At some point, is someone in the FO accountable?

Virgil

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt the Bills have rolled the dice on some players in terms of character issues. Some times it works and other times it doesn't. All teams have these issues, not just the Bills. People don't want to talk about all the good moves the Bills have made: Richie, Darby, Gillislee, Hughes, Schmidt, Taylor, Henderson in round 7, etc.

Whaley has done a great job. Finally have some talented depth. I've never been a fan of the "next man up" mantra, but this year it might just work.

My dear lord. You went there?

Fair enough good sir. You win. I'll take Rex forever if it means we don't have to live with that alternative

There was no where else we needed to go. The NFL is a game played by a bunch of gigantic 20 something meatheads, many of whom were raised dirt poor and weren't taught right from wrong. They are going to screw up from time to time.

I agree Whaley has done a good job, took some chances and has created depth in my positions. He nor Rex can control Ragland getting hurt and can't follow Dareus around to make sure he didn't smoke weed. He screwed up in not having off setting language for his personal conduct.

We've just had a slew of bad luck.

Belichick with the Patriots:

16 Seasons

187-69

22-9 in the playoffs

4 Superbowls

Won Division 13 times

Meanwhile, in Buffalo:

16 Seasons

105-151

0-0 in the playoffs

Finished last place 9 times, second-last 5 times (finished in 2nd twice (yay!))

I would have taken the Belichick... even with all his "shortcomings"

Belichek was not successful in Cleveland and also was not successful in NE with Drew Bledsoe. Things changed after Brady took the reins. Let us put that in perspective. There is 50-50 possibility that Belichek could have succeeded or failed in Buffalo

The Bills have graded out as the best team so far this preseason. Who are we holding accountable for the quality of play over the last few weeks?

Pre-season grades are now indicative of success? We're really reaching now.

The early nineties Bills were typically 0-4 each pre-season, yet would win 10 or more games. What does that mean?

The early nineties Bills were typically 0-4 each pre-season, yet would win 10 or more games. What does that mean?

Yes, yes, yes!! I was waiting for your response!!

At the present moment the Bills are playing as well as any team in football. Is it an indicator of regular season success? No, but you are seeing the scheme stopping the run, the 1st team offense looking sharp, McCoy looking quick, Hughes looking great and they have gotten a little healthier.

Why are you taking this as a bad sign?!? Is it because the preseason results 25 years ago didn't correspond to the team's record?!? It is mind-boggling that you can interpret this as a negative. It really just rains every single day in your world.

When you were watching the Giants game and they went in for halftime what was going on in your head? You must have just kept thinking about those Jordan Gay misses, Felton fumble or the 22 yard completion to OBJ. You never see anything objectively. Everything isn't sunshine and rainbows but its not a thunderstorm either. A respected analytics site has said that the Bills have performed at a higher level than anyone else and you are seeing that as a bad thing.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

At the present moment the Bills are playing as well as any team in football. Is it an indicator of regular season success? No, but you are seeing the scheme stopping the run, the 1st team offense looking sharp, McCoy looking quick, Hughes looking great and they have gotten a little healthier.

Why are you taking this as a bad sign?!? Is it because the preseason results 25 years ago didn't correspond to the team's record?!? It is mind-boggling that you can interpret this as a negative. It really just rains every single day in your world.

When you were watching the Giants game and they went in for halftime what was going on in your head. You must have just kept thinking about those Jordan Gay misses, Felton fumble or the 22 yard completion to OBJ. You never see anything objectively. Everything isn't sunshine and rainbows but its not a thunderstorm either. A respected analytics site has said that the Bills have performed at a higher level than anyone else and you are seeing that as a bad thing.

Some people just like to watch the world burn...

The post you see from Bills Vet that is ANYTHING from doom and gloom will be a first

but hey....the world needs balance you know?

Belichek was not successful in Cleveland and also was not successful in NE with Drew Bledsoe. Things changed after Brady took the reins. Let us put that in perspective. There is 50-50 possibility that Belichek could have succeeded or failed in Buffalo

Bart Scott on Bill Belichek: "One Mo Lewis hit away from being fired"

Did everyone get fired or are they now Hall of Famers because they won a preseason game? I can't keep up.

Bart Scott on Bill Belichek: "One Mo Lewis hit away from being fired"

I can't stand Bart Scott but people often forget this. They were like 1-3 after a 6-10 season before Mo Lewis.

When you were watching the Giants game and they went in for halftime what was going on in your head? You must have just kept thinking about those Jordan Gay misses, Felton fumble or the 22 yard completion to OBJ. You never see anything objectively. Everything isn't sunshine and rainbows but its not a thunderstorm either. A respected analytics site has said that the Bills have performed at a higher level than anyone else and you are seeing that as a bad thing.

I'm not surprised you're of the school that when a team plays well in the preseason, that's something to beat your chest about.

When they don't, well, it's nothing because both teams are running vanilla schemes. At least that's what seems to be mentioned every preseason when things aren't looking good.

If preseason game results are now a barometer for regular season success, why weren't they even going back a few years ago? I remember hearing that the results didn't matter in the preseason when the team didn't look good.

Which one is it?

I'm not surprised you're of the school that when a team plays well in the preseason, that's something to beat your chest about.

When they don't, well, it's nothing because both teams are running vanilla schemes. At least that's what seems to be mentioned every preseason when things aren't looking good.

If preseason game results are now a barometer for regular season success, why weren't they even going back a few years ago? I remember hearing that the results didn't matter in the preseason when the team didn't look good.

Which one is it?

Maybe its not either one?

Which one is it?

Not really sure what is surprising about me being someone that beats my chest. I tend to be objective when it comes to the Bills. I will tell you when something is good and when something is bad. There are some people (cough, cough) that only see things great or terrible. This was the perfect test to see if you could view being the top graded team as a negative!! Does it correspond to regular season results -no (for the 2nd time). I think that we would all (or everyone but you) feel better about a team that has graded out 1st instead of one that has graded out last.

Read what they are saying in New Orleans about there play this offseason. Panic mode is setting in because of how poorly they are playing. If that was here you would be starting your typical doom and gloom thread every 10 minutes. It is okay to celebrate the good and criticize the bad. My question for you is how can you possibly view this as a negative?

I remember the first 2 preseason games of 2013. They looked like a juggernaut and I thought Jeff Tuel looked like Tom Brady.

Then they started off the season 3-7.

I barely pay attention to pre-season games because it means so little and the games are so boring. I tune out as long as I can and it seems that opening day gets here quicker, rather than get caught up in the daily slog of worthless information from camp and these preseason "games".

To me, being the 'top rated team' analytically based on preseason games means nothing. Being a poorly rated team would also mean nothing.

To be honest, right now I am in my typical 'optimistic' phase for this season. I am excited and hopeful they can have a quick start and maybe weather that (apparent) brutal mid-season stretch. If they can get through it, hopefully they will have a rejuvinated Shaq Lawson and Dareus join mid-stream. The offensive weapons and coordinator are in place for the second year, and the Ryan brothers' specialty is defense.