Josh Gordon - Would you trade for him?

Josh Gordon  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want to trade for him?

• Yes - He is super talented and cheap
    • No - We already have too many knuckleheads

I don't think New England runs those routes because of Edelman ( or Amendola, or Hogan , or even Welker before him, see a pattern here of acquiring these types of WRs) but rather they get the Edelman's et al for the purpose of running those routes. Because of those match ups , they feel it's easier than running. That's largely because they have QB' s that are adept at throwing a WR open while he's still running. That's what they believe in so its what they look for in a QB . The Bills don't have that guy at QB, so they try to hand it off to a skilled RB. It's reasonable that they understand the limitations of their QB. Not reasonable that they don't go get a better one and run an offense similar to NE's .

I think that we are saying the same thing. You run your offense based on your talent and what you want to do. The Bills are designed to run the ball and hit big plays. New England is designed to sustain long drives with a controlled passing game.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Sammy is injured long term I would actually consider taking a chance on Gordon. Gordon is a legit number 1 receiver and without Sammy being a number 1 the offense crumbles even more. So maybe to save the season you throw a late round pick to try and salvage the season with Gordon.

If Sammy is injured long term I would actually consider taking a chance on Gordon. Gordon is a legit number 1 receiver and without Sammy being a number 1 the offense crumbles even more. So maybe to save the season you throw a late round pick to try and salvage the season with Gordon.

Nah start selling no reason to start buying

Dealer Doug already ruined this team wasting 3 1st round picks on a receiver and dud Qb. Then he overvalues Rbs in another trade. Let's trade for another WR - great idea!

grasping at straws on that one

We only traded 1 1st rd pick. We swapped 1st rd picks and then offered them our pick the following year. SO we only wasted 1 1st rd pick which may still turn in our favor if we ever get a real QB

And we actually traded back for EJ and gained other picks in that process, but the fact is Buddy was GM when we drafted EJ

Nah start selling no reason to start buying

You've posted some good stuff here, but "start selling, it's rebuild time" is not sound.

This team is talented enough to make big strides next year.......they might be overmatched on the sideline but not so much on the field.

Most teams re-build quickly now......the Bills just haven't been one of them.

You've posted some good stuff here, but "start selling, it's rebuild time" is not sound.

This team is talented enough to make big strides next year.......they might be overmatched on the sideline but not so much on the field.

Most teams re-build quickly now......the Bills just haven't been one of them.

i agree on both fronts -- bobby has brought new and often insightful content on here which is great..... but i wouldnt short sell the talent level here. we are a fringe playoff team if we get coaches that can get some synergy between talent and scheme, and manage gamedays better. the only reason its even "fringe playoff" and not just "playoff" is because we dont have QB figured out.

grasping at straws on that one

We only traded 1 1st rd pick. We swapped 1st rd picks and then offered them our pick the following year. SO we only wasted 1 1st rd pick which may still turn in our favor if we ever get a real QB

And we actually traded back for EJ and gained other picks in that process, but the fact is Buddy was GM when we drafted EJ

Name one strength on this team, just one....besides punter