Jared Goff = #1 overall pick, 3rd string QB

YoloinOhio

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another reason there should be a minor league for the NFL, to get all the players ready for the pro style game.

I think this would be a win win for the NFL and the players. It could run concurrently with the season and teams could have ability to sign players during the season and also assign a couple players to teams for development.

I think this would be a win win for the NFL and the players. It could run concurrently with the season and teams could have ability to sign players during the season and also assign a couple players to teams for development.

It would be tough on the players but I'd rather run it after the season. there is too much football on during the regular season (counting college) for anyone to be interested, plus it would give us football to watch after the season.

I'd say my real point is the majority of college QBs are fundamentally different from past generations. Less and less each year even call a play in the huddle or take a snap from under center. The play calling aspect is huge, imo. They go from looking at the sideline for a signal to having to memorize very intricate language and then having to make a call in the huddle all while analyzing the defense pre-snap. It's the difference between being a passer and a QB. These kids literally don't know how to quarterback an offense.

That's the NFL you are describing. Majority of snaps are in the shotgun.

I hear ya. I just really think from a development standpoint it would be better if it was during the season. There must be a reason (insurance, money) the NFL hasn't done it yet.

owners are greedy but if baseball can do it so can NFL

It's not about shotgun it is making multiple reads and understanding coverage. in College the spread is usually one read and throw it or run it, so they are ill prepared to play against NFL defenses.

No need to force a guy into action because you spent a lot to get him. The Goff trade needs to be something that pans out over the course of 10-15 years, you shouldn't risk your possibly bright future for short term gains. Let him get acclimated to being a pro from the bench, if the Rams are really out of it the towards the end of the season throw him in for a few starts to get his feet wet. QB is the only position on a football team where you can truly play for the long term in the NFL. Your team can have a decade plus chance at success with a legit franchise QB, so bring along your possible franchise QB slowly.

Taking snaps out of the shotgun are the only thing college and NFL QBs have in common. NFL QBs still take snaps from under center and still articulate play calls in a huddle. Many college QBs, like Goff for example, never did either their entire college careers.

It's a bit early to give up on Goff but my bet is Cardale will never be any good. Waste of a pick for the Bills. They needed more bodies at DL and LB even after drafting Ragland and Lawson.

Also, probably the best thing for Goff to sit for a half season or so.

I'm slowly coming the conclusion that when the Brady, Ben, Brees, Rivers, Rodgers generation retires, every single QB in the league will suck.

LOL, Netwon and Wilson are already better than Ben and Brees.

You've gone on and on about this for a decade or so, but do you honestly believe that 75 percent of the Bills players DON'T use HGH? If so, there is a bridge I'd like to sell you in Brooklyn.

Bills players may well use but they ain't using what the Pats use. Besides, 6th rd college nobodies become the NFL's greatest every day, right?

Edited by PromoTheRobot