Marcell substantiated

plenzmd1

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The teams of the players will get a salary cap credit in the current season for the amount of the suspensions.

Other salary components can be at risk with suspensions. Teams can recoup the same proportion of the prorated amount of a player's signing bonus as he's losing in base salary

Teams are required under the collective bargaining agreement (CBA) to recoup signing bonuses for PED and substance-abuse suspensions.

Edited by ALF

Yup. It's dumb to make assumptions like that. You could salute him for overcoming all that too.

But he smokes weed and drives fast. He definitely belongs in jail. Thug!

I know it didn't end up this way, but do you realize how easily his "driving fast" could have ended up in someone getting KILLED as he crashed into a restaurant parking lot during business hours?

You should be embarrassed how you think someone's life would hypothically turn out.

But good news is you have more ammunition to defend Rex with this season.

it's not what i think, it's what statistics tell us.

anyways, back to making this about you and your football team. let's just blame the hc.

Dareus Instagram Apology: https://www.instagram.com/p/BJLqIKwAmhC/?taken-by=cell57to99

With deepest regrets I want to apologize to the @BuffaloBills organization, my fans, my family and the entire NFL football community for the incident that led to me missing 4 games for the upcoming 2016-2017 season. I will not #makeexcuses for the events in question and will allow the process to proceed as is required by the @NFL; however, please know and understand I am committed to the game and am more committed to my #Billsorganization and fans. This temporary setback will only fuel my desire and commitment to bring #Buffalochampionships and the #SuperBowl. I ask at this time that you continue to #believe in me and I will continue to invest all that I have to bring honor and respect to the organization and my fans and ultimately bring #Buffalomafia what it deserves - a #SuperBowl! Thank you for continuing to support me - I will rise above this setback, as with every challenge brings an opportunity for growth and supreme #success!

I know it didn't end up this way, but do you realize how easily his "driving fast" could have ended up in someone getting KILLED as he crashed into a restaurant parking lot during business hours?

He crashed into the tree on the side of the restaurant. I know that place well.

I'm not a guy who lives glass houses. I've driven faster than the speed limit. So have you I bet. So has 90% of the board. We all could have kill someone.

He isn't beating people, committing robberies, etc. I never have ever heard of a fan saying he's been disrespectful to them. Like I said, he is a good dude who didn't look at the calender when he smoked weed.

He probably should have been popping 100s of pills like Farve.

Yup. It's dumb to make assumptions like that. You could salute him for overcoming all that too.

But he smokes weed and drives fast. He definitely belongs in jail. Thug!

If you heard his life story, minus football, you'd be surprised if he didn't end up in a real bad spot. That's not insulting the man, that's just saying there were few ways out of where he was and football was one that he was lucky (and worked hard, don't get me wrong).

Without football there's a good chance he ends up like his own brother, who likely also wasn't a terrible human

Man, this team is tough to follow. They are so lucky the have a loyal fan base. They really test us.

I've vowed to not watch the first 4-6 games this year, and see where they stand after those. If they're competitive, somewhat disciplined and are legitimately a play-off contender, I'll come back aboard.

Just my way of staying connected, but not wasting several Sundays on a team that is very likely to be mediocre again.

Not sure how relevant this is to this thread, but I feel better now.

I'm not sure if I'm more upset about him not being smart enough to avoid the flimsy NFL testing or the fact his agent decided it was appropriate to #Super Bowl multiple times in his apology.

Try this one #neveragain or this #100%accountable or this #atleastImnotMario

Edited by Commonsense

Just unreal how one can blame someone for someone else getting stoned. I live where it is quote state legal. But is against company policy because of federal contracts. We do randoms and suspend people... we still have hot ones from time to time. I manage and suspend... so some of you are saying its my fault. No different than blaming coaches and gm.

I call BS

He crashed into the tree on the side of the restaurant. I know that place well.

I'm not a guy who lives glass houses. I've driven faster than the speed limit. So have you I bet. So has 90% of the board. We all could have kill someone.

He isn't beating people, committing robberies, etc. I never have ever heard of a fan saying he's been disrespectful to them. Like I said, he is a good dude who didn't look at the calender when he smoked weed.

He probably should have been popping 100s of pills like Farve.

