Bills Run Deep!

yall

Was anyone else annoyed by the constant barrage of the apparent 2016 season motto during last night's broadcast? "BILLS RUN DEEP!" and "RUN DEEP" splash screens were shown after every 2nd or 3rd play. I don't feel like I'm exaggerating when I say it popped up every minute.

If we'd have done shots for every occurrence, there would be 3 bodies on ice at ECMC.

Was anyone else annoyed by the constant barrage of the apparent 2016 season motto during last night's broadcast? "BILLS RUN DEEP!" and "RUN DEEP" splash screens were shown after every 2nd or 3rd play. I don't feel like I'm exaggerating when I say it popped up every minute.

If we'd have done shots for every occurrence, there would be 3 bodies on ice at ECMC.

Almost as annoying as that stupid horn theyll be blowing at home games again.

I think it is great. Of all the things to be annoyed about this team, this is definitely not one of them.

What does that even mean? Run deep routes?

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/186181-2016-fully-pregnant-all-in-nope-its-bills-run-deep/?hl=bills+deep&do=findComment&comment=3929584

‘Bills Run Deep’ was inspired by the unbreakable familial bond that has existed between Bills fans, players, coaches and the city of Buffalo for generations. This connection lives within each one of us at our very core—it is indescribable. Only we understand it.

Developed by Brent Rossi, Executive Vice President of Marketing and Brand Strategy, ‘Bills Run Deep’ extends far beyond the football field.

I thought it was a bit annoying. I know "only we understand", but I really don't.

The entire telecast was annoying, and amateurish. Tasker is an embarrassment as a broadcaster. How can he be wrong so often? Maybe if he took a moment, to figure out what was actually going on before talking, he wouldn't sound so totally clueless. I know it is the first preseason game for the announcers, too. But this isn't an isolated occurrence---it's his typical subpar performance. It seems like a lack of preparation, to me. I can't believe he approached football with the same level of preparation and focus. If I'm wrong, and he works like hell at it, then he simply doesn't have enough talent to call NFL games. Hall of Fame caliber football player. Hall of Shame announcer.

That other mook, Rob Stone, as nearly as bad. I think I heard the following statements from him (although they could have come from Tasker, in which case I apologize to Stone, in advance):

"You can't coach speed"

"You can't coach tall"

"You can't coach DNA"

For Christ's sake it reminded me of Andy Samberg's "That'll move the chains!" skit on SNL.

The blame lies on management (of the Bills Network and CBS during the season), though. Do they review the telecast, as a group, and point out the mistakes and problems, as they do in football, where they watch the game film together? When you accept this level of performance, it isn't likely to get much better.

Edited by The Dean

I thought it was a bit annoying. I know "only we understand", but I really don't.

The entire telecast was annoying, and amateurish. Tasker is an embarrassment as a broadcaster. How can he be wrong so often? Maybe if he took a moment, to figure out what was actually going on before talking, he wouldn't sound so totally clueless. I know it is the first preseason game for the announcers, too. But this isn't an isolated occurrence---it's his typical subpar performance. It seems like a lack of preparation, to me. I can't believe he approached football with the same level of preparation and focus. If I'm wrong, and he works like hell at it, then he simply doesn't have enough talent to call NFL games. Hall of Fame caliber football player. Hall of Shame announcer.

That other mook, Rob Stone, as nearly as bad. I think I heard the following statements from him (although they could have come from Tasker, in which case I apologize to Stone, in advance):

"You can't coach speed"

"You can't coach tall"

"You can't coach DNA"

For Christ's sake it reminded me of Andy Samberg's "That'll move the chains!" skit on SNL.

The blame lies on management (of the Bills Network and CBS during the season), though. Do they review the telecast, as a group, and point out the mistakes and problems, as they do in football, where they watch the game film together? When you accept this level of performance, it isn't likely to get much better.

Agree wholeheartedly. And I don't mind the slogan itself, but rather their need to clobber me over the head with it every 30 seconds.

We run deep and go all the way in. That's the Bills mentality this year and I'm with it. Long as I'm not in front of them we cool. I'll watch from the rear and let them do their thing.

Well, you need to be in line. The train horn is rather symbolic.

it means next man up/in.

The train thang.

it means next man up/in.

The train thang.

and this is one of the reasons i don't go to games anymore. I don't wanna train. I just watch

Agree wholeheartedly. And I don't mind the slogan itself, but rather their need to clobber me over the head with it every 30 seconds.

It's subliminal ('BILLS RUN DEEP!') messaging. They want ('BILLS RUN DEEP!') you to think ('BILLS RUN DEEP!') about them ('BILLS RUN DEEP!') even when you're done ('BILLS RUN DEEP!') watching them ('BILLS RUN DEEP!'). Go ('BILLS RUN DEEP!') Bills!!!

Almost as annoying as that stupid horn theyll be blowing at home games again.

Not sure if I was just ignoring it, but last night the blowing of the train horn didn't sound nearly as loud as it used to. Maybe it's set on preseason volume. Does it goes up to 11 when the games count? But, like I said in another thread, they need to replace it and go back to the video of the stampeding herd of Buffalo. Much more appropriate.

Edited by Bubba Gump

I felt the same way.

It also has to be one of the worst mottos. Do they meet making a "deep run" or "going deep" into the playoffs?

it means next man up/in.

The train thang.

and this is one of the reasons i don't go to games anymore. I don't wanna train. I just watch

I always DID wonder what the hell a train sound had to do with stameding buffaloes. Makes sense now for sure.