Preseason Game #1- Colts

For those fans who are OUTSIDE of the US. You can buy Gamepass and it gives you all the games live, as opposed to the US version where you can't watch live. I've done it last year and this year - worth every penny and I get NFL network on all my devices.

Yep me too. I think I am on my 4th year of Gamepass. Before I could afford it I was a stream for free guy but they always seemed to buffer at the key moment in the 4th game tied at 21 or something. It is worth every penny. You get all the pre-season, all the NFL Network archives of A Football Life etc, NFL Network all year round, Hard Knocks, every game except those that are live on UK TV (which then get blacked out on gamepass but that is fine because it is the same SKY subscription as I have for my soccer and cricket etc so I just watch those on there). It is my best purchase of the year.

Talking of which.... I might go and watch the 1st episode of the new Hard Knocks in a minute...

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I thought I'd post what I will be watching for tomorrow night:

1. The WR battle. This has been a theme all the way through the off-season, especially since Hogan departed to the Patriots. There is no established #3 behind Sammy and Robert Woods and Sammy will be down against the Colts so the clutch of guys who have been battling get the chance to put something on game tape. In particular I am interested to see if Greg Little who had an impressive first week of camp with some circus catches and an apparent understanding of the offense can transfer that onto the field. Similarly the reports seem to indicate that week 2 of camp has been the week of the Flash. It is now or never for Marquise Goodwin and he will get some opportunities to stake his claim. What I really will be keeping a close eye on is where the various receivers are lining up. Do they see Goodwin outside running go routes and hitches in the way they were trying to use Harvin last year? Or do they see that speed and quickness as an option in the slot? Equally where does Woods play? I suspect Saturday won't be conclusive on his role but it may give us clues as to how Roman wants to utilise him in this offense. What about Leonard Hankerson who I think came into this as a leader in the clubhouse in the eyes of many Bills fans but has not stood out to the camp watchers at all so far. He might be the receiver in the greatest need of a performance on Saturday night.

2. The use of Jim Dray. I don't think anyone will ever forget the moment in pre-season last year when the Bills threw the ball to Matthew Mulligan. Either time stood still or Mulligan did but the 2 seconds that followed before he was tackled felt like an eternity. Roman wants to have a blocking TE, he has history with Dray, I want to see what packages he is used in and how they ask him to block. When he is in as just a blocker, who is off the field?

3. Kouandjio. Put quite simply it is now or never. I didn't think he was terrible in the actual game time he got last year which was a step forward from the first pre-season games his rookie year. There is a swing tackle job to be won and if Koundjio cannot win it against err... basically nobody.... then the Bills will be scouring the list of tackles cut from other rosters in 3 weeks time.

4. Safety. Looks like Aaron Williams is out and his propensity for taking hits to the head / neck area is now becoming majorly concerning. My initial instinct was that one of the 4 safety jobs would go to Colt Anderson for his teams ability but if Aaron's health is in doubt then I suspect the final job after him, Graham and Blanton will go to whoever plays the safety position the best. Rex has raved about the progression of Jonathan Meeks all off-season.... he is another in now or never territory. Duke Williams is now behind the 8 ball and needs to show up and play to avoid being cut.

5. Adolphus. He is the last man standing from the first two days of our draft. Despite that I'd like to see him rotate in some even when the twos come onto the field and Kyle and Marcel have their feet up. I want to see him in and allowed to get after the Quarterback let him beat some guys, even if they are NFL scrub guys I think it will do his confidence the world of good.

1. I agree about the WR competition. Lot's of athletes competing for those 3-5 or 6 positions and some big armed QB's to throw them the ball.

2. Last summer Roman really didn't implement much of his run game so I don't expect to see much from the blocking TE........and hope not too. I am interested in seeing Annen more than Dray.

3. Cyrus actually did a fair job as an extra blocker last year when put into motion as an extra blocker/tight end. I say that's because his get-off has been his biggest problem since he got to Buffalo so a head start is his best friend. If you can't get set-up quick as a tackle in the NFL you are going to be on the other teams highlight reel a lot.

4. Can't wait to see this as well. This is the #2 competition to me. Need excellent safety play in this defense and that probably means one or more of Blanton/Duke/Meeks is going to have to start and play a lot of games this year.

5. I am hoping to be pleasantly surprised by Adolphus. Zimmer too. More interested in seeing the improvement of the defense as a whole though. It would be unusual but I wouldn't be that surprised if the Ryan's ran a lot more of their defense this preseason to gain experience and avoid a slow start this year.

Yep me too. I think I am on my 4th year of Gamepass. Before I could afford it I was a stream for free guy but they always seemed to buffer at the key moment in the 4th game tied at 21 or something. It is worth every penny. You get all the pre-season, all the NFL Network archives of A Football Life etc, NFL Network all year round, Hard Knocks, every game except those that are live on UK TV (which then get blacked out on gamepass but that is fine because it is the same SKY subscription as I have for my soccer and cricket etc so I just watch those on there). It is my best purchase of the year.

Talking of which.... I might go and watch the 1st episode of the new Hard Knocks in a minute...

Of course, they don't offer that to Americans...because, ripoff <_<

Freaking NFL, in 10 years it'll probably cost $100 to watch one regular season game at home (as advertisers keep losing money what with the kids not watching TV).

I'm going to roll with a combo of NFLN (anyone know if Redzone Channel will be up?), WGR55 and Twitter / TBD :beer:

They'll keep raising the price so long as people keep paying it. I sure would in their place. When (if) people stop paying the price will come down.

Bars might have the games on?

Looks like wet conditions for the game. Worried about slipping and injuries.

Perhaps we can shop-vac the field before the game starts.

Also, bubble wrap suits for all Bills players.

My fear of more injuries is at DEFCON 1 now.

It kind of stinks the NFLN will replay again from 7 pm on those "A Football Life" episodes rather than air our game. At least it will be on at 7:30 am tomorrow so hopefully God will give me a dispensation from going to church in the morning.

That's why God created DVR's. They came somewhere after the 7th day......not sure exactly. :)

Actually, the wife's out of town, so the DVR lets me sleep in. A wonderful creation indeed!

Perhaps we can shop-vac the field before the game starts.

Also, bubble wrap suits for all Bills players.

My fear of more injuries is at DEFCON 1 now.

they should just call up the Packers and tell them they can make up the HOF game if they wear the bills Jersey and play for them. Although somehow you know a Bills player would get hurt tonight still