1. 1. Would you want to trade for him?

• Yes - He is super talented and cheap
    • No - We already have too many knuckleheads

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Percy Harvin 2. No thanks!

Harvin's best year did not even sniff what Gordon did in his 2nd year in the league.

At Harvin's best, he produced 1,300 yards of total offense with 8 TDs, plus another TD on returns.

Gordon's 2013 season saw him net 87 receptions for 1,646 yards and 9 TDs in 14 games playing with the likes of Brandon Weeden. He's on another level than Harvin.

I'm surprised no team gave up a second for him if that's all it took. Teams like the pats, panthers, saints who have great QBs but a lack of talent at the receiver position could use this guy to get over the hump. He's a lottery ticket, but well worth the risk for a contending team.

I'm surprised no team gave up a second for him if that's all it took. Teams like the pats, panthers, saints who have great QBs but a lack of talent at the receiver position could use this guy to get over the hump. He's a lottery ticket, but well worth the risk for a contending team.

Because other teams arent stupid, the guy has been blackballed by the league and done nothing right for 2 years. why waste a 2nd on a guy who is an unproven?

Because other teams arent stupid, the guy has been blackballed by the league and done nothing right for 2 years. why waste a 2nd on a guy who is an unproven?

Unproven and unreliable are 2 different things. The guy led the NFL in receiving with Brandon Weeden under center. He's proven that he can be a dominant force. He's also proven to be a suspension waiting to happen. He's unreliable but not unproven.

Harvin's best year did not even sniff what Gordon did in his 2nd year in the league.

At Harvin's best, he produced 1,300 yards of total offense with 8 TDs, plus another TD on returns.

Gordon's 2013 season saw him net 87 receptions for 1,646 yards and 9 TDs in 14 games playing with the likes of Brandon Weeden. He's on another level than Harvin.

Maybe he meant in regards to staying on field.

No one ever questions Gordon's talent. He's an elite receiver with elementary school decision making.

Unproven and unreliable are 2 different things. The guy led the NFL in receiving with Brandon Weeden under center. He's proven that he can be a dominant force. He's also proven to be a suspension waiting to happen. He's unreliable but not unproven.

I stand corrected, but history has proven that when out of the league this long most players dont bounce back to form.

Its the freaking Browns dude

Not sure the point when he had over 1,600 yards on a worse Brown's team? If you don't want him because he's an idiot that is perfectly reasonable. If you don't want him because of his ability I don't understand that argument. Edited by Kirby Jackson

It's hard to put that production in perspective because people don't really understand the numbers wrt WR.

Essentially that season was comparable to the best couple of seasons by Jerry Rice and Randy Moss.

That's about where the comparisons end. Calvin Johnson never had a ypr that high.

Not sure the point when he had over 1,600 yards on a worse Brown's team? If you don't want him because he's an idiot that is perfectly reasonable. If you don't want him because of his ability I don't understand that argument.

I dont like him for numerous reasons.

For starters, yes, hes and idiot and unreliable.

but one season does not make a great WR, In '14 when he played his numbers sucked, had he played more then 5 games he wouldnt have come close to '13,

'13 was his only good year.

You say he's torching it in practice. the Brown D was 27th, i'd look good against them.

For the last 3 years all ive heard is that we have to get this guy, thankfully its not happening.

I'll play devils advocate; buffalo gets him, now what? 4 week suspension to start.. he'll never settle being number 2 to Sammy. If TT doesnt hit him enough then what. Not to mention his checkered history. am i missing anything?

It's hard to put that production in perspective because people don't really understand the numbers wrt WR.

Essentially that season was comparable to the best couple of seasons by Jerry Rice and Randy Moss.

That's about where the comparisons end. Calvin Johnson never had a ypr that high.

Comparing Receivers today to Jerry Rice is an insult to what Rice did. Rice would have put up 2,000 yards in today's flag football where they pass 40 times a game.

I dont like him for numerous reasons.

For starters, yes, hes and idiot and unreliable.

but one season does not make a great WR, In '14 when he played his numbers sucked, had he played more then 5 games he wouldnt have come close to '13,

'13 was his only good year.

You say he's torching it in practice. the Brown D was 27th, i'd look good against them.

For the last 3 years all ive heard is that we have to get this guy, thankfully its not happening.

I'll play devils advocate; buffalo gets him, now what? 4 week suspension to start.. he'll never settle being number 2 to Sammy. If TT doesnt hit him enough then what. Not to mention his checkered history. am i missing anything?

He actually lit it up in preseason too so it isn't just against the Browns.

In 2014 he was on pace for 77 catches and 970 yards. Is that what we think is terrible? When did anyone on our roster (not named Watkins) reach either of those numbers (let alone led the league in receiving)?

Why are we assuming that he won't be a number 2 (or 1A)? Because he likes weed he's now a malcontent? I've never heard that about him. I'd be happy to be proven wrong if you have any articles or stories supporting that.

He's as talented a WR as there is in the league. He's right there with the top guys. Again, if you are worried about him getting in trouble that is perfectly reasonable. It looks like you are trying to formulate a "football" argument as to why he won't help the Bills. That's just asinine.

He actually lit it up in preseason too so it isn't just against the Browns.

In 2014 he was on pace for 77 catches and 970 yards. Is that what we think is terrible? When did anyone on our roster (not named Watkins) reach either of those numbers (let alone led the league in receiving)?

Why are we assuming that he won't be a number 2 (or 1A)? Because he likes weed he's now a malcontent? I've never heard that about him. I'd be happy to be proven wrong if you have any articles or stories supporting that.

He's as talented a WR as there is in the league. He's right there with the top guys. Again, if you are worried about him getting in trouble that is perfectly reasonable. It looks like you are trying to formulate a "football" argument as to why he won't help the Bills. That's just asinine.

That said, isn't he basically the same wr as Watkins. Especially in this offense. I feel like Sammy is the more complete wr but we basically use him like the Browns used Gordon.

That said, isn't he basically the same wr as Watkins. Especially in this offense. I feel like Sammy is the more complete wr but we basically use him like the Browns used Gordon.

I think so, but having 2 Watkins wouldn't be a problem to me. :)

He's definitely not reliable but he's a real talent. The Bills offense is going to have to score points this year (especially early). I actually think that this is the first time in like 10+ years that the offense is better than the defense. I'm worried about the pass rush.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I think so, but having 2 Watkins wouldn't be a problem to me. :)

He's definitely not reliable but he's a real talent. The Bills offense is going to have to score points this year (especially early). I actually think that this is the first time in like 10+ years that the offense is better than the defense. I'm worried about the pass rush.

Yeah, that's true. If I'm the Browns, I won't trade him for anything less than a 2nd.

If RG3 stays healthy, they could be exciting.