Josh Gordon - Would you trade for him?

Josh Gordon  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want to trade for him?

• Yes - He is super talented and cheap
    • No - We already have too many knuckleheads

I don't believe the Bills traded anything for him.

They got a good season from him. He might have another good season left in him. We'll see.

Gordon is a multiple offender one puff from removed forever from football. I have nothing against weed, but if you're stupid enough to give up tens of millions twice, you're not worth taking a chance on.

The Bills, under Rex, remind me of the Bengals from a few years ago.

On the other hand, it's hard to swing a dead cat on the field without hitting someone who might be in jail if not for football.

Are you thinking that the Bills (or any other team) would be offering a day 2 pick for this guy? We're most likely talking about a conditional pick--for example: a 7th if he makes the team, 6th if he starts 2 games 5th if he eclipses 40 catches, and a 4th if he starts 8 games and eclipses 50 catches.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's in jail for killing someone. Gordon likes to drink and smoke weed. You need help if you're trying to equate the two. Perhaps something to drink and some weed.

This. Gordon is much more like former Lions #2 overall pick Charles Rogers.

i don't understand why the browns would trade him. if he's back to form they could could have a decent offense. i doubt anybody's offering more than a 4th right now.

the downsides in keeping him..... his established relationships on the roster may make him more influential (or subject to poor influence) that a clean start might help avoid. that they dont want to risk another mistake, so they would rather cash in on what they can now. that they dont want to ever give him a FA contract (again, cash in now). or the proverbial "send a message"

the downsides in keeping him..... his established relationships on the roster may make him more influential (or subject to poor influence) that a clean start might help avoid. that they dont want to risk another mistake, so they would rather cash in on what they can now. that they dont want to ever give him a FA contract (again, cash in now). or the proverbial "send a message"

Not to mention they are trying to turn the page with their roster. They added a bunch of young receivers.

I have to believe that the Ravens are the #1 suitor. They're not rebuilding, and they desperately need a WR. Of course, the Browns might want to avoid an in-division trade. The Bills seem like a lower tier candidate given that they already have an elite WR in Watkins. Plenty of teams are missing one. Seattle also comes to mind - they're in it to win it. SD has an elite QB and a really shaky receiver situation, and they strike me as a candidate too. Maybe Green Bay? Gordon is a big step up from Cobb and James Jones.

i don't understand why the browns would trade him. if he's back to form they could could have a decent offense. i doubt anybody's offering more than a 4th right now.

The Browns aren't in it to win it this year. They are positioning themselves for the mother of all drafts next year, especially given that the Eagles are likely to have a poor season. The Browns could end up with two top five picks plus a boatload of others: https://dawgpounddaily.com/2016/05/17/cleveland-browns-compensatory-picks-add-to-2017-draft-haul/

conditional pick tied to playing time and outcome, up to a 3rd round pick. Even 2nd if he makes the Pro Bowl. He's a top 10 WR talent. If he plays as one, who would object to giving up a 3rd or even 2nd round pick?

He's not going to end up on the Bills. Other teams with higher aspirations this season are more desperate for an elite WR (which the Bills already have).

conditional pick tied to playing time and outcome, up to a 3rd round pick. Even 2nd if he makes the Pro Bowl. He's a top 10 WR talent. If he plays as one, who would object to giving up a 3rd or even 2nd round pick?

the issue is how long do you get to keep him with that 2nd. Do you turn around and give him a monster FA deal, or look at it as a short term rental that you are happy to move on from relatively soon.