At some point, is someone in the FO accountable?

Virgil

If your company/business drug tested you and all your coworkers, how many of you would be sitting out a week? :D

My point is that if you applied NFL rules to average workplaces on domestic violence, crime, drug use, I bet the NFL would actually do better than your company.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your company/business drug tested you and all your coworkers, how many of you would be sitting out a week? :D

My point is that if you applied NFL rules to average workplaces on domestic violence, crime, drug use, I bet the NFL would actually do better than your company.

Well probably considering the average joe would be arrested and put in jail for most of these when NFL players aren't.

Accountable for continually drafting guys who can't follow the rules that they must follow to remain in the NFL. Is it not part of the job to ferret out those unwilling or unable to do so?

Do you have any context that would indicate whether or not the Bills are even statistically higher than many (if not mos) NFL teams in terms of suspensions to players they've drafted over a specific time period?

Do you have any context that would indicate whether or not the Bills are even statistically higher than many (if not mos) NFL teams in terms of suspensions to players they've drafted over a specific time period?

Nice Try..... It doesn't matter if we are average or better than average.. Big money is spent on these guys and it is disruptive to the team when they are suspended. One suspension is too much. Your implication that it is somewhat acceptable if the Bills have less players suspended for breaking the rules is :wallbash: .

Nice Try..... It doesn't matter if we are average or better than average.. Big money is spent on these guys and it is disruptive to the team when they are suspended. One suspension is too much. Your implication that it is somewhat acceptable if the Bills have less players suspended for breaking the rules is :wallbash: .

It's not a "try", it's a simple question of "are you complaining about something that isn't unique to your team, and isn't a result of drafting high-risk players at all?"

If you're willing to show me any NFL team that hasn't had a player suspended at any point in the last few years, then you'll have a salient point that one suspension is too much.

Otherwise, you're basically complaining about the NFL, and not the Bills.

Maybe all of that #wallbashing isn't doing your thought process any good...

It's not a "try", it's a simple question of "are you complaining about something that isn't unique to your team, and isn't a result of drafting high-risk players at all?"

If you're willing to show me any NFL team that hasn't had a player suspended at any point in the last few years, then you'll have a salient point that one suspension is too much.

Otherwise, you're basically complaining about the NFL, and not the Bills.

Maybe all of that #wallbashing isn't doing your thought process any good...

Maybe that is why we haven't been in the playoffs for the entire 21st century and because we continually give players making millions of dollars a pass when they break rules and get suspended and not hold those responsible for hiring them accountable. It is permissible because other teams do it?!?!?! I would expect an argument like that from a teenager not an adult.

The entire issue with Henderson is on the NFL. Why do this to themselves? No reason to test players for marijuana and banging them for 4 games. All it does is create unnecessary bad press, pisses off members of the NFLPA, and keeps good players from playing/entertaining.

Especially when you have a guy battling something like Crohn's and trying to overcome.

Especially when you have team doctors prescribing much worse things by the handful

Maybe that is why we haven't been in the playoffs for the entire 21st century and because we continually give players making millions of dollars a pass when they break rules and get suspended and not hold those responsible for hiring them accountable. It is permissible because other teams do it?!?!?! I would expect an argument like that from a teenager not an adult.

Keep the insults coming; they're entertaining :lol:

The reason this team hasn't been to the playoffs in a decade-and-a-half is because they've had neither the QB nor the coaching. If you look at the data, there's zero data to correlate the Bills with a higher-than-average number of on-field suspensions that would adversely affect on-field performance. That's a stretch at best, and an outright fallacy at worst.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/fines-suspensions/2015/suspensions/

Fun fact: the Seahawks in 2013 had more players suspended for PEDs than any other team in a single season in NFL history--and they won the Super Bowl

Edited by thebandit27

Keep the insults coming; they're entertaining :lol:

The reason this team hasn't been to the playoffs in a decade-and-a-half is because they've had neither the QB nor the coaching. If you look at the data, there's zero data to correlate the Bills with a higher-than-average number of on-field suspensions that would adversely affect on-field performance. That's a stretch at best, and an outright fallacy at worst.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/fines-suspensions/2015/suspensions/

Fun fact: the Seahawks in 2013 had more players suspended for PEDs than any other team in a single season in NFL history--and they won the Super Bowl

As if the wallbashing comment wasnt an insult? LOL..

I'd be very interested in knowing where the Bills stand vs the league on suspensions.

That being said, yes, ideally, one suspension is one suspension too many.

About median with respect to the rest of the NFL (data posted above).

As if the wallbashing comment wasnt an insult? LOL..

Which one? Mine, or the one that preceded it:

Are you shocked that you didn't catch bees with this bit of honey?

Also, any response on the actual data?

Bandit....never a good idea to throw actual facts into a heated TBD discussion.

Is it too much to ask to voice your opinions while throwing insults at people???

To be fair, I did respond to the initial #wallbash in-kind :lol:

Edited by thebandit27

About median with respect to the rest of the NFL (data posted above).

Which one? Mine, or the one that preceded it:

Are you shocked that you didn't catch bees with this bit of honey?

Sorry just trying to graphically state what I thought of your argument that this is acceptable cause other teams do it. Didnt think of it as an insult as it was intended to your argument and not you. Won't do it again.

Sorry just trying to graphically state what I thought of your argument that this is acceptable cause other teams do it. Didnt think of it as an insult as it was intended to your argument and not you. Won't do it again.

It's really not a big deal--I don't get offended.

I didn't say it was acceptable because other teams have had guys suspended. I said that the Bills haven't historically had any greater trouble controlling their players than the rest of the league.

I would rather see a team with no suspensions as well; I just don't think it's realistic.

Accountable for continually drafting guys who can't follow the rules that they must follow to remain in the NFL. Is it not part of the job to ferret out those unwilling or unable to do so?

They took a 5th round pick last year with talent above that but character concerns. He produced an NFL record for most games with a TD to start a career. They took a 7th rounder the year before that has been treated for Crohn's disease. He started as a rookie. Sometimes you take chances on talent in the late rounds that has some question marks. Would you rather use late round picks on guys like Ed Wang, Kyle Calloway, Mark Asper, Danny Batten, Zebrie Sanders, Levi Brown, Xavier Omon and Johnny White? They contributed a lot less than Karlos and Seantrel. You have to weigh risk, reward.

Give me a guy that could help the team over a scrub any day of the week. That's what you are considering in the late rounds.