Marcell substantiated

plenzmd1

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether or not Rex is responsible - he is going to lose his job because his team is undisciplined and loses games, and no billionaire owner is going to entrust his billion-dollar franchise to Rex for a long, long time. Again, regardless of whose fault this is - the stain of this team's debacle will follow Rax around for a long time.

My final word here as I find myself getting hot under the collar...

I'm all for personal accountability, I really am. I also know that people will get away with what they're allowed to in a workplace environment & some will push beyond what's allowed. The looser the ship the more likely you'll run into problems like this. If this was an isolated incident I would chalk it up to personal stupidity, but, it's far from that & a portion of the blame must be placed squarely on the shoulders of Rex and Whaley.

I'm very happy that we won the offseason...

Absurd. This is on Dareus. When all is said and done, he flipped off his team and this community. Blame Rex for lots of things but not for this.

You're not the guy cashing million dollar checks smoking all the weed.

What are you talking about. Did Rex roll the blunt in the offseason ?

I see what he means but in this instance. It wouldn't matter. A strong minded.strong willed coach suspends him indefinitely. Dareus gets angry, refuses to play demands trade. There are 30 other teams out there who would like to have him. Doesn't his money still count against us in a trade.

If they want to build the 89 Detroit Pistons, so be it. Just acknowledge we are going to be the dirtiest team out there. I dont understand why they would tie up that kind of money on a nose tackle anyway. The FIRST thing you do... FIRST thing they should have done was gone out and gotten a NOSE TACKLE SO DAREUS COULD PLAY END. I say all this to reinforce the fact that there is not much influence rex could have had. I do put the onus on whaley for distributing that kind of money and not using him where he is best effective. I dont know what Rex... or Tyrod has to do with this one

Let me say, per usual, suspending NFL players for weed is stupid. Just my two cents.

Big blow for the D though...

The topic needs to be addressed.

1) It is legal to possess in some places including where there is an NFL franchise multiple actually. Consumption.

2) it stays in your body and is detected long after one is no longer under the influence of said substance

3) I suspect there is no performance enhancing attributes

4) the guys doing this stuff are usually hanging out at home playing video games and chillin on the couch as opposed to clubbin drankin drivin fightin shootin

That said... When your $100 million job requires you don't smoke dope, DONT!

Yeah, because that's exactly what he suggested. If you don't think that Dareus is a dumb ass & that Whaley and The Brothers Ryan contributed to this then I'd recommend pulling your head out of the sand. Rex runs a loose ship and he's getting bitten in his ample ass because of it.

Are you implying that Rex either verbally tells his players to smoke weed or Rex's actions somehow contribute to MD smoking weed?

MD is a repeat offender. This is a MD problem and nobody else's. It's a fact - some people are their own worst enemies. Sadly for us fans, MD is one of those people.

I remember watching Ricky Williams hobble off the field at Joe Robbie Stadium after Dave Wannstedt ran him into the ground. When I found out later that Ricky liked to smoke marijuana, I understood why given the beating that these players take.

I have no problem with anyone smoking weed. It clearly does not make you run faster or get stronger either.

Nevertheless (given the rules), I am very disappointed in Marcell that he would do this to the organization, teammates, fans, and himself. Having said that, I would not cut him. I know that there are those that would love that.

In the end, he did not beat his kid or his wife or anyone else. He hurt the team and will lose a lot of money as a result.

Edited by Peter

AJ Green, Patrick Peterson, Julio Jones, Tyron Smith and JJ Watt. These are the players we passed on to select Marcell Darius. Would have preferred to spend 100 million on Tyron Smith or JJ Watt. Also here's Marcell's stats compared to Jurrell Casey's. Except a lot more out of an 3rd overall pick.

Marcell Darius 2011 Draft 1st rd 3rd overall pick. 30.5 sacks and 253 tackles. 2 Pro Bowls 1 All Pro 6yr $95 million

Jurrell Casey 2011 Draft 3rd rd 77th pick. 28 sacks and 283 tackles. 1 Pro Bowl 1 All Pro 4yr $36 million

Sweet. More excuses for another below average season for Rex.

I know he needs to be smarter. But dear Lord, Dareus has seen more death than most people have in their entire life. It's stupid weed is illegal for NFL players in the first place but you gotta be smarter.

So much for winning the offseason Rex!!!

We are men. I dont care what he saw. You sign on you know the rules. You wanna wallow in self tragedy hey... Will your job care that you got looked over for promotion so you went got high and drunk and then piss tested positive. Will they say awww he must have been depressed. F that. This dude has one of the highest demand jobs paying out the butt... what do we make? 60-70k NON GUARANTEED? His life aint an excuse.

I agree marijuana shouldn't be on the banned substance list, but since it is a guy making that's one of the faces of the franchise has to make better decisions.

How? It's illegal. Why shouldn't it be on the list?

AJ Green, Patrick Peterson, Julio Jones, Tyron Smith and JJ Watt. These are the players we passed on to select Marcell Darius. Would have preferred to spend 100 million on Tyron Smith or JJ Watt. Also here's Marcell's stats compared to Jurrell Casey's. Except a lot more out of an 3rd overall pick.

Marcell Darius 2011 Draft 1st rd 3rd overall pick. 30.5 sacks and 253 tackles. 2 Pro Bowls 1 All Pro 6yr $95 million

Jurrell Casey 2011 Draft 3rd rd 77th pick. 28 sacks and 283 tackles. 1 Pro Bowl 1 All Pro 4yr $36 million

Tired,weak, and probably completely composed by an attorney, agent and or OBD PR staff. Sorry Dareus

You're not committed. Saying it does not make it true.

Edited by Best Player Available

For those who think the NFL policy of suspending players for weed is dumb, here's my two cents. And I say this with the full knowledge that more "well informed" individuals will correct my "misconceptions" about pot...

Is pot legal? In some places, yes. In some circumstances, yes.

Is pot harmful? In most cases, usually not. In some cases, yes.

Does smoking pot lead to poor choices? In some cases, yes. Could those poor choices be harmful to yourself or others, yes.

Does the desire to smoke pot lead to poor choices? Yes. I'm not talking about the chemical effects of the drug here; I'm talking about the apparently uncontrollable impulses people have when they're not high.

Should the NFL relax its marijuana policy? My view is that it should not because it's consumption and the pursuit of its consumption is apparently so compelling as to make people willing to throw away $100 million opportunities. And anything that renders a person so GODFORSAKEN STUPID is not a thing I want the NFL telling my 9-year-old son or 9-month-old daughter "Sure, go to town!"

Call me old-fashioned, but the self-indulgence and "I'mma get mine" ethos in our society is the reason for more of our problems than all the politicians, corporations, special interests and terrorists combined.

Now get off my lawn. ;)

Edited by WickedGame

Failed weed test? No links, no sources, strictly like 5 texts i have received in the last 20 minutes. 4 games on the table.

anyone else?