169 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want to trade for him?

• Yes - He is super talented and cheap
    • No - We already have too many knuckleheads

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said, I have no interest in getting him even though he could be a true #2 receiver on the team. My point was even though he has had his issues, Marcell isn't far off but you seem to be fine with it unless the "right deal" came along.

Could be misinterpreting you but that's just how I'm reading it.

I'll try again, then.

Dareus is ALREADY here. The Bills are forced to deal with his nonsense.

There is no way I want to take another risk, that to me is far more likely to go bad then go well.

As a free agent at a tiny contract, sure, why not, but I wouldn't give up a thing to get him, including a seventh rounder.

I'd rather have Seymour (a 6th rounder) than Gordon, for example. While it's unlikely a 7th rounder will work out, I'd rather take my chances there.

Attitude and behavior matters, sometimes as much as skill, like the Mario Williams fiasco of last season.

I just don't think it's worth it. Obviously, it's just my opinion, but bad actors tend not to turn it around.

Give up anything. He's a freaking stud who can block and run wild.

Sammy and Gordon would be the best WR tandem in the league.

Tyrod for Gordon. Get er done.

Too many teams weaker at WR than we are will be making better offers and praying this dopey kid can clean himself up and be a professional.

We are good at WR and we have enough babysitting as it is on this team.

Seattle or Oakland for a 3rd and a conditional 2nd.

I think this is valid

I'll try again, then.

Dareus is ALREADY here. The Bills are forced to deal with his nonsense.

There is no way I want to take another risk, that to me is far more likely to go bad then go well.

As a free agent at a tiny contract, sure, why not, but I wouldn't give up a thing to get him, including a seventh rounder.

I'd rather have Seymour (a 6th rounder) than Gordon, for example. While it's unlikely a 7th rounder will work out, I'd rather take my chances there.

Attitude and behavior matters, sometimes as much as skill, like the Mario Williams fiasco of last season.

I just don't think it's worth it. Obviously, it's just my opinion, but bad actors tend not to turn it around.

Tyrod for Gordon. Get er done.

If Gordon has made it this far back from the brinks of Manzieling , does he not get cred for that effort ?

In a heartbeat but the Browns will be absolutely retarded to trade away the best player on their team.

this is the truth of the matter.

and so... what do they want in trade?

I think this is valid

If Gordon has made it this far back from the brinks of Manzieling , does he not get cred for that effort ?

this is the truth of the matter.

and so... what do they want in trade?

he is still hanging out with Manziel. And came into camp overweight.

he is still hanging out with Manziel. And came into camp overweight.

He has been out of the game, and by overweight you mean Karlos overweight or ten lbs over?

I think Gordon is turning it back around, enough at least to be viable.

Its a B word getting Goodell to let you back in after his transgressions. he must be doing something right?

ESPN is saying that multiple teams have contacted the Browns trying to trade for Josh Gordon. Would you want the Bills to do that (assuming a reasonable cost)?

For me it is a yes despite his spotty track record. He is extremely talented and plays a position of need. I do not think that Woods is a #2 receiver and he is a FA after this year. I'd role the dice for a 4th or later.

I agree that he is extremely talented. I disagree Woods is not a number 2. In the Bills offense, he is fine as a number 2. Because the number 2 is the fourth option anyway. Shady, Watkins and Clay being 1-3. I agree Woods will leave in FA after this season. His numbers are commensurate with Marvin Jones and Muhammad Sanu and they got paid. If the Bills did not have Marcell in rehab, I would be all over a Josh Gordon trade. But Gordon is so unreliable I don't think it's worth it. And the optics would look bad for the organization.

By all accounts Gordon's looked good in practice but there's a reason why he's friends with Manziel: neither one of them get it.

I agree about the talent but don't think he's grown enough as a person to count on him. Keep in mind he applied for reinstatement, there was a 60 day wait and he couldn't even keep clean for that long. 60 days.

I agree that he is extremely talented. I disagree Woods is not a number 2. In the Bills offense, he is fine as a number 2. Because the number 2 is the fourth option anyway. Shady, Watkins and Clay being 1-3. I agree Woods will leave in FA after this season. His numbers are commensurate with Marvin Jones and Muhammad Sanu and they got paid. If the Bills did not have Marcell in rehab, I would be all over a Josh Gordon trade. But Gordon is so unreliable I don't think it's worth it. And the optics would look bad for the organization.

Those are all good points. That's why I raised the topic; it isn't an easy decision. You can argue both sides pretty easily.

ESPN is saying that multiple teams have contacted the Browns trying to trade for Josh Gordon. Would you want the Bills to do that (assuming a reasonable cost)?

For me it is a yes despite his spotty track record. He is extremely talented and plays a position of need. I do not think that Woods is a #2 receiver and he is a FA after this year. I'd role the dice for a 4th or later.

My answer is the same as this winter.

Absolutely.

Winning in the NFL is about matchups and the best deep ball passer in the league in Tyrod......plus a young WR who had an absolutely HISTORIC season catching the deep ball has the potential for immense impact.

He's high bust rate but investment-wise he'd be a low risk and huge reward.

I've always believed that getting out of 7-9 win rut the Bills have been in for most of a decade was most likely to happen by sheer force of talent.

The Bills of the late 80's didn't get over the Dolphin hump until they were FAR more talented and dynamic than Miami.

If you want something a champion has you usually have to TAKE it.

You're not getting Gordon for some late round pick. All the reasons that you want him are the reasons the Browns will keep him. It seems people who want to trade for him think you can get him for some mid round pick. Yeah, not happening. The price likely starts at a 1st for one year of the guy.

You're not getting Gordon for some late round pick. All the reasons that you want him are the reasons the Browns will keep him. It seems people who want to trade for him think you can get him for some mid round pick. Yeah, not happening. The price likely starts at a 1st for one year of the guy.

They drafted like four WR. Terrel Pryor is a lock. They are going to keep all five IMO, and maybe Gordon. But they very well may not want to bet on him and lose a young guy.

They sure would be. If he'd never been in trouble Gordon would be worth in excess of two first round picks. That doesn't get discounted to a conditional late round pick because he's on his last strike. I can see a team not wanting to give up a lot for him, but no way do the Browns give him away for nothing. They'd be way better off rolling the dice on the 2013 receiving leader. The Browns have been contacted by teams inquiring about Gordon, but don't seem inclined to trade him away. There's been nothing of substance there.

The Browns are a team to watch for WRs though. They invested heavily in the position in the draft, got Gordon back and are watching Pryor emerge. They're going to cut lose some talent. Keep an eye on Hawkins. He'd be a nice slot WR.