Preseason Game #1- Colts

Fellow TBD Members,

With the first preseason game two days away I haven't heard much about what to expect in the first game. I know there has been many reports from camp and practices (Thanks Astro) but I haven't heard how much starter time we will see Saturday.

Will we see the offense and defensive starters for at least a quarter?

Also, anyone or anything people want see in this first game?

Thanks and glad we are getting closer to the regular season.

P.S. As always Mods, if this is overlaps with any other thread feel free to move of delete. I searched colts and preseason but only found threads about other specific topics.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just trying to figure out how to watch Preseason games at an affordable price... really hate that the NFL moved Preaseason games to a $100 package, instead of a $20 package or whatever it used to be.

same here! I thought it was like $25... Went on yesterday to do it and really not interested in paying that much just to see the preseason games since I have NFL ticket for reg season Edited by YoloinOhio

I really want Tyrod to take command of the offense and move the ball, and I want to see the defense look competent and communicating and minimal false starts/holding/encroachment, etc. It's just the first preseason game.

I'm also looking forward to TBD'ers saying 'they're using a stripped down playbook' or 'they're only using a base defense'

from Around the NFL................

Indianapolis Colts at Buffalo Bills (7 p.m.)

» Where is the Ryan defense at? An offseason of change and devastating injury has Buffalo looking to put all the pieces together. Rex Ryan has never been afraid to get exotic in the preseason, but does he have enough institutional knowledge to run what he wants?

» How careful will Chuck Pagano be with Andrew Luck? This has been an important season for the former No. 1 overall pick, and he will get to begin anew on Saturday. The Colts planned on playing Luck in the Hall of Fame game, so nothing should change but the opponent.

» Hassan Ridgeway has been seeing some first-string love following the suspension of Colts tackleArthur Jones. While that might not be a permanent fixture once the lineup settles into order, Buffalo's offensive line will provide an adequate proving ground.

from Around the NFL................

Indianapolis Colts at Buffalo Bills (7 p.m.)

» Where is the Ryan defense at? An offseason of change and devastating injury has Buffalo looking to put all the pieces together. Rex Ryan has never been afraid to get exotic in the preseason, but does he have enough institutional knowledge to run what he wants?

» How careful will Chuck Pagano be with Andrew Luck? This has been an important season for the former No. 1 overall pick, and he will get to begin anew on Saturday. The Colts planned on playing Luck in the Hall of Fame game, so nothing should change but the opponent.

» Hassan Ridgeway has been seeing some first-string love following the suspension of Colts tackleArthur Jones. While that might not be a permanent fixture once the lineup settles into order, Buffalo's offensive line will provide an adequate proving ground.

interesting - I thought I heard they were going to start Tolzein last week.

I'm just trying to figure out how to watch Preseason games at an affordable price... really hate that the NFL moved Preaseason games to a $100 package, instead of a $20 package or whatever it used to be.

Freaking NFL, in 10 years it'll probably cost $100 to watch one regular season game at home (as advertisers keep losing money what with the kids not watching TV).

I'm going to roll with a combo of NFLN (anyone know if Redzone Channel will be up?), WGR55 and Twitter / TBD :beer:

It's a shame the NFL/Bills haven't gotten their act together on the Game Pass codes for season ticket holders...these should have come out prior to preseason starting.

I'll just tape the NFLN replay on Sunday and watch then. Have plans Saturday night anyway.

Edited by eball

same here! I thought it was like $25... Went on yesterday to do it and really not interested in paying that much just to see the preseason games since I have NFL ticket for reg season

Has anyone tried to use their live radio broadcasts that NFL.Com says it provides.

I ask because I saw the price increase last year and went "no thanks". However when the season rolled around it got harder to head downtown to head to my Bills Backers watering hole and it got expensive fast and for some reason WGR does not run well on my PC and due to broadcast rules will not play the game on my phone.

It's still a ripoff. But if I can listen to the radio stream well, and then rewatch games and preseason maybe it's worth it.

It's a shame the NFL/Bills haven't gotten their act together on the Game Pass codes for season ticket holders...these should have come out prior to preseason starting.

I'll just tape the NFLN replay on Sunday and watch then. Have plans Saturday night anyway.

i forgot that they replay all the preseason games on NFLN - good call

My wife keeps complaining that I pay for Sunday ticket and don't get preseason games. Since I don't live near Buffalo anymore, I am limited in what I can watch. Any streaming options

As for the OP's question, I actually went to a preseason game in Chicago when Doug Flutie was the untried backup to Rob Johnson. He actually played a good part of the game and Bills won (I think) I'm interested to see the progress that Cardale Jones has made.

Has anyone tried to use their live radio broadcasts that NFL.Com says it provides.

I ask because I saw the price increase last year and went "no thanks". However when the season rolled around it got harder to head downtown to head to my Bills Backers watering hole and it got expensive fast and for some reason WGR does not run well on my PC and due to broadcast rules will not play the game on my phone.

It's still a ripoff. But if I can listen to the radio stream well, and then rewatch games and preseason maybe it's worth it.

I know, I have to purchase the package this year and not assume I'll go to every game at the Bills Backer bar. It adds up way too quickly.

Edited by quinnearlysghost88

I know, I have to purchase the package this year and not assume I'll go to every game at the Bills Backer bar. It adds up way too quickly.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy going to Tavern on Broad in Philly and plan to for the home opener and big games, but it does add up.

The video player worked fine for me when I subscribed. If the radio works well, maybe I'll spring for it.