Marcell substantiated

plenzmd1

Can't go down this sharing the blame road with you. This is on Dareus and Dareus alone. I know you have negative feelings against Rex, but laying this one him even in part is just unfair. Not buying it.

Nobody is saying Rex is 100% to be blamed for another man's actions but for you to even think he doesn't have a percentage of the blame is beyond my train of thought.

It's simple logic. Yet it's the hardest to explain. Smh.

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My final word here as I find myself getting hot under the collar...

I'm all for personal accountability, I really am. I also know that people will get away with what they're allowed to in a workplace environment & some will push beyond what's allowed. The looser the ship the more likely you'll run into problems like this. If this was an isolated incident I would chalk it up to personal stupidity, but, it's far from that & a portion of the blame must be placed squarely on the shoulders of Rex and Whaley.

I'm very happy that we won the offseason...

Then how do you explain it happening on very well ran organizations?

Nobody is saying Rex is 100% to be blamed for another man's actions but for you to even think he doesn't have a percentage of the blame is beyond my train of thought.

I believe your logic train goes right to Pegula at the top, no?

Almost everyone close to him has died (grandma, mom, dad, mentor, brother).

Again, he is like the only player I actually feel bad for. He's not a bad guy at all.

With you there.

He owns this; terrible decision-making.

Agreed.

sounds ominous

Is there another kind?

:lol::lol::beer:

Two questions: 1) What should Rex have done to avoid this issue? 2) Who was at fault when Dareus was suspended last season for what he did in 2014 when Rex was still NYJ coach?

My final word here as I find myself getting hot under the collar...

I'm all for personal accountability, I really am. I also know that people will get away with what they're allowed to in a workplace environment & some will push beyond what's allowed. The looser the ship the more likely you'll run into problems like this. If this was an isolated incident I would chalk it up to personal stupidity, but, it's far from that & a portion of the blame must be placed squarely on the shoulders of Rex and Whaley.

I'm very happy that we won the offseason...

ill echo general sentiment here too....

we have used a model of putting high risk guys on the roster, and handed that roster to a low accountability coach. its not surprising that we are experiencing a lot of trouble here.

rex and DW didnt get MD high, but with better support systems and a tighter overall approach organizationally, i do not think that our list of suspensions would be the same length.

The guy who performed the act is certainly above 50% to blame? Mario Williams a mentor? Now that's funny. On what? How to lay down and quit when you know you're getting released at the end of the season?

How many times has Mario been suspended by the league?

All I know is this went from a top 5 defense to a clown show after Rex showed up.

Whose writing the checks, Rex?

I have no idea

If you work for a big company and you have a superior, is he not blamed from HIS superior for YOUR actions? Your superior may not cut the checks, but he is blamed for not managing you well by HIS superior. You might get suspended/fired, but guess what? Your superior might also get suspended/fired. Get it? Edited by HuSeYiN_NYC

Two questions: 1) What should Rex have done to avoid this issue? 2) Who was at fault when Dareus was suspended last season for what he did in 2014 when Rex was still NYJ coach?

i think you have to back away from the straight line causation of rex hired causing MDs suspension, and think that MD is a piece of a bigger issue potentially here.

Do you think that Rex is a coach that will be able to create a team atmosphere that lends itself to high levels of accountability? does his lack of that skill (if you agree its a weakness on his resume) makes incidents more likely to happen, even if he is not the direct cause?

If you work for a big company and you have a superior, is he not blamed from HIS superior for YOUR actions? Your superior may not cut the checks, but he is blamed for not managing you well by HIS superior. You might get suspended/fired, but guess what? Your superior might also get suspended/fired. Get it?

Yes, I get it. The Dline coach is in trouble

i think you have to back away from the straight line causation of rex hired causing MDs suspension, and think that MD is a piece of a bigger issue potentially here.

Do you think that Rex is a coach that will be able to create a team atmosphere that lends itself to high levels of accountability? does his lack of that skill (if you agree its a weakness on his resume) makes incidents more likely to happen, even if he is not the direct cause?

What do you think of Seattle's players and coaches?

Not buying one letter of this.

ill echo general sentiment here too....

we have used a model of putting high risk guys on the roster, and handed that roster to a low accountability coach. its not surprising that we are experiencing a lot of trouble here.

rex and DW didnt get MD high, but with better support systems and a tighter overall approach organizationally, i do not think that our list of suspensions would be the same length.

There's successful (wins) and respected organizations that go through this too. Every single team has high risk guys and they sometimes get in trouble with those teams too.

What do you think of Seattle's players and coaches?

i think they have likewise dabbled in high risk, high reward, strategies. they have been able to hold much of it together and maximize the reward.

rex at one point in his career did likewise, but for much of the last decade rex has landed on the wrong side of the equation and that concerns me at this crossroad.

His % of the blame is very low. He's a coach. He's responsible for building the play book, game planning for specific opponents, and instilling this knowledge in his players so they are prepared to win football games.

He's not a high school football coach. His job is not to help people grow as individuals, or learn from their mistakes. These are professionals, and should grow up and act like it.

He doesn't even have to like you to do his job. Why is it his fault when you get caught in the preseason being an idiot?

Edited by dneveu

If you work for a big company and you have a superior, is he not blamed from HIS superior for YOUR actions? Your superior may not cut the checks, but he is blamed for not managing you well by HIS superior. You might get suspended/fired, but guess what? Your superior might also get suspended/fired. Get it?

You have this mixed up

No.....your superior should not be blamed for your poor decisions....however one thing you CAN get blamed for is if the performance of the team goes down because of a particular team member you supervise and it costs the company money.......THAT is the situation I feel like we are in here.

Rex wont get fired because Marcel cant stay away from weed.....REX COULD get fired because the team loses because Marcel cant stay on the field because the only real thing is wins and losses

How many times has Mario been suspended by the league?

All I know is this went from a top 5 defense to a clown show after Rex showed up.

How many players that he's mentored stayed out of trouble?

We went down but it wasn't a clown show. That's just making things up.