Preseason Game 3: Bills at Washington - 8/26 at 7:30 PM

Being a great dude and a good teammate does not make one a good NFL quarterback. And who ever said that a backup NFL quarterback has to be mediocre. For instance, look at the Redskins roster. I'd take Colt McCoy in a heartbeat over EJ.

Why? Their stats are similar in terms of completion percentage, passing yards per attempt, passing yards per game and QB rating. McCoy is no great shakes either. Like EJ he has proven it over the course of his career. He is just as mediocre.

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I didn't see the game, did Robert Woods contribute?

He dropped a 1st quarter TD from Tyrod after being mugged by the D...but no pass interference was called. Just one of the many butchered calls by Ed Hoculi and his band of criminals.

Wow. He was really starting to impress.

And Hall's been a POS for a long time. His hit on Powell might have been even worse.

If I was the coach, and it's probably good I'm not, I would have had someone on my team take him out.

I like your thinking.

EJ is making progress as a good back up. The OL he had was the problem .

This game was painful to watch, and poor ref calls but gave experience to the 2nd string and evaluation for making the roster.

Gragg was far and away our best #2 TE that really sucks!

It does. He was on the verge of the proverbial "taking a step" in his career, and to have it snuffed out on a play like that? Totally sucks.

I heard Seymour was also injured. Anyone have any info on that?

Rex said it was a hamstring in the press conference.

I don't disagree with his but he was under pressure. All Sammy makes a catch Dez misses and doesn't get called for PI like Little does.

probably but his throws were behind guys, high or low with WRs constantly making adjustments.

That PI was terrible, just plain horrible reffing tonight.

It does. He was on the verge of the proverbial "taking a step" in his career, and to have it snuffed out on a play like that? Totally sucks.

Rex said it was a hamstring in the press conference.

thanks. I wasn't able to watch or even listen to most of the game. I hope he'll be ok because he's looking like he could progress to being pretty good.

Sounds like he can't tackle well but has good coverage.

Really sucks bad about Gragg. He was looking good and like he was going to take the next step this season. He got boned by a dirty as hell play. A similar play earlier in the game we had a would be sack but called back for a roughing the passer call. It's BS really.

I hope Rex and Doug get some guys from Kettles the day before the next preseason game to suit up because it would suck to lose anyone else.

thanks. I wasn't able to watch or even listen to most of the game. I hope he'll be ok because he's looking like he could progress to being pretty good.

Really sucks bad about Gragg. He was looking good and like he was going to take the next step this season. He got boned by a dirty as hell play. A similar play earlier in the game we had a would be sack but called back for a roughing the passer call. It's BS really.

I hope Rex and Doug get some guys from Kettles the day before the next preseason game to suit up because it would suck to lose anyone else.

:beer:

Kettles?

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Haha. Kettles. I don't think I've ever been sober before entering there.

I know it's a meaningless game but why on earth throw short there?

Also scratched my head at that throw.

Really hope Powell didn't get too dinged up on that last play, he was helped into the locker room.

I liked how JWill played tonight. He's fun to watch.

I also peeped that. We got a gem with J Will in a year or 2 he gonna be sick

That's what I was thinking. He should have just thrown a td instead of that dying duck

I mean those 43 cb's in the end zone should be easy to beat

Listen that shoulda never happened cuz if he woulda bulleted that pass to Little the force alone would have stopped Little from pushing off. Obviously this EJ guy has no idea wat his doing

Welp, we won this one but the refs took it away. Oh well.

Its good for us. Now the players remember that last year we never had a major call go our way. And we consistently managed to give away late or game winning scores on phantom calls.

Look, I said I agreed it was a problem last year. There was a learning curve applied to year one, IMO. I want to see if it's a problem in the regular season this year. If it is, then it's a big problem and probably an organizational issue. I want to see if year two under this regime is any different before I condemn them as having a problem with penalties. I don't care about what the scrubs are doing in a meaningless game. You do. So be it. I neither disagree with you entirely nor agree with you entirely. I hope we can call a truce at this point.

Truce called, I'm not here to argue with fellow Bills fans. But.....my point is, which I failed to mention earlier, is that there are 31 other teams with just as many rookies and scrap heap players, that are less penalized than the Bills since Rex took over in Buffalo. Like you said, let's wait til the bullets fly for real. And for Rex's sake, I truly hope they cut down on the penalties.

Being a great dude and a good teammate does not make one a good NFL quarterback. And who ever said that a backup NFL quarterback has to be mediocre. For instance, look at the Redskins roster. I'd take Colt McCoy in a heartbeat over EJ.

Because if they were any good they would be starting

He dropped a 1st quarter TD from Tyrod after being mugged by the D...but no pass interference was called. Just one of the many butchered calls by Ed Hoculi and his band of criminals.

Hard to say he dropped it when his left arm was being held so he could only get one hand on the ball. Perfectly thrown pass by the way.

Re-watched the offense. Little bit of good, lot of bad. Shocking effort levels from some.

JWill gets dumped on his back, Seantrel is the only one that reacts. This penalty thing has dropped their intensity, don't want to catch wrath for sorting people out.

For those of us without the video, who didn't put the effort in?

For those of us without the video, who didn't put the effort in?

Ryan Groy, in particular. I think he got comfortable and lazy. Some reps, he didn't try to recover his mistakes. I thought he was okay the first two weeks but you can't be average and give zero effort.

On the flip side, Seantrel tried his heart out. Not at game speed but he gave it everything he had. Really proud of him, he's been through hell.

Ryan Groy, in particular. I think he got comfortable and lazy. Some reps, he didn't try to recover his mistakes. I thought he was okay the first two weeks but you can't be average and give zero effort.

On the flip side, Seantrel tried his heart out. Not at game speed but he gave it everything he had. Really proud of him, he's been through hell.

Interesting. Henderson has more pure talent than any of the linemen - would be something if he could get his career on track.

Interesting. Henderson has more pure talent than any of the linemen - would be something if he could get his career on track.

Not a Henderson fan at all but I'd persist with him. Tough to carry 4 OT's though and they won't cut Mills at this point. Not sure what they'll do.

Also, whisper it quietly but John Miller did okay last night. Not spectacular but okay.