Felton was part of Plan A, which was semi-scrapped once Shady became available.

Excellent point ... the stats back up my impressions. McCoy follows his blockers less than any other player I've watched recently. It's unorthodox but obviously effective. By the way, I don't think AP misses him a whole lot either.

Weird, I think he's an extremely patient runner. One of his greatest strengths is waiting for creases to open up and then exploit at high speed.