So he was lucky that he hit a tree instead of a pedestrian going into the restaurant. Okay, I guess that it's no problem then.

Are you asking if I have ever drag raced down a major street in broad daylight? No.

PS I have driven through that intersection hundreds of times in my life, and never received a speeding ticket, or crashed into a "tree".

Edited by LabattBlue

If you heard his life story, minus football, you'd be surprised if he didn't end up in a real bad spot. That's not insulting the man, that's just saying there were few ways out of where he was and football was one that he was lucky (and worked hard, don't get me wrong).

Without football there's a good chance he ends up like his own brother, who likely also wasn't a terrible human

Yep. It's a miracle he even made it to zero, let alone 100 million.

Just unreal how one can blame someone for someone else getting stoned. I live where it is quote state legal. But is against company policy because of federal contracts. We do randoms and suspend people... we still have hot ones from time to time. I manage and suspend... so some of you are saying its my fault. No different than blaming coaches and gm.

I call BS

Ring a ding ding!

It would be nice to have a solid happy/good couple of days as a Buffalo sports fan. I was beginning to feel optimistic after the TT contract and Manny Lawson returning so quickly from his injury . . . and then this.

Typical Buffalo would be:

Jimmy Vesey announces that we chooses the Sabres tomorrow morning and the NHL suspends him later in the day.

I always have said that being a Buffalo sports fan reminds me of the lyrics of the Cream song Born under a Bad Sign. To paraphrase:

"If we did not have bad luck, we would not have any luck at all."

UGH!!!

Edited by Peter

I called the Dareus contract 'prepaid ransom' when it was signed. Here we are. The Bills are the hostage,and Dareus has run off with the loot.

60 million reasons to 'burn a fatty' anytime he feels like it. He's 'got his'.........

They've won without Mista Green Stuff before they can win without him now.

Mele Kalikimaka and Deaderick the impaler....they can get it done. They can get it done. What's more......

Edited by #BADOL

I'm not sure if I'm more upset about him not being smart enough to avoid the flimsy NFL testing or the fact his agent decided it was appropriate to #Super Bowl multiple times in his apology.

Try this one #neveragain or this #100%accountable or this #atleastImnotMario

I'm with you on this.

You can read between the lines and know that OBD is pissed:

We are very disappointed Marcell chose to put himself first, before his teammates, coaches and the rest of the organization through his recent actions. From ownership down we have made it clear his behavior is unacceptable. We will continue to take the necessary steps to work with him in order that he adheres to the policies set forth by our league. As an organization, we will move forward with our preparations for the start of the 2016 NFL season in Baltimore on September 11.

I'm with you on this.

You can read between the lines and know that OBD is pissed:

We are very disappointed Marcell chose to put himself first, before his teammates, coaches and the rest of the organization through his recent actions. From ownership down we have made it clear his behavior is unacceptable. We will continue to take the necessary steps to work with him in order that he adheres to the policies set forth by our league. As an organization, we will move forward with our preparations for the start of the 2016 NFL season in Baltimore on September 11.

No reading between the lines necessary - it's pretty explicit as far as I read it.

I'm glad they hammered him on being selfish and putting himself before the team.

If I'm the org, this is the strategy I take with him - remind him over and over how he let his teammates down (AGAIN) - make him apologize in front of them, and personally be responsible for winning back their respect and trust. Hammer home to everyone else that if they are doing irresponsible things they need to knock it off too, and start to monitor and police each other.

Poor Kyle W and guys like him who just want to do things the right way and win. They deserve so much better than this idiot.

And I think his apology is pathetic. Whoever wrote it for him didn't do him any favors. How dare you even mention the word commitment. Championship? Super Bowl? Give me a f'ing break. So pissed.

Edited by stevewin

It would be nice to have a solid happy/good couple of days as a Buffalo sports fan. I was beginning to feel optimistic after the TT contract and Manny Lawson returning so quickly from his injury . . . and then this.

Typical Buffalo would be:

Jimmy Vesey announces that we chooses the Sabres tomorrow morning and the NHL suspends him later in the day.

I always have said that being a Buffalo sports fan reminds me of the lyrics of the Cream song Born under a Bad Sign. To paraphrase:

"If we did not have bad luck, we would not have any luck at all."

UGH!!!

Reminds me more of "World of Pain" or "We're going wrong."