Marcell substantiated

plenzmd1

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what, I think your right. This is kinda like BB being responsible for Aaron Hernandez

That's the ONLY way I can get behind blaming Rex for this one - if we can blame Billy B and he has to serve Hernandez's sentence with him :beer:

Your sarcasm could of been better. Fail. I give that a 1 out of 10. In an interview Marcell said that him and Rex don't just talk football and that they talk about life and all that good stuff.

But at the end of the day, I'm your boss. There has to be a willingness to WANT to play for Rex and that simply isn't the case. How can you label somebody a "player's coach" if the players don't respect him enough to (and i can't believe I'm saying this), not smoke weed. I mean, I'm not saying to not breathe, not drink or not eat (necessities in life to survive). I'm asking you to not do something that will A) Hurt your income, B) Hurt your team and C) Hurt your career.

Whose writing the checks, Rex?

Good deflection.

Do you really believe that the support structure in Buffalo plays 0% part in this?

I have no idea

Edited by SWATeam

Can't go down this sharing the blame road with you. This is on Dareus and Dareus alone. I know you have negative feelings against Rex, but laying this one him even in part is just unfair. Not buying it.

While there is no question that Dareus bears some percentage of the blame, and that percentage is certainly above 50, I don't see how Rex can be completely absolved. Some of it may be as Beerboy says, a lack of having his finger on the pulse of the team. I'd think it would be difficult to follow 53 guys and know who is smoking pot, but MD is one of the top few players on the team and has a history, so Rex has to at least talk to him regularly about it.....which he may have done for all we know. Another issue Rex helped create is the departure of Mario, who was clearly a mentor for MD. Business is business but if Rex hadn't botched the defense who knows how this would have fallen out. Maybe we have a little bit of a different roster and don't have to draft an injured guy because he is from Clemson.

All of it is speculation and I agree that a big big part of this falls onto MD's shoulders. But given the Henderson situation I find it likely that Rex is utterly clueless about his players in the off season, which is bad form.

Edited by 4merper4mer

While there is no question that Dareus bears some percentage of the blame, and that percentage is certainly above 50, I don't see how Rex can be completely absolved. Some of it may be as Beerboy says, a lack of having his finger on the pulse of the team. I'd think it would be difficult to follow 53 guys and know who is smoking pot, but MD is one of the top few players on the team and has a history, so Rex has to at least talk to him regularly about it.....which he may have done for all we know. Another issue Rex helped create is the departure of Mario, who was clearly a mentor for MD. Business is business but if Rex hadn't botched the defense who know how tis would have fallen out. Maybe we have a little bit of a different roster and don't have to draft an injured guy because he is from Clemson.

All of it is speculation and I agree that a big big part of this falls onto MD's shoulders. But given the Henderson situation I find it likely that Rex is utterly clueless about his players in the off season, which is bad form.

certainly above 50....lol

My final word here as I find myself getting hot under the collar...

I'm all for personal accountability, I really am. I also know that people will get away with what they're allowed to in a workplace environment & some will push beyond what's allowed. The looser the ship the more likely you'll run into problems like this. If this was an isolated incident I would chalk it up to personal stupidity, but, it's far from that & a portion of the blame must be placed squarely on the shoulders of Rex and Whaley.

I'm very happy that we won the offseason...

Unfortunately you are right......

I mean.....to be perfectly honest if Pegula stepped out and made a huge example of Marcel right now I wouldnt be upset....I might actually applaud it

but knee jerk reactions are not going to help this team....still 12 games left to be played after the suspension.....where I am REALLY concerned is this is 2 years IN A ROW.

I know. All fans should be mad. But you gain nothing by cutting a super talented player. Nothing.

Remember the Lynch trade? How did that work out? Do we honestly think a guy like Karlos Williams will smarten up because they cut Dareus?

If this was IK or some scrub, they would be cut the second the news came out. But for better or worse, you live with th choices stud players make and hope they finally grow up.

Maybe Rex was shotgunning with him. YOU JUST DON'T KNOW JOHN!

Also, to the point of Rex talking to Marcell about this, I can see the conversation playing out something like:

RR: Marcell, have you been smoking weed?

MD: No.

RR: No?

RR: Nooooooo?

RR: NooooOOOOOooooo?

RR: I believe him yo. I don't know why, but I do...

I'm all for personal accountability, I really am. I also know that people will get away with what they're allowed to in a workplace environment & some will push beyond what's allowed. The looser the ship the more likely you'll run into problems like this. If this was an isolated incident I would chalk it up to personal stupidity, but, it's far from that & a portion of the blame must be placed squarely on the shoulders of Rex and Whaley.

The problem is that he could have been a model citizen in his "workplace environment"

While there is no question that Dareus bears some percentage of the blame, and that percentage is certainly above 50, I don't see how Rex can be completely absolved. Some of it may be as Beerboy says, a lack of having his finger on the pulse of the team. I'd think it would be difficult to follow 53 guys and know who is smoking pot, but MD is one of the top few players on the team and has a history, so Rex has to at least talk to him regularly about it.....which he may have done for all we know. Another issue Rex helped create is the departure of Mario, who was clearly a mentor for MD. Business is business but if Rex hadn't botched the defense who know how tis would have fallen out. Maybe we have a little bit of a different roster and don't have to draft an injured guy because he is from Clemson.

Let me preface this by saying a think TPegs is a great owner, but i think we are seeing the repercussions of his desire to win. Which I appluad BTW.

I dont know how to search, but i doubt any of us were saying this time last year Darius extension was a mistake ..but he had had two separate incidents pointing to him being a knucklehead.

Kane is another great example of taking a risk, as is Karlos.

TPEGS learning a hard lesson i think. When you take risks on guys with some character flaws, some of them going to come back and bit ya is da ass.

We might see a different attitude on both teams moving forward.

Stop being paranoid. All I meant to say was that it was mostly Dareus which means more than 50. Later in the post I said big big part. I could have said 85 or 95 or 72 but that would be sort of silly. It might even be 100, but it might not be. That's all I was saying.

It's hard not to agree with this.

Personally, I think Whaley is better at his job than Rex and his job is to collect talent. This team reflects Rex.

While there is no question that Dareus bears some percentage of the blame, and that percentage is certainly above 50, I don't see how Rex can be completely absolved. Some of it may be as Beerboy says, a lack of having his finger on the pulse of the team. I'd think it would be difficult to follow 53 guys and know who is smoking pot, but MD is one of the top few players on the team and has a history, so Rex has to at least talk to him regularly about it.....which he may have done for all we know. Another issue Rex helped create is the departure of Mario, who was clearly a mentor for MD. Business is business but if Rex hadn't botched the defense who knows how this would have fallen out. Maybe we have a little bit of a different roster and don't have to draft an injured guy because he is from Clemson.

The guy who performed the act is certainly above 50% to blame? Mario Williams a mentor? Now that's funny. On what? How to lay down and quit when you know you're getting released at the end of the season?

But it's not an isolated incident. Which means it's much less likely that external forces would have had an influence on him since his first suspension apparently did not.