2016 Brazil Summer Olympics Thread

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read somewhere that the US would not dip their flag when entering the stadium. Someone forgot to tell Phelps.

It's was given to the flag bearer's discretion whether to bow (like Obama) or not.

If the leaked info about Olympic village including 75% of the athletes participate in some type of orgy, I'm surprised the US decided to charter a cruise ship.

It's was given to the flag bearer's discretion whether to bow (like Obama) or not.

If the leaked info about Olympic village including 75% of the athletes participate in some type of orgy, I'm surprised the US decided to charter a cruise ship.

Is Gronk there?

I have no idea when the ceremony ended or they lit the torch. We went to bed at 11:30 et but had the DVR set. Unfortunately NBC couldn't keep even a taped ceremony within the scheduled time and DTV scheduler pulled the plug at 12:30 as scheduled. So we never saw the oath, flag raising, or torch. Redick!

I have no idea when the ceremony ended or they lit the torch. We went to bed at 11:30 et but had the DVR set. Unfortunately NBC couldn't keep even a taped ceremony within the scheduled time and DTV scheduler pulled the plug at 12:30 as scheduled. So we never saw the oath, flag raising, or torch. Redick!

should have used the extension.

They should parade the athletes through, sing the host country's national anthem and light the torch and call it a day.

just not a fan of it, I try to watch it but I get so bored with lame dancing, music and pageantry, plus 5 hrs is really excessive.

And it is always some kind of "world party" bs... LoL... It is what it is. For all the money they are wasting while people are living in slums on the hills of Rio...

My practical side sees through the BS propoganda.

Fix your water and sewage problem Rio.

It ended about 1am. I think your dvr cut it off right about when all that was starting.

And it is always some kind of "world party" bs... LoL... It is what it is. For all the money they are wasting while people are living in slums on the hills of Rio...

My practical side sees through the BS propoganda.

Fix your water and sewage problem Rio.

The Olympics are a huge money loser for the host country. All it does is line the pockets of the politicians who bring it there.

The Olympics are a huge money loser for the host country. All it does is line the pockets of the politicians who bring it there.

Yep...

Did you hear all the volunteers. Like Rio needs volunteers. Even after lining pockets of their cargo shorts, they depend on free labor.

Chicago's 2016 bid wasn't sexy... But it was solvent.

Squaw Valley, 1960 didn't have a bobsled competition... Because it was too expensive to build!

We need to return to those days of fiscal accountability.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

should have used the extension.

They should parade the athletes through, sing the host country's national anthem and light the torch and call it a day.

I never saw a option pop up like I do when I tape LIVE Bills or Sabres games. Plus I thought since it was taped it would end on time. Oh well, we watched the lady win the first Gold this morning in Air Rifle instead.

Yep...

Did you hear all the volunteers. Like Rio needs volunteers. Even after lining pockets of their cargo shorts, they depend on free labor.

Chicago's 2016 bid wasn't sexy... But it was solvent.

Squaw Valley, 1960 didn't have a bobsled competition... Because it was too expensive to build!

We need to return to those days of fiscal accountability.

I'd like to think they would have been solvent but past history is not good as usually corruption and bribes push costs way up. Of course being Chicago, maybe thye built that in as a contingency and had it covered. :lol:

It ended about 1am. I think your dvr cut it off right about when all that was starting.

Yup... the IOC official was blabbing away when it went poof. Glad we didn't try to stay awake as my sarcasm once getting worse the more we drank. :rolleyes:

5 hours?!? Good grief. I watched it for about ten minutes and was bored.

I didn't watch it all just going by the programing

Pong action was so-so today. Bound to heat up this week.

Some dude is boxing at 46 lbs right now. Where do they find these people???

are you sure that is not Kgs?

The true definition of FLYWEIGHT!

Boxer throws punch. Fly buzzes in between Punch and face. Boxer lands punch, Boxer retrieves Glove and fly keep on flying unharmed.

Kilograms? What country is still using the metric system?

The rest of the world. USA always different.

Edited by PO16FFS

It appears the same country that is spelling our name (United States) w/the first letter as an "E." Shouldn't they just call us by our name: United States. If we did this with a person's name, say replaced: "Jorge" with "George."... We would be the insensitive Americans trying to Anglicize everything. Where do they get off Portugalizing (is that a word) our name? :lol::lol:

Still 100 pounds... :doh:

little people need to fight too.

all of them

The true definition of FLYWEIGHT!

Boxer throws punch. Fly buzzes in between Punch and face. Boxer lands punch, Boxer retrieves Glove and fly keep on flying unharmed.

The rest of the world. USA is always different. Superior

fixed.

It appears the same country that is spelling our name (United States) w/the first letter as an "E." Shouldn't they just call us by our name: United States. If we did this with a person's name, say replaced: "Jorge" with "George."... We would be the insensitive Americans trying to Anglicize everything. Where do they get off Portugalizing (is that a word) our name? :lol::lol:

how the heck is an E a U ?

It's time the World give up their pathetic languages and adopt American.

Damn, you really make me shake my head. Now you want other countries to forget their language and "call us by our name?" Sorry, but ridiculous, entirely ridiculous.

I record everything. So glad to be retired now and can watch as much as I want. My faves are swimming, diving, gymnastics, horse jumping, rowing, Track & Field and the medal rounds of everything except boxing and weight lifting.

But today I paid attention to women's rugby...HOLY COW! these girls wear no padding and they play like athletes.

And many of you would understand why I yell for the Aussies when they are competing. So proud of my homeland that they do so well with a population of only about 25 million